Well Known Member
Nice looking outdoor plants Bob!
Dam those outdoor girls are looking great nice job. Question what do u do about the rain when the buds come so it dnt get bud rot or mess the buds up? Cause thts always an issue with my outdoor girls so i wana get a greenhouse like a 15 foot tall shed or sumthn wud b great n jus do em in there lol. But yea lookn gud bob congrats on the indoor ones also they all look amazing. I cant wait till i get my garden back in full swing its killing me not having a house full of plants any more lol. I dnt got tht great dank smell wen i open my front door no more. Altho my few autos i got going are starting to throw out alil smell now so tht helps hahaha.Random pic bombs
Garlic sherbert 42 days getting there.
GG4 x Purple Punch 42 days
Jellium x Purple Punch
Jelly Punch 42 days this is the super cropped top getting top heavy.
Another Jelly Punch
GG4 x purple punch
Jelly punch #2
Outdoors 9 foot now and it rained today so unless they got blown over they prolly 10 feet now. Been giving these girls terpinator pretty heavy. Sprinkle neem cake around all of them keeps the pests out of The Patch. Theres a cut in the bucket there 2nd pic. Wabbit took that one for me. Perked back up nicely today.
When the pests are on the bottom of the leaves how do you get the sulfur particles under there if it's falling downward and landing on top of the leaves? I understand how it is fantastic for killing powdery white mildew but how does it get on the bottom of the leaves to kill mites?hese very small pure sulfur particles (microscopic) interact with fungus (kills on contact) and insects (kills them when ingested).
Awesome write up bob thanx alot this is some gud info. Ok so do i need some special burner or vaporizer to burn the sulfur or better yet how would i go about adding it to my regimen? Jus wondering how exactly u do it so i could try it out safely lol. Also do i need to clear out the house wen i do it or can my dogs n i stay in the house wen i would do it?Ok here's a write up I did for a friend that asked me about sulfur burner / vaporizers and how does it work.
I had to dust up on a bit of chemistry and physics to figure out the answer.
Turns out its pretty complicated stuff. Here's what I came up with. Please feel free to offer up wisdom as chemistry is not my strong point.
In chemistry class I was drawn more to smoking weed under the chemical hood and triple beam scales.
Anyway here's what I came up with:
On the sulfur burner. Sulfur is an element right, number 16 on the periodic table. It's got a lot of interesting properties. It's got several different melting points and a temp where it begins to burn in a liquid state.
So this temperature where it begins to burn is >446C or 392F in air. The off gas or smoke from the fire is So2 or sulfur dioxide. So2 dissolves in water to create sulfuric acid (the bad stuff). This is the most common use for sulfur.
It's also how we get acid rain and how rocks break down and create soil. So pretty important thing for all life.
Ok so back to your sulfur vaporizer. The vaporizer heats up pure >99% sulfur at 140C (284F).
What are the properties of sulfur at this temp? Sulfur becomes a liquid at around 120C (248F). Its in a liquid state BEFORE the boiling point of sulfur 446.6C (832F). So there is no gas given off until the boiling point. The gas is So2.
Sulfur is INSOLUBLE in water. So what's the
point of melting sulfur in a vaporizer?
What happens when sulfur is in higher temps or in a molten state, pure sulfur particles are given off into the air (sublimation). Since sulfur is heavier than air it sinks and lands on plants. If you have a small amount of air movement sulfur particles will eventually land on plants and leaves. These very small pure sulfur particles (microscopic) interact with fungus (kills on contact) and insects (kills them when ingested). So when we use a sulfur burner / vaporizer we arent vaporizing or burning sulfur. We are Heating it up so that the process of sulfur particles given off naturally by pure sulfur is increased.
This is my understanding of how the process of greenhouse sulfur "burning" works.
The same process happens with sulfur even at room temps or slightly higher warmed by the sun this is sublimation. This process takes much longer (days).
I'm sure there's more toit but it's what I got.
Sulfur burning works. The plants need sulfur to thrive as well and why the main use of sulfuric acid is the manufacturer of chemical fertilizer.
Where do we get all the sulfur? Its comes from fossil fuel as a by product. Why from fossil fuel? Fossil fuels are made up of decayed plant material.
Sulfur, its elemental.
Mentioned in the bible
Fire and brimstone.
It's the brimstone part.
No not required.Then of course I suppose I would need to wipe everything down with a wet cloth and maybe run the shower a little to wash it out.
First one is squash, the second one is a melon, just not sure what kind of melon. They are a bit harder for me to identify until they get a bit more mature.So i have a question 4 who ever can answer it lol but in my non 420 garden i got 2 plants popping up outa nowhere an im not sure if they r watermelons or maybe squash idk does any 1 else maybe know an can help me out lol.
Then here is the other 1 but this one might be a weed an not the gud kind hahaha. I jus wana make sure its nuthing important an is a weed forsure b4 i pull it up so thanx 2 any1 who can help me identify these lol.
Then here is one of my fruit trees i think its a gooseberry but i mite be remembering wrong lol.
Tent would be easier....smell will dissipate after a few hours. Plus you get the benefit of killing any mold spores or pests that might be hanging around your tent.So would this be 100% safe and healthy to do in my upstairs bathroom? Or will I have sulfuric acid all over upstairs? I planned on shutting the door and putting a towel at the crack of the door/floor. I thought maybe a 4 hour burn, let things settle for 30 minutes after the burn and then turn on the exhaust fan in the bathroom and give it 45 minutes.
The particles are microscopic....if you have a small fan in there circulating the air, the particles will be everywhere in that tent,swirling about. If you run it for a few hours, eventually it will coat the entire surface of the plant....both sides of the leaves and the stems as well. This is why the recommendation for running in conjunction with a humidifier. High humidity will help it stick.When the pests are on the bottom of the leaves how do you get the sulfur particles under there if it's falling downward and landing on top of the leaves? I understand how it is fantastic for killing powdery white mildew but how does it get on the bottom of the leaves to kill mites?
Yes tent - I think he's worried about sulfuric acid. Its not part of this vapor process. I needed to check it out I have a 3ton ac unit in the closet with an intake to the ac in my flower room right beside the AC closet so yeah dont need me no sulfuric acid even with the ac off at burn time.Tent would be easier....smell will dissipate after a few hours. Plus you get the benefit of killing any mold spores or pests that might be hanging around your tent.