Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

Doing alright @Big Sparks just been busy outside getting gardens ready.

I have about 20 plants going now likely 12 or so of them will go outside.

Going to grow in the ground for the first time ever. Should be interesting so far so good I'm hardening off a bunch of em and no pests yet. Thought the deer wood have made it thru by now.

I think this is Slurricane I just took down middle of last week. Got a decent 150g haul on this one. Very very good weed.

Here's a few pics from my last 2 plants. Jellium and Slurricane from IHG from seed. A few of my friends said the Slurricane was best weed ever. I'm not sure.... getting an itchy feel for some sativa now. Gonna grow outdoors here so might be a good time to run a 120+ day sativa or 3 inside. Set up a special room just for them.

Taking a step towards an outdoor garden sounds good @bobrown14. I would love to see what you could do with some tasty sativas. I like sativas, but I've only got my small indoor space at the moment. So to lose any of that space for too long just doesn't work for me. As for Slurricane, I still haven't run my seeds of that yet, but I too hear great things about her. I've got a couple of things from CSI Humboldt going right now. They look pretty good. I've got so many seeds that sometimes it's hard to decide which to pop. Or if I should just runs clones of previously grown plants, because I always take cuttings.
Anyhoo, I hope to see you around. You've always got something interesting going on, and always have good advice for any organic growers that may be listening, like me. Thanks for takin the time to shoot the breeze with me.
Sparks

Working hard here. Outdoor girls are hardened off they've been enjoying the sunshine for 12 days outside on the porch in the sun.

The weather has been awesome here wow. Went from cold freeze to hot summer in the time the girls have been out. I didn't get the holes dug until the weather got HOT. It's been in the mid 90s all week. I tilled the patch to clean out the grass/weeds/rocks and made a nice flower bed. Pretty hot for me to be digging holes in a new patch so I got 5 holes dug out of 12. Will do more today.

Mixed up a new batch of soil - Coots mix - here's my recipe:

This is for 1 cubic foot (I just mixed about 10 cubic feet)
1 cubic foot of soil = 7.5 gallons - a full homer bucket is close enough.

Neem Cake - 1 cup
Karanga Cake - 1 cup
Kelp Meal - 1/2 cup (I added more)
Crustacean meal - 1/2 cup (I had lobster meal on hand)
Malted Barley - 1 cup (I added a little more)
Gypsum - 1 cup
Brix Blend Basalt - 1 cup
Oyster Shell flour - 1 cup

I mixed that into:

1/3 humus (compost/vermi-compost, leaf mold and Happy Frog soil conditioner (didn't have enough compost on hand since new home. Compost bins are not full yet). Haven't used the leaf mold yet so wanted to try something in a bag which I never do.)
1/3 Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss (it will say CSPM on the label)
1/3 aeration - I used rice hulls and per-lite and bio-char

Lay out a tarp on the garage floor.

Dump a bail of the happy frog
dump a 1/2 bale of CSPM - 3.8 bale expands to about 8 cubic feet so only used 1/2
pour on top - Per-lite, biochar and rice hulls

Add the amendments and rock dusts in a volcano hole in the pile. Mix with a hoe. Takes about 15 minutes - this a fairly light mix so its easy to work with. Mix that all up and into a trailer that I tractor out to the outdoor flower patch.

Once in the trailer I watered lightly and covered with a tarp. It's sitting there waiting for me to dig more holes which will be today.

Oh and about to harvest jellium I have indoors. Took some pics this am was going to chop but she's still drinking water at a good pace so no rush been about 60 days flower time. This one from seed from breeder.

20200527_073752.jpg
20200527_073655.jpg
20200527_073707.jpg
20200527_073503.jpg
20200527_073545.jpg

Digging holes... yeah wow. My wife does it I dont know how. Tilling the new patch was hard af. Then I got the shovel out and ouchie.... I'm still recovering from Lyme Disease so my joints get pain when working them hard. Digging holes .... FFS, gimme my containers. lol

Gotta try it. Thinking about getting a tractor with a post hole digger attachment when this goes legal here.

