CO'S 5X5 Tent Grow With Mars Hydro LEDs

looking awesome man, im thinking you'll def pull more than 8 OZ based off of your last grows easy :thumb: there are always going to be people that don't will doubt you just keep growing and don't mind them. looks like you have some great genetics starting and im stoked on seeing the new mars hydro light in action :Namaste:

and just to get another opinion. i have read that LEDs will shorted the flower times when i do some research online but when i ask some growers they say its pretty much the same. have you noticed shortened flower times with LEDs?

and just to get another opinion. i have read that LEDs will shorted the flower times when i do some research online but when i ask some growers they say its pretty much the same. have you noticed shortened flower times with LEDs?

Well yes and no. I you just use a straight up full spectrum no. If you got a full spectrum with extra red boost and use it right yes. I have explained how to do this before. When you are 5-7 days away from flipping to flower you and flip the red boost on to help start the finial stretch and by doing that right when you flip to 12/12 you can feed them flower nutes on first day. The faster you get your plants to get threw the finial stretch the faster they will finish. Now some strains work different but either way it will speed things up.

Now for the hatters and the people that doubt, I use them to push me to do more crazy shit lol. Look out for the 5 foot by 10 foot one plant scrog I am going to do soon.

That comparison shot really shows the difference between then and now, it's looking damn fine that plant. Personally I'd be happy to get 8oz from any one plant but I'm guessing you're looking at 2-3lb there. Shame about the plant on the right wanting to give up the ghost, I'll send over my internet secateurs to threaten her with ;)

Great update and that "you're the umbilical cord to your plant" comment on the vid still has me rolling, that's the stuff of legends :)

Thank you my friend, I appreciate you taking your time to watch and stop by here. I was thinking after my post that some people may not really see what she has re grown into lol. Takes time and love to retrain a plant.

The comment on the clone video I think I got my point across lol. I was seeing so many clones with yellow dead leafs in other grows it was painful. I forgot to say when they have to eat the stored nutes in there leafs that slows down the whole plant growth. They will never grow back and be used again so in turn the plant now has to put a lot of energy to regrow them somewhere else. Anytime a plant has to stop natural growth it slows it down and can also in some cases make new growth smaller. If I remember I will show two Histeper clones and everyone will see the leaf growth and size difference from one to the other which was caused by a regrowth the smaller one had to make. Well you can see in the last pics I did, if you look at the pic that shows four clones same age in the 2 gallon pots the pic showing my shoes lol. The top clone and the one on the right are the same, same age same part of plant, same health,rooted same time and were same size. You should be able to see what just a little stress can do. :passitleft:

Hey CoFinest, I scrolled back up and checked out the clone picture and I see what you mean, there's a definite size difference. I'm still learning here and it's always great to visit your journals and Youtube and pick up some extra information. If you ever have 5 minutes to spare for a bad grower and want a challenge you could always drop by my journal and see what you make of my latest near death plant (again sorry lol). It seems that for every plant you grow I could manage to kill off two, all this knowledge I'm trying to pick up and still can't even grow a weed :rofl:

As ever I wish you all the best from across the pond :thumb:

thanx for the response man :thumb: always good to get different opinions. keep growing and feel free to stop by the journal or youtube page to see the grow i always make sure to check yours. peace out brotha :Namaste:

Hey CoFinest, I scrolled back up and checked out the clone picture and I see what you mean, there's a definite size difference. I'm still learning here and it's always great to visit your journals and Youtube and pick up some extra information. If you ever have 5 minutes to spare for a bad grower and want a challenge you could always drop by my journal and see what you make of my latest near death plant (again sorry lol). It seems that for every plant you grow I could manage to kill off two, all this knowledge I'm trying to pick up and still can't even grow a weed :rofl:

As ever I wish you all the best from across the pond :thumb:

Check your private messages

Subbed! :popcorn::peace:

Subbed. You are like a rock-star in my book, I feed off your knowledge man.

So I started off with 4 Mystery Bag Seeds and a Hydrofarm germination station not really thinking anything would happen. Crap, next thing I'm buying LEDs and Grow tents. 3 Popped and are in red solo cups of Fox Farm Ocean Forest. Things are green and looking strong and I probably have another 15 days before I can declare them in Veg phase. Set up a 5x5 yesterday, Yes Apollo what a deal and quality, and still working on the interior stuff.

I asked this question on another thread but never really got the answer I was looking for. I see you are running 2 144s and I am wondering if 3 144x5s is going to be overkill for a 5x5? I was originally going to go with the Mars 2 1600 but it seems that light doesn't cover all the real estate. I like how you attached your 144s to that bracket.

I know, I know, I'm not even sure if my babies are girls yet but I'm hooked on growing now, too late, and in Colorado it just makes sense. If any of the 3 are girls I will clone, if all dudes I will buy some reputable seeds somewhere.

Peace

Coloradogriz,
Since you're in Colorado you should think about picking up a couple of clones to get things started. That way you know you have some.ladies. In my opinion you could easily fit 4 plants into that tent under two 144x5s and still have plenty of room to work. Let's assume that 2 bagseeds turn female and 2 turn male, then you're left to vegging two plants for an extra month to fill in the space that could be occupied with 2 female clones. Would hate to see you waste electricity on your first run when you could be getting quality genetics from the get-go. Then again, you could have just popped 4 dank female seeds and do just fine with those and their clones. As my name implies, I'm all about the Mystery Seeds, but I'm also about using resources, money, aand time efficiently.

