Costanza's 2nd Grow Of 2022

New light has arrived. 710 watts is a bit overkill in veg but its gonna be really nice when flower time arrives. Has a nice little controller attached to program light timer, and other stuff that I probably wont mess with like sun up and sun down transitions. Nice build quality to it and it's nice that I can hook it up to the main controller and control my lights along with the exhaust and the small fan
20220830_131319.jpg

2nd topping done the other night. I decided to transplant these into their final 5 gallon homes. I added some dynomyco underneath the rootballs and put them on the risers and will slowly top water a few times before saturating the entire pots. After saturation they will go back on self watering bases at the end of next week. Debating on whether I wanna top again or roll with 4 main tops and 12 main sides and flip in 10 days
16620533395155462468883294290911.jpg
16620534836487262352905665751361.jpg

All 4 looking good. A little droopy after watering to runoff for the first time in these 5 gallons yesterday. On Sunday the self watering bases will be filled and planning to flip next week so I can start flowering on Sep 15th, can anyone tell I have severe OCD? The 2 on the right the apes in space and the sugar puss are a little taller than the dreamsicle and carmelita on the left so that's bugging the hell out of me but they should even out soon

20220907_082252.jpg
20220907_082245.jpg

That looks like four happy plants to me. I'm looking forward to seeing how those self-watering bases do in flower.

That looks like four happy plants to me. I'm looking forward to seeing how those self-watering bases do in flower.
Yes me too, I always struggle around week 2 to 4 of flower and I think it's because I am not watering enough. Hoping the self water fixes this

They all bounced back really nicely today. All 4 were praying by mid afternoon. Super cropped all 4 to try and get them all down to the same level so I can put on the self watering bases and install the scrog.
20220908_210325.jpg
20220908_210328.jpg
20220908_210332.jpg
20220908_210337.jpg
20220908_210346.jpg

debating how I wanna do this for the flip. I am worried about one thing once I flip, changing the water in the bases. Once I get that scrog on its gonna be a real bitch to clean out the bases. Thinking of using my regular saucers and risers to put next to the plant and slide of the bases onto the risers and saucers so I can remove the bases to clean out and refill. I am gonna wait a week before putting the scrog in and instead of going with the flowering mix I am gonna stick with my regular 3g hydro, 2g calnit, 1gram epsom until the end of week 1F and then go with 2g jacks hydro, 2g calnit, 1.5g epsom, and .6g mkp and .05g JR Peter mix of soluble traces for some extra micronutrients. Also trying to figure out a way I am going to cleanup the bottoms on the two in the back. Last grow was a real pain in butt I had to lay on my back and slide into the tent and do the cleanup upside down it was crazy and It felt like too much work and there has to be a better way, which brings me to the one thing I do not like about this tent it does not have side access. When I bought the tent I didn't realize it would be a problem but it is and I'm not sure if there's a way around it. Tent also has light leaks around the zippers and if I had to buy another tent I would pass on the AC Infinity tents in the future they are just not as good of a product as the rest of the things that AC makes. Thicker gauge poles and thicker fabric on the tent but still pinhole light leaks which I had to cover up with duct tape. I also need to level the light in the back since last grow the plants on the right side grew taller than the left and the light is not even the way I have it hung so lots of things to think about before I flip this week. Any advice or recommendations are welcome as always.

Ok so I woke up this morning and checked the plants. They were very perky, more than they usually are first thing in the morning. I look down at the water gauges on the self watering pots and almost couldn't believe it they're almost empty already after 1 day I just filled them up at 9am yesterday. The fabric pots were getting light yesterday but this morning they're heavy as hell so that tells me the roots developed enough in the past 10 days since the transplant and they are now ready to take all they can drink. Super excited football today and my plants looks great waking up seeing the plants drink all the water in the laziest way possible reminds me of how my lazy dog will drink her water while she is already laying down hahaha
20220911_100033.jpg
20220911_100026.jpg
20220911_100015.jpg
20220911_100004.jpg
20220911_095958.jpg
20220911_095951.jpg
20220910_143152.jpg

These things almost empty again this morning. I did not think these plants would drink this much daily this is crazy but also eye opening since before these I watered once every 3 days. I put the scrog in last night and tucked some stems to try and even out the canopy.
16629937344933929187131810310043.jpg
16629937509471595325791721372060.jpg

Man, you're going to make me get self-watering pots. Those plants look SOOO healthy.

Man, you're going to make me get self-watering pots. Those plants look SOOO healthy.
I'm shocked that they're working so well I was really skeptical about them. Gonna be I interesting in 2 weeks when I change to flower nutes not sure how I'm gonna empty them and clean them to refill with flower formula. I might just have to get creative

Plants are looking great, @Costanza. I wouldn't let a little light leak in the tent bother you.
I'm sure it won't bother the plants at all either. I've never had issues from it and know people run tents side by side with leaks in both. Really though, I wish more manufacturers would cover the damn zippers with a flap, it's common sense. Also wish that they'd stop using velcro for windows and vents.

And you're making me want some of those self watering things too. Looks like they're sold out atm though.
The only issue for me would be that my 1 part nutrients might not jam well with it because the salts fall out of suspension. I guess the other issue is there's no runoff ever. Probably fine if your nutrients let you feed plain water occasionally. But it sounds like the plants are basically draining the res daily, which would at least get rid of the first issue. Really, anything to get away from the pain in the ass of watering a bit at a time until saturation and draining drip trays.

I'm shocked that they're working so well I was really skeptical about them. Gonna be I interesting in 2 weeks when I change to flower nutes not sure how I'm gonna empty them and clean them to refill with flower formula. I might just have to get creative
It shouldn't be too hard to switch over. It sounds like you can just skip watering them for a day and the res will be empty :) Maybe just feed straight water once to 'flush' the system?

It shouldn't be too hard to switch over. It sounds like you can just skip watering them for a day and the res will be empty :) Maybe just feed straight water once to 'flush' the system?
Yeah I think the plan is to do just that I cant think of any other way to do it. Once I put that scrog in there's no removing them plants

Yeah I think the plan is to do just that I cant think of any other way to do it. Once I put that scrog in there's no removing them plants
Not only that, but by that time they'll probably have grown roots into the base/res :)

Plants are looking great, @Costanza. I wouldn't let a little light leak in the tent bother you.
I'm sure it won't bother the plants at all either. I've never had issues from it and know people run tents side by side with leaks in both. Really though, I wish more manufacturers would cover the damn zippers with a flap, it's common sense. Also wish that they'd stop using velcro for windows and vents.

And you're making me want some of those self watering things too. Looks like they're sold out atm though.
The only issue for me would be that my 1 part nutrients might not jam well with it because the salts fall out of suspension. I guess the other issue is there's no runoff ever. Probably fine if your nutrients let you feed plain water occasionally. But it sounds like the plants are basically draining the res daily, which would at least get rid of the first issue. Really, anything to get away from the pain in the ass of watering a bit at a time until saturation and draining drip trays.
Yeah what I did to solve the runoff issue in veg was just to top feed ph water and let it runoff into the regular saucers and then wait a day and put them back on the ac infinity saucers. Once I flip I have no idea how. I'm gonna do it. Maybe when they release version. 2.0 they will have a way to drain them maybe get rid of the grate over the water hole so you can vac it out

Perfect timing my cheap little red lst clips have arrived. I used the clips and evened out the canopy a little bit better. Still not sure when I wanna flip, I was originally planning for this Thursday to be day 1 but debating on whether I wanna let them go to Oct 1st for an 8 week veg
20220912_160936.jpg
20220912_160934.jpg
20220912_160932.jpg
20220912_160906.jpg

They look really healthy and your LST did a great job of spreading them out. I know I wish I'd flipped my current grow a week earlier than I did. I always forget how much they grow in that 10-12 days of transition...

Back
Top Bottom