So gonna do all this work...... What was I thinking?

Jellium good - Slurricane better in the pipe. They look almost identical at chop. Smell slightly different. Slurricane has much larger original fan leaves so its a good puff for relaxing.
They both tops tho...

Digging holes... yeah wow. My wife does it I dont know how. Tilling the new patch was hard af. Then I got the shovel out and ouchie.... I'm still recovering from Lyme Disease so my joints get pain when working them hard. Digging holes .... FFS, gimme my containers. lol

Gotta try it. Thinking about getting a tractor with a post hole digger attachment when this goes legal here.

they don't need to be deeper than 2 ft. just the wider the better ya if you had a backhoe you could easily dig nice holes :)me toking some of that slurricane:hookah:

2ft.... bro..... they gonna suffer. I doubt I could dig 2 ft down. I think I'll add soil and make mounds. The hole 6" and mounds 18" lol I got down to hard pan at about 10" and dug a little bit more maybe 14" its all clay down there... Oh and rocks ffs. Its all Glacial till so should get better over time.

Been a long while since I dug garden beds. I did it in Philly for my wife and her gear but that was like 2002. I was a lot younger then. Raised beds are much easier.

We had clay at 4" in Philly and I managed to make some decent top soil with compost added, but that takes some time.

My buddy who owns a farm up in NYS plants a very modest outdoor garden each year. Four, sometimes five plants. He uses his post hold digger and makes a circle of holes then drills out the centers all with the post hole digger. Then he uses his excavator to dig out the holes and drop the soil onto tarps. His holes are about 3' across by 3' deep. He makes compost all year and makes a nice black soil with which he fills the holes. Not sure what all he sprinkles in the bottom of the holes but he grows some amazingly big plants. Problem he faces is the elements, pests, powdery white mildew, and when the rainy season starts about a month before harvest the botrytis starts to take over. He always manages to harvest enough good buds to last him till the next harvest but does tell me he loses a lot to nature.

You could always do it the easy way!!! Big pots! Much easier than digging holes, thats for sure! I'm running 20's outdoors....probably not big enough but we'll see what I get in 20s and decide if I want to move up to 50's next year.

I just picked up all my materials to mix up about 200 gallons of soil. Gonna cook it this summer and store for use over the cold months. I learned my lesson on trying to cook soil in the basement at those winter temps! Just gotta man up and get it mixed up. Just not a big fan of temps near 90. Think maybe I'll just mow the lawn instead lol.

Yeah Beeze was thinking about all the pests on their way and wondering wtf I'm doing outside. In farm country gotta do what the farmers do so farming it is. Oh and grass cutting... cant forget to do that.

I was drooling on a tractor with a post hole digger on the back and a loader in the front..... damn that grass damn it. Kinda tough to cut grass with a rig like that lol. My zero-turn 23hp does 10mph down hill in the short grass with the mower running. Love my trusty up-grade cushy seat.... .for 15 minutes.

You could always do it the easy way!!! Big pots! Much easier than digging holes, thats for sure! I'm running 20's outdoors....probably not big enough but we'll see what I get in 20s and decide if I want to move up to 50's next year.

I just picked up all my materials to mix up about 200 gallons of soil. Gonna cook it this summer and store for use over the cold months. I learned my lesson on trying to cook soil in the basement at those winter temps! Just gotta man up and get it mixed up. Just not a big fan of temps near 90. Think maybe I'll just mow the lawn instead lol.
I grew in 35s last year this year I put one in the ground dug a hole 5x5x20in deep the others are running in the 35s and they do well in those last year I got 6 ft. plants that was topped this year I started out with larger plants and there already dam near as big as last years plants and they have a ways to go im thinking 50s would give you a nice plant plenty big enough yoy wont want to do all the trimming lol.

Back
Top Bottom