If you haven't already, think about setting up a ScrOG or two as plants do better under LEDs when there is an even canopy. Anyway, I'm sure CO Finest has his own opinions to add, which should superceed any conflicting opinion of mine because he has way more experience.

Happy growing!

Coloradogriz,
Since you're in Colorado you should think about picking up a couple of clones to get things started. That way you know you have some.ladies. In my opinion you could easily fit 4 plants into that tent under two 144x5s and still have plenty of room to work. Let's assume that 2 bagseeds turn female and 2 turn male, then you're left to vegging two plants for an extra month to fill in the space that could be occupied with 2 female clones. Would hate to see you waste electricity on your first run when you could be getting quality genetics from the get-go. Then again, you could have just popped 4 dank female seeds and do just fine with those and their clones. As my name implies, I'm all about the Mystery Seeds, but I'm also about using resources, money, aand time efficiently.

If you haven't already, think about setting up a ScrOG or two as plants do better under LEDs when there is an even canopy. Anyway, I'm sure CO Finest has his own opinions to add, which should superceed any conflicting opinion of mine because he has way more experience.

Happy growing!

Thanks for the sound advice MysterySeeds! I'm picking up some Blue Dream clones this weekend actually. I was originally hesitant because I just wanted to experience germination to flower and pulling clones in veg and crossing my fingers. My kids leaving all the lights on in the house probably use more power than I do currently and I wasn't too concerned about wasting time or electricity if it taught me something. I could watch videos all day long but I don't learn anything unless I put my hands on it, my brain is screwed. I definitely see your point though. Money isn't an issue but I'm all about researching before buying which prolongs the process. The 144x5's seem to have the same data posted as the 144x3s did on the website so it is really hard to make a determination if I want to go 2 or 3. If the specs currently listed are 6 x 2.2 coverage I can assume the real coverage is around 5x1.5. If that's the case I would need 3 to cover the width of the grow space. I'm pretty sure that coverage was the data for the 144x3 and has not been updated though.

So back to my original plan was to see what the female situation was. Worst case I have a 90x3 UFO, best case I buy reflector panels as needed. I still have @ 2 weeks to veg and not going to rush veg which I was going to use 4 T5s. So I didn't really need the LEDs anytime soon. Clones might change my timeline up but the wife loves Blue Dream and as long as she is happy she won't care I'm forking out so much on lights. I budgeted $10K for this whole setup and I am so under budget at this point but she doesn't need to know that. I could have bought seeds but I figured why not learn for free, right? BTW your name is friggin cool, I like them too. I saw CO was running 3 144s in a larger enclosure and thought maybe I could get a good idea of how much coverage am I really looking at and how far can I put these lights apart considering hot air is going to be blasting each other from the vents. Also, I know he has the same grow tent and are the AH 5x5 ceiling poles going to be able to handle 3 144s along with an 8" Inline fan w/filter.

Thanks for the reply and I will definitely check out your links!

All caught up CO! As always you're such a good grower to follow, so passionate, with great rants. :passitleft: It's awesome to see you turn those plants around, I'm sure you're gonna smash that youtube guy's 8 oz prediction. And your new strains look awesome, I can't wait to try out a couple from Crop King. Maybe my first auto, I'll be watching yours! Keep on representing!:cheer: Thanks for the vids! Can't wait to see those news Mars lights in action. :)

All caught up CO! As always you're such a good grower to follow, so passionate, with great rants. :passitleft: It's awesome to see you turn those plants around, I'm sure you're gonna smash that youtube guy's 8 oz prediction. And your new strains look awesome, I can't wait to try out a couple from Crop King. Maybe my first auto, I'll be watching yours! Keep on representing!:cheer: Thanks for the vids! Can't wait to see those news Mars lights in action. :)

Thank you SoilGirl for stooping by, always good to see you. Organic In 'N Out Journal 2015. Outstanding work and love the long detailed post. If any of you growers here have not check out the awesome SoilGirl grow you are missing out on some awesome growing, in doors and out. SoilGirl P.S wheres the finger nail color pic? come on that your signature pic like Cronichemphog foot lol..

The crop kinds start to finish is on and cracking. I got the seeds out of the towels and into the cubes. Some of them had 2" long roots already as you will be able to seen in the dome pic the top already out lol. I can not say right now how many are good. I do not do that until they pop out of the cubes and show me they are good. I have found there are always the slow poppers but that does not mean they are going to be bad plants. Its mother nature and no way to tell until you grow it. Above ground is always better then bellow. Here are the seeds in the dome.

SAM_10283.JPG
SAM_10272.JPG
SAM_10264.JPG

Was checking up on the clones and the three mothers. They are doing outstanding. The three mothers are going to be moved in about one week over to the flower room. The clones and the seedlings will be the only plants in the veg room for now.
SAM_10293.JPG
SAM_10303.JPG
SAM_10312.JPG

Now the main flower room is doing awesome except the plant on the right. I think it is told old and not going to make it. Not a bad run for a little over 1year and 4 months old and about 100+ clones off of her. I will give her about two more weeks to see for sure.
SAM_10324.JPG
SAM_10342.JPG
SAM_10334.JPG

The 5x5 flower tent is doing great. I still not use to flowering such small plants. Only around 3 month veg, so so young. I hope I never have to cut plant counts down again and have to flower out baby plants unless they are for testing only.
SAM_10352.JPG
SAM_10361.JPG
SAM_10372.JPG
SAM_10381.JPG

That is all I got for now. Video is uploading now and will be posted soon. I will be moving the Crop king seeds to a new journal. I will post link real soon and it should be on my post if I can get it to fit. I appreciate you all stopping by and wish you all the best. :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom