Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

Powdery Mildew - its the absolute worst pest I've ever had.

Just wanted to post some thoughts for myself on this.

Next time I get it - tear everything down, clean everything with vinegar and water anything disposable toss that in the garbage and take a shower after and toss clothes in the washing machine right away. Get new tents dont try and clean them.

Man o man. I've did a shit ton of study on this pest as its very common here in Upstate NY in the grape industry. I'm sure the same on the west coast. I got it on my last grow in Philly. Had to toss plants. I brought a few with me and I have been un-suscessful in totally getting rid of it. I've been able to manage it very well but not completely eliminate it.

Everything I've read says that its not systemic meaning it gets ON the leaves and doesn't get inside the plants. The jury is out in some circles on this with cannabis. There seems to be a strain of PM that is attracted to Cannabis/hemp and could "possibly" be systemic.

I've tried about everything organic to get rid of it.

IF plants in flower exhibiting PM chop and toss.

Treat plants in VEG as if they have it.

Note on PM:
It's not dangerous or unhealthful to smoke it or eat it unless you are allergic. PM is not tested for in weed in dispensaries but flowers and oil are tested for the fungicides to combat it.

Organo-fungicides (bacteria) are not harmful to humans are will not show up in testing.

Treatment will not get rid of it completely.

PM conditions - low air flow, temps 60-80F, humidity 40-90%+ rH. Basically our grow spaces.

Grow plants that have a high tolerance to PM.

We need to de-classify cannabis on the federal level so scientists in state universities (with AG departments) can study the associated pests and find healthful ways to treat and prevent this plant pathogen.

Lastly - do not slack on my IPM routine. Mites are nothing.
Don't forget to spray everything down with Pinesol they say it kills 99.99 on contact??????? I know I used it and even in my mop water......

I've been cleaning my ass off. Started with a clean slate new everything. The proceeded to put infected plants into flower.

All good got it under control for now. Just gotta harvest these plants I brought with me.

Getting close. Fired up a test night of Liquid Imagination last night
She's getting close and taste is very nice got high af too.

Liquid Imagination - red is the new purple. Lol

20200213_184041.jpg

20200213_184013.jpg

HB Haze getting close.

20200213_184103.jpg

VEG plants

Black Cherry Pie Bx

White stuff on leaves is kelzyme micronized calcium. Trying to throw off the PM with alkaline flavored leaves. Herd it works.

20200213_184156.jpg

Stank gift - Slurricane getting bushy time to give her a trim.

20200213_184205.jpg

Well they all are :smokin:

Beautiful plants Bob.

The one time I had pm outdoors (growing with passion fruit for camo) I.ended up harvesting and then really wwashing my buds under a running tap. Couldn't find any after the wash even under a micro. Not ideal and I learnt my lesson not to use granadilla to hide the plant. No air flow even for cape town
Have a kickass weekend all

Drive-by, w stupid question of the day. I’m not much of a soil guy.. Bob you once said that compost worms love bunny turds. I haven’t fed any to my worms, they’re hibernating right now, but I do use and ❤bunny poo.

I tend to think of compost and worm castings as being fairly mild in strength, and I think of bunny poo as being a reasonably strong fertilizer. It’s twice as strong as chicken shit- even though it’s not ‘hot’.

What change if any is there to the NPK of a bunny turd after it has been eaten and crapped out by a worm?

I've read that you can grow in straight up rabbit berries. Never tried it but I've made a crap ton of vermi-compost with it.

Anyone that wants to get some rabbit poop can contact their local County Extension Service. They will give you names and contact info for local folks that grow rabbits. Most will be glad to give you some free. How I got a lot of mine. Last time I got some I got like a years supply and included wood pellets they used for bedding. This had to be composted and it worked GREAT.

What I know about rabbit poop is that alfalfa is the main food source for rabbits. We know that alfalfa meal and sprouts are also good for use as a fertilizer but it needs to break down. We give it to the rabbits, let them break it down. Then feed that poop to the worms and you have yourself some of the best vermi-compost around. Just add in some kitchen scraps like coffee grounds and other goodies in the pile along with the rabbit berries.

Bunny Honey FTW!

Here's a quote from Michigan State extension service - our tax dollars at work! Yay

"Here are a few facts about rabbit manure:

• Rabbit manure has four times more nutrients than cow or horse manure and is twice as rich as chicken manure. Cow, horse and chicken manure are considered “hot” and need to be composted (well-rotted) to use as fertilizers.
  • One of the best things about rabbit manure is it doesn’t need to be composted.
  • Rabbit manure is organic matter and improves poor soil structure, drainage and moisture retention.
  • It improves the life cycle of microorganisms in the soil.
  • Worms love rabbit manure.
  • It is not as smelly as other manures and is easy to handle.
  • One doe and her offspring can produce a ton of manure in one year. That’s a lot of bunny honey.
  • Rabbit manure is packed with nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, minerals and micronutrients.
  • It contains beneficial trace elements such as calcium, magnesium, boron, zinc, manganese, sulfur, copper and cobalt, just to name a few.
  • Nitrogen (N). Rabbit manure is higher in nitrogen than sheep, goat, chicken, cow or horse manure. Plants need nitrogen to produce strong green growth.
  • Phosphorus (P). Rabbit manure is also higher in phosphorus than the other manures. It helps with the transformation of solar energy to chemical energy. Phosphorus also helps plants to withstand stress and contributes to more and bigger blossoms, and is great for root growth.
  • Potassium (K). Potassium helps with fruit quality and reducing disease; plants will not grow without it."

It seems to me that straight rabbit turds would be too strong. When I add too many to a pot I get signs of N toxicity. But I’ve read you mention that before, and it might be worth me sticking a clone in 100% poo just to try.

Got a big yard but no space for rabbits. Dogs would probably eat them anyways. Shouldn't be too hard to find someone with wabbits though.

My dogs love rabbit. We cook em in the insta-pot they eat the whole thing bones and all. Takes like 2 minutes wabbit gone.

We got some local alpaca farms here. Same deal with alpaca poop and llamas too. Cept the alpaca crowd think their animals poop is like gold and wont give it up free.

Back
Top Bottom