Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

I keep a mason jar with acouple inches of regular cooking oil to soak my scissors and a rag to wipe them down with. And a small drop of cooking on the inside rim of your grinders will clean them and stop any sticking from resin build up.

Buds looked fantastic my friend.

Keepem Green

Dolato #2 - in the can @ 5.5 zips dried & trimmed! Mostly all of it nug sized buds.

I didn't have to do much trimming other than get some sugar leaves off and saved them for later..

Snow-mega-don III happening now.. forecast is for 18-24" .... it's snowing like a hurricane.

Here's a good one.... check in with son last night. "You watching the weather forecast?"

"Yeah"

This am I ask ..."are you staying home from work?"

Son... "had to go in, I'll take Uber home"

"call dibbs on the couch, lemme know if you need a ride home tomorrow"

It's snowing like 2-3" an hour and wind... first day after the first day of spring.

Good day to work in the garden! I think I'll do some more harvesting.

Dolato #2 - Nug shot:

Another Nug shot:

Trichome pic b-4 harvest - leaf edge

Buds b-4 harvest:

Good looking buds bob....look gooey even on a computer screen. From Dolato? :goodjob:

Yes Dolato #2 - was classic Dolato plant!

looking good bob theres some nice sticky stuff rite there the trichome pic is cool thats how i harvest still some clear good job on her!

Thanks Sticky... a little bit clear a few amber... was time for her to get chopped. I have another one - Buffalato very very similar, getting ready to chop.

Dolato is a real looker! I just pulled the trigger on a double pack of Gelato 33 S1’s from Seed Junky. :yahoo:

You will love the Gelato... its a bit strong likely for some. It's great for me, been getting a pretty decent nights sleep lately!! Waking up early with lots of energy too which is nice. I get a good buzz going with this one!

This is one I can keep on puffing and keep getting higher and higher... was hallucinating a little bit last night! Was energetic but had no problem sleeping. Some stoniness but with an uplifted feel and not overwhelmingly long lasting .. so very nice.

I'm not a big fan of the stoned feeling that never wears off... kind of like a dull head-ache. Not a fan.. glad this is not like that.

Grow tip alert:

I'm going to start top dressing my pots with Malted Barley ground to a fine powder. Instead of making a tea... the malted barley in a tea aerated can make acetic acid (vinegar) if left go too long. That's a bad thing.

I've been experimenting with this and have gotten good results. Coots idea.

Just grind some malted barley fine powder - sprinkle on soil and water in.
Can do up to a 1/4 cup per container (7.5gal in my case).

This can be done 1x weekly.

Grow tip alert:

I'm going to start top dressing my pots with Malted Barley ground to a fine powder. Instead of making a tea... the malted barley in a tea aerated can make acetic acid (vinegar) if left go too long. That's a bad thing.

I've been experimenting with this and have gotten good results. Coots idea.

Just grind some malted barley fine powder - sprinkle on soil and water in.
Can do up to a 1/4 cup per container (7.5gal in my case).

This can be done 1x weekly.

I'm so glad you're stepping out there and actually doing this. It crossed my mind but I used the tea instead. Plants ought to react well. Great harvest on the Dolato. Enjoy the snow.

Is Coots commercial products worth the money for going organic in coco?

If you're looking for Coots mix, go to KIS Organics.. they have everything and are giving Coots a kickback. I'm not aware of any "Coots Products" - there may be some in Oregon I'm not aware of tho.

With Coco... I'm not sure, I've never grown with it. I've always used CSPM(peat moss) going way way back for me. I think there are folks growing Coots mix with Coco. Tad at KIS organics will get back to you if you go to his website and ask there.

Coots mix is what I use so I would like to be un-biased but I'm not.

