Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

Well I find the new process easier than the old process. Now a disclaimer to that statement is that I use a DSLR camera and not cell phone so I never uploaded with the App....I am just talking the desk top version. So go to the bar with the all the options and put your cursor over "Gallery" and then go down to "Your Media" and click that.

From there, look in the right corner of the screen for a little black box that says "Add Media" and select it.

From there, I select "Members Gallery"

Now on the new screen look for where it says "Upload file". It will take you to the pop up box where you select your files (sadly still one at a time). Once you have selected all your files, click the "Save" button down at the bottom. Give it a little bit depending on how many pics you are uploading at a time.

Now to post it......when you are writing up an update, do you see the button that looks like a camera above the area where you type? Click on that.....

Now this is the part I like....just select the images you want to insert....in the order you want them to post and then click either "Post Reply" or if you want to preview it before you actually post it, click "Preview" and then when you are ready click "Post Reply"

Hope that helps!

Yes helpful... problem is when I'm trying to select pics from my gallery all I see is an Icon that looks just like the "insert image" icon with the sun and mtn up there beside the emoji smiley face on the bar there.... instead of seeing pictures I've uploaded.

All of my content shows up as an "insert images" icon. I can't see my pics I've uploaded so no way for me to even know or see what I'm selecting... I'll try uploading more pics and see it it works better with current content.

I'm pretty savvy with computers... maybe I'm just not stoned enough yet.

Gonna have to change that here shortly...

Ok while I'm working on figuring out how to upload and post pics I'm going to post my soil recipe I use.

I post it here a few times a year in case anyone would like to see what I do and how I make mix my soil.

Here's the recipe - "Coots Mix" - got this recipe from Clackamas Coots. The amendment mix and mineral mix can be purchased already made up. I've got all these ingredients in spades as we do more than just container gardening.

2 things I learned along the way gardening:

1) There's no substitute for a good quality compost.
2) You cannot amend your way to a good soil.

Here's the soil mix I use - feel free to ask any questions:

Acadian Kelp Meal @ 1/2 Cup per cubic foot
Neem Cake and Karanja Cake 50/50 Mix @ 1/2 to 1 cup per cubic foot
Crustacean Meal @ 1/2 Cup per cubic foot
Malted Barley @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot (ground fine in a coffee grinder)

Gypsum Dust @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot
Brix Blend Basalt @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot
Glacial Rock Dust @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot
Oyster Flour @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot

Mix with:

1 Quart of EWC (can be as much as 25% of the humus portion)
EWC = earth worm casting
1/3 humus = Compost/EWC/Vermicompost
1/3 aeration = Rice hulls or Perl-lite
1/3 CSPM = Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss (look on bag for country of origin = Canada)

Mycos go into pot at every transplant. For me that is once into #3 nursery pots and 2nd time into final 7.5gal flower containers - AutoPot XL watering system with a 70gal reservoir automated. Probably dont need to add mycos the 2nd time but its what I've been doing forever so ain't broke ...

Amend at up pot with 1 cup of the amendment mix and 1 cup EWC then into flower.

This is the soil mix I use - "Coots Mix" as it were. I thank Clackamas Coots for this soil recipe. Can stand behind, on top and in the can with this mix. Can go no-til for several rounds without needing to change it out. Amend at up pot, water FTW. All you need.

Substitute like you're baking a cake ... not really many subs for the above. It's a balanced soil mix. I get this soil mix tested at our state Extension Service every time we mix a batch and it's damn near perfect every time.

G/L

Ok here's me trying to post pics of my grow:

Woohoo 2x a charm, it worked.

OK so we are off and running...

PMB #1 - she's been done for a few days, just letting her ripen on the vine as it were. She's got a big loud smell of berry & grape bubble gum as soon as I touch the buds. They are purple too so going to be straight up bag appeal... hope its fire... should be!
Little side budlette:

PMB #1 - was trying out some flash pics Side buds.. all of the skirt branches needed ties they are all sideways like in the pics.

