Coronation Street Characters To Smoke Pot

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Two characters in Coronation Street are to be seen smoking cannabis, it has been revealed.

The offending pair will be Rovers Return staff member Vernon Tomlin and teenager Darryl Morton. According to the Daily Mirror they will get caught sharing joints in a back yard.

Sources at the show told the paper they realised the scenes may prove controversial. "We've tackled controversial issues before but showing drugs being used was not a decision made lightly and was taken at the highest level," explained one. "We know some viewers could be offended."

Kieran Roberts, executive producer, added: "Not all stories are to the taste of all our viewers. But the vast majority of the time we get it right.

"We do not set out to shock and sensationalise. We're looking for interesting stories and characters. I'm very proud of how we tell stories and the care with which we construct characters, relationships and incidents."

The scenes, filmed already, are due to air in April.

News Hawk- User 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Digital Spy
Author: Dave West
Copyright: 2007 Digital Spy Limited

lmao, I watch this programme each time it's on... I'm sure tons of people will be having their say about this... Good on Corrie for screening it!!!

I'll tell you when it's been screened!

they have bbc on satellite here but i can't afford to add any more stuff. i love much of what i've seen on british tv. i remember a comedy group way back called the goodies. no one that i ask ever seems to remember them. i liked them better than benny hill and everyone knows him. i've been seeing commercials for a robin hood series that looks good. oh well.

which Robin Hood series would that be? the bbc have run two over the past 15-20 years... both are very good, the one that sticks in my mind has to be the one from my childhood with Michael Preada in it... I'm quite sure it's called Robin Of Sherwood!
The newer one came out last year and was also really good, I can't remember who is in that one... I highly recommend them both to watch... happy viewing!
Corronation Street is an ITV (channel three) programme here!

Back
Top Bottom