I got into his deal way back when.. 2013 or so when he was on ICmag.. got in on the tail end of his "stay" there. He moved on to greener pastures and we were working on/refining the mix .. a bunch of growers asking questions trying different inputs. We refined it down to what it is thru trials and whatnot. I was just a grower like today but just happened to be right place right time. Back then there wasn't a place selling everything together... all of us were sourcing locally amendments and that's how it came about. Trying to find the best thing locally.. now you can buy everything put together in a package and have it delivered. Very very convenient.

I've been gardening for a long time.. we always sourced everything locally and made our own compost. Great for outdoors ... containers is more challenging. A mistake can't be buffered by infinite soil, it's going to be buffered by the micro-herd/plant.

Coots mix - It's the real deal ... Hard to beat in a container garden indoors.

I've been using the same soil in and out each run for several years now... I recycled some soil a year ago (into compost and a raised bed) and made new. Only because I'm in 7.5gal containers. If I was say in 15-20+ gal containers, that soil could be used indefinitely all that is required is minor additions of amendment mix. The composted old soil is part of my current run!

I've been going with less ACT/teas and more kicking back and letting the plants grow. Amendments/Mycos at up-pot and IPM with goodies. It's a process ... grow bacteria/fungi/Archaea and give them what the plant needs and enough water... that's it.

Basically it's everything but:

1/3 Peat moss (coco??)
1/3 humus
1/3 aeration

That ^^^ is the soil mix - humus is the important thing..those 3 things are available at any decent local Nursery. If they don't have them go to another nursery. If I'm selective, I could probably source those at home depot.. its the humus that's the challenge.

No amendment will get you to a proper soil... start with good humus. Work around and with that.

I’m sure there’s someplace close to source the humus.

If you don't have a compost heap, your local nursery will! They will also likely have bagged compost as well.

2 brands I can get locally are (and recommended):

Coast of Main Lobster compost.

Malibu - BU's blend biodynamic compost (manure based... good stuff).

I can get both of these locally (east coast) - Malibu is from Cali.. so harder to find here where I'm at. My local nursery carries a lot of different bagged stuff including leaf mold (composted leaves).

I contacted Tad at KIS Organics about your question on Coco Choir, here's his reply:

"Bob,

You can do it though I much prefer peat (see our blog for why). That being said you would just need to add some more gypsum to the coco, maybe 1/2 c to 1 c per cubic ft is my guess.

Sincerely,
Tad Hussey
Keep It Simple Farm & KIS Organics
www.kisfarm.com"

I’ll check out KIS organics, I saw packages awhile back that had everything in it except the soil.
I've been using their Nutrient Pack for a couple of years. I really believe you could mix this stuff with a good peat moss, perlite and some EWC and just add water to produce a crop. I'm not even sure I use it in the proper ratio to mix.

Highly recommended.
DSC_07809.JPG

Don't add in any gypsum or Ca trying to correct anything. What will happen is you change the PH of your soil enough to hurt the plants root system. If you already did that just up-pot them to another container with potting soil and leave the root ball intact..

IF you wanna add some Ca (Calcium) all you need to do is dump a cup of EWC in a gallon of water and stir and let sit over night, then water in.. (the proper amount of water). There's plenty of soluble Ca in EWC to fix any issues among other nutrient adds. Worms are our ancestors. They are all knowing like Yoda.

Seedlings.. just get them past it. This is the most sensitive part. Good genetics overcome a lot of shit.

You won't be able to correct any issues at this point. I just water and let them grow. Dicots have a 2 week supply of nutrients in those 2 halves of the seed - 1st leaves.

Don't expect EVERY seed to be a wonder woman... sprout more than you think you will want to flower, then pic wisely....

Ohhhh I just did a test puff of PMB #1- ooohhh la-la... SA-mooooth with a light berry flavor and mouth coating of .. wait my body is warming up. Face hot.. too. Ah yum. Must puff more!

Weed snob alert:

Pairs well with a nice Red Old Vine Zinfandel.

PMB #1 - side bud night b3-4 harvest:

Beautiful plant bobrown :D

Back
Top Bottom