PMB #1 - more side buddage..This one or

PMB #1 - or this one??

PMB #1 - close up .... she's got a nice coating of trichomes

PMB #1 - same bud as above....

Buffalato #2 - Platinum Buffalo x Dolato - Both Buffalato are intermingled right now until I chop PMB #1 so not sure if #1 or #2. From a growth standpoint I like Dolato better. Very similar but Buffalato is taller and thinner.

So success uploading and posting.... just can't see any of my previous uploads/pics before the software "update".

High Bob :ciao:

Very nice looking garden here today! Nice pics too. :bravo: :yummy:

I’m after a bit of advice please. When I’m mixing a combined feed/drench or a foliar spray, the dilution guidelines for the ingredients are usually given as if that’s the only thing you’re using. For example, I’ve been doing a foliar spray using a fermented seaweed juice that we made, some casuarina (equisetum) tea that I made and some LABs, which I also made. The standard suggested dilutions for these are:

Seaweed juice - 1:10
Casuarina tea - 1:10
LABs - recommended dilution ranges from 1:10 - 1:20

So when combining the seaweed and the Casuarina in lets say, for the sake of example, 1L (1000ml) of rain water for a foliar, should I halve their dilution to 50ml of each, or put 100ml of each in, which would effectively give me a mix with 200ml of added goodness? (the LABs is it’s own thing, I’m always using 1:10 for soil drench and 1:20 for foliar, regardless of what else is going in).

Any thoughts about ratios there would be great.

:Namaste:

High Bob :ciao:

Very nice looking garden here today! Nice pics too. :bravo::yummy:

I’m after a bit of advice please. When I’m mixing a combined feed/drench or a foliar spray, the dilution guidelines for the ingredients are usually given as if that’s the only thing you’re using. For example, I’ve been doing a foliar spray using a fermented seaweed juice that we made, some casuarina (equisetum) tea that I made and some LABs, which I also made. The standard suggested dilutions for these are:

Seaweed juice - 1:10
Casuarina tea - 1:10
LABs - recommended dilution ranges from 1:10 - 1:20

So when combining the seaweed and the Casuarina in lets say, for the sake of example, 1L (1000ml) of rain water for a foliar, should I halve their dilution to 50ml of each, or put 100ml of each in, which would effectively give me a mix with 200ml of added goodness? (the LABs is it’s own thing, I’m always using 1:10 for soil drench and 1:20 for foliar, regardless of what else is going in).

Any thoughts about ratios there would be great.

:Namaste:

For any of the TEAS you can use just like what you say 50ml tea to 1L water. That ends up to be about a 1/4 cup per gallon in NA

So 3 teas = 150ml to 1L of water will work.. I'm usually spraying about a gallon or about 4L water with everything added in after I put in a gallon of water. Does that make any sense?? Hard to hurt plants with this stuff... its pretty diluted.

I don't use any measuring .... just eye ball it but I've got my teas in Mason Jars and they have measurements on the glass.

The stuff I measure are the Ful-power (fulvic acid), Pro-tekt (silica), and Monterrey Garden spray (spinosad). Yes I add Pro-tekt & Horsetail Fern tea together... gonna be hard to hurt plants with too much silica. Probably not possible. Pro-tekt has a fair amount of K in it tho... so can overdo it with that stuff and why I use HT Tea much more (1/4 cup-ish) vs 1 tsp of Pro-tekt.

Oh yeah ... found a source for Neem meal aka Neem Seed Meal or Neem Cake
in Canada:

Reindeers Neem Meal is the Neem seed meal obtained as a residue while extracting neem oil from neem seed kernels.

They have several amendments we can use in our soil mix. I don't use Soft Rock Phosphate but most of the other stuff they carry I do use.

