Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

Thanks everyone for all the kind words... I've been trimming 2 daze straight.. 4-5hrs yesterday took a break for 4:20 celebrate and then today all day with a swim break in between.

Something to this Sativa. Today I swam 90 laps (@25 meters per lap) in a row without stopping. Best record before that was 50 laps in a row no stop. Yes its hard to keep count but used to it. My normal swim is 100 laps or 2500 meters for the whole session and break it up into sets depending on mood. Today .. fvck it lets just get it done! :surf:

All that breathing in of the terpines and Durban Poison in one of the top producers... usually ready to take a nap after trim. Today swim my ass off. Hmmmmm I didn't even smoke any ... don't wanna have a heart attack in the pool, wouldn't be good.

So finally done with the trim and why I haven't been around much the last few weeks. Harvested 9 plants this last round. Been harvesting, drying and trimming pretty much full time (for me thats 2 hrs a day) but last 2 days = marathon, working overtime.

Yield was:

3 - 1/2 gal mason jars (3-4 zips per jars is my average).

Nice haul... went 110 days found 1 seed that wasn't viable and 1 nanner (on anther flower).

So not too bad, kept the room pretty cool at night and warmish during the day in the 80s pretty consistent temps, perfect for cannabis.

Fall run when I got a few more nanners and more seed that was viable, the temps were hotter during the day and more humid and cool nights (fall in the north east). So more up and down temps.
Maybe South Africa the temps are more like that ... this was the Landrace Sativa pheno .. could have went 18-20 weeks easy I think with this cultivar with consistent temps and humidity.

Probably not ever going to see this strain in a dispensary.

Spring run is no in full swing.... we are rolling.

Wife loves the smell of Buffalato #3 - smells like cucumber .. very unique and the pistols are all bright green not white ... never saw that before.

I'll be back on track here with journals, now that I'm done trimming ... finally.

Time once again to take another puff or 3! :rollit:

Pics of harvest forthcoming.

I'm w/ you bob...2 hrs trimming is about the limit. Eyes go wonky & trim quality declines. Ever nod off while trimming? Sometimes I'm falling asleep & poke thumb/finger w/ scissor tip, which wakes me up...lol. Even the loud music doesn't help sometimes. Much of the stuff we grow is head stash type strains....sativas take too long, strain doesn't yield, no name recognition for gen. public = not seen in dispensaries. Congrats on trim completion & harvest. :Namaste:

Hmmm maybe you could chuck some pollen here and there to preserve genetics. Otherwise stick them in the freezer.

I'm w/ you bob...2 hrs trimming is about the limit. Eyes go wonky & trim quality declines. Ever nod off while trimming? Sometimes I'm falling asleep & poke thumb/finger w/ scissor tip, which wakes me up...lol. Even the loud music doesn't help sometimes. Much of the stuff we grow is head stash type strains....sativas take too long, strain doesn't yield, no name recognition for gen. public = not seen in dispensaries. Congrats on trim completion & harvest. :Namaste:

"Not seen in dispensaries" .... I actually try to not grow strains easily accessible.

Making exception this round for just that reason. Name recognition. Then tell my buds to go get some and do a side by side comparo.

Blue Dream? ... Oh wait... lemme check. :rollit:

Trimming I usually do in the mornings so I can put a fresh face in it.

The strains that make me tired trimming are usually the easiest to trim so I trim then take a nap. Very relaxing...

Sativa trimming opposite, I cant see for shit after but ready to do something, must be the terpines. My wife was complaining about getting a head ache... she never gets them. I actually think this last DT was putting out some weird pheromones.

I did some test nugs last night and it was perfect. Not to racy, uplifting for sure and a decent stoneyness to go with and giggles. I was able to get a good nights sleep and wake up refreshed. No heavy headed feeling like I get sometimes. It was very nice. I'm glad I was able to run this one the proper length of time. The others I ran would want to throw nanners before finished so I always chop when I see them. Not worth the hassle of seeds... just in case I get a live one.

Speaking of next round and Blue Dream...

Family Pic - Blue Dream fam.... Black Hyena version:

Family Pic right side:

larger plants are
DT#9 in the back
Buffalato #3 in the front

BH #2 - she's got some leaf curl ... only plant thats doing it. Thinking genetics, I've tried everything in my tool box. Well not EWC tea yet but I shouldn't need it. Maybe some mycos to water in. Did enzymes, malted barley powder, tried some guano just a little bit, some foiler goodies... its just the smaller sugar leaves. The large fans are perfect. Maybe too much fan wind???
Suggestions welcome any help would be awesome. I've had this before but its been a few years. I don't think I ever figured it out. I'm not really too worried cuase the big fans are beautiful and healthy and at this point all I really look at for health.
Stems are FAT all the way up so very little support will be required, until fatty colas.

BH #2 - close of leaf curling...

BH #1 - we have flowers

BH #3 - about to have flowers

BH #4 - not ready but getting close to flowers

Buffalato #3 - Just getting going... most all the flowers still have green pistols. This is an exception. She smells like cucumbers. Very different.

I put in a couple long days trimming myself on 420... then defoling the veg tent to move to the flower... getting the cloner filled again too. Im only feeling "normal" now

Me too Iti... just starting to get back to normal...

Too much work and not enough play,
makes the girls want to run away.

there is a optimum time frame with this but we use it from one day thru to the 3rd day and toss after about 3 days - you will know when to toss as it will start to smell a little funky. We try and use it up in 3 days.
So once it starts to smell a little funky is it okay to use in a vegetable garden?

So once it starts to smell a little funky is it okay to use in a vegetable garden?

Yes outdoors... LOTS more soil. In a container things can go south pretty quickly... that sour smell is acetic acid which is a pesticide. Try vinegar and water 50/50 mix and pour that on weeds growing in say your patio or cracks in side walks.. driveway etc.

Anaerobic bacteria is whats up with that. We want primarily aerobic bacteria in our ACT for container gardening. Its a population thing... anaerobic bacteria are not bad per se, but they do their best work over longer time frame and closed up say in a mason jar or something air tight.

I super cropped about 10" down the main cola on BH #2, the tall plant with the leaf curl yesterday. I've never had the best result from super cropping TBH.
I prefer to just let then grow naturally. The difference in yield is minor tho so trying it again this round.

Just a slight bend, stalk was sooo juicy not even any crack...

To me that leaf curl/claw is plant asking for more calcium. Same when just tip turned down. Caught early will reverse but mostly not. Ca supply in soil insufficient to keep up w/ metabolism. :Namaste:

I thought that as well.

RE: leaf curl... yeah tried all my tools to get is straightened out ... even did a Calzyme foiler. Sorta stumping me cause all the soil is the same, the only difference could "possibly" be the mycos. I use 3 different type at up-pot before flower. I always write down and tape what I use each time. One of these plants I only used 1 type (forgot the other 2), I'm thinking it was this plant I forgot. It's the only plant that doesn't have a label with the mycos.

The plant is very healthy but growing VERY fast. Thickest stem I've ever grown at this height ... so yeah maybe she's outpacing some of the nutrients in the soil.

EWC tea will have readily available Ca... I'll do my usual EWC/Kelp ACT tomorrow. Time to fire up my new air compressor and try my new aerator.

It's like 7C (mid 40s) and tomorrow going to be 30C (mid 80s). Soil mixing time..kinda going from winter to summer.

The key to no-til is adding in compost and/or growing companion crops in with the cannabis plant but my pots are smallish for that. I usually add in a cup or 2 of fresh compost to each pot and I usually do that each time I up-pot.

Maybe with the fast pace of growth the soil is having trouble keeping up.

ACT and super crop... FTW!

Yeah I am about to mix another batch of soil this week as well Bob. Gotta go pick up another bag of EWC and a couple other things from the grow store tonight. Thinking I might give her a go tomorrow....make another 50 gallons or so.

My bro would dig a deep hole in his GH and bury a fish ( 2 trout last year) and some fire ashes and lobster shells, then fill the hole and put a plant right above it... now we got on to the no-til.. he hasn't touched his soil the last year. I'm gonna be mixing some stuff in my greenhouse this year and then that's it.

Back
Top Bottom