Hey bob, what's a good seed starter mix for the soil mix we use? I ended up just using the 1/1/1 base mix of cspm/pumice/Malibu compost with no added amendments. Should I have added a liming agent possibly? Thing is, my dark devil doesn't seem to be liking the mix very well...kind of canoeing down and yellowing on the veins and tips of first leaf set. Then just kinda pale/fluorescent on new leaves. I really don't think it has to do with watering either. I had my 4 vero's up fairly high(maybe over half ~250-300w) so turned them down just a bit but kinda doubt that was the problem? Btw they are 15 days from sprout and growth is pretty stinking slow...and has a weak a$$ stem. Just curious if anyone has any suggestions! Thanks for your time.

Also wondering if the new site wipes the meta data and what not? Read something about that somewhere and don't want to post if its not "safe" lol. I'm still pretty new to the forums.

Welcome LaquerHead .... gonna call ya LH for short, good?

Yeah with AUTOs... I plant them from hardened off seedlings right into final container with a proper soil mix that will get them to harvest.

That said... after seedlings pop - they need to go into some soil that isn't very "hot".
Lots of times I put them in Solo cups with the old soil for a week or so until hardened off then into final containers. Sometimes I just go right into final containers and let em rip.

For AUTOs my final container is a #3 nursery pot (3 gal).

I usually have old some soil around that's been used a bunch and that's what I usually put seedlings into. CSPM is pretty acidic so sometimes the seedlings get hot feet in just compost + CSPM.

How old are the seedlings??

Seedlings don't need a lot of light... you can give them too much... I use 2 60w equivalent LED light bulbs 1 3K the other 4K... not a lot of light, once hardened off tho... full steam ahead with the VEROs. Start them out 1/2 power for a day or 2 so then turn em up.

Yeah so weak soil mix is good... I usually mess up with seedlings with too much or not enough water... fine line there for a week or so!

For metadata... can turn that off on your camera .... 420mag used to strip any of that out at upload but not sure if thats still a thing or not with the new website. Regardless I've turned it off on my camera and don't do any photo sharing stuff online either. I'm more concerned about uninvited guests showing up for weed more than anything else.

Welcome LaquerHead .... gonna call ya LH for short, good?

Yeah with AUTOs... I plant them from hardened off seedlings right into final container with a proper soil mix that will get them to harvest.

That said... after seedlings pop - they need to go into some soil that isn't very "hot".
Lots of times I put them in Solo cups with the old soil for a week or so until hardened off then into final containers. Sometimes I just go right into final containers and let em rip.

For AUTOs my final container is a #3 nursery pot (3 gal).

I usually have old some soil around that's been used a bunch and that's what I usually put seedlings into. CSPM is pretty acidic so sometimes the seedlings get hot feet in just compost + CSPM.

How old are the seedlings??

Seedlings don't need a lot of light... you can give them too much... I use 2 60w equivalent LED light bulbs 1 3K the other 4K... not a lot of light, once hardened off tho... full steam ahead with the VEROs. Start them out 1/2 power for a day or 2 so then turn em up.

Yeah so weak soil mix is good... I usually mess up with seedlings with too much or not enough water... fine line there for a week or so!

For metadata... can turn that off on your camera .... 420mag used to strip any of that out at upload but not sure if thats still a thing or not with the new website. Regardless I've turned it off on my camera and don't do any photo sharing stuff online either. I'm more concerned about uninvited guests showing up for weed more than anything else.

Sounds good to me! The DD is 15 days from sprout, I added very little neem and very little kelp to my initial 1/1/1 mix for the DD. I also started an LA Confidential and it is a little healthier, and I didn't add those 2 ingredients...BUT, it is also sorta trying to yellow/pale up on me if that makes sense. Its just not the lush green I would expect! I'm also going to add a little gypsum and tiny bit of lime on top to water in on my next watering as I didn't add a liming agent to begin with. Really didn't think id need one...? They aren't super bad off I just don't want them struggling during the most important stage of their life. And want to correct a problem before it gets out of hand if at all possible.

I know this isnt the correct place to ask this, but I've turned location and everything off, and uploaded a picture to my gallery (not sure how I figured out how to do that lol) so would it now be safe to post that picture? I'd like for people to maybe see what I'm talking about with the DD! You said you don't do photo sharing online...did you mean other than on this website?

Back
Top Bottom