Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

Great tip Van!!

I agree... I've been slacking/packing and trying to grow at the same time.

My wife cleans with vinegar and soap nuts. Not in the same bucket.... we tried it tho.

The clue to slacking on cleaning was my feet were sticking to the floor when I was in there re-arranging plants today. Thats not good. lol

Good news -

No more trouble

no more trouble.

Weed don't neeeeed

no more trouble.

Weed don't need trouble.

Gotta keep em green.

I might actually have a few pics to post tomorrow.

Weed turned a corner.

What about adding a mini split to the grow room, would that nix the RH spikes? In fact, I'm hoping the answer to that is yes because I installed a mini split, then went ahead and built my new room around it.

Yeah good thats perfect.

Wood do it here but we have something already in place at the new digs.

There's 2 air handlers running with geo-thermal. I've never seen any spikes or dips its, almost too controlled.

I kinda like the extremes for the plants but not for me so much. Getting older.

Hey man, sorry for the troubles. Have you ever tried sulphur?

Never but I know its a treatment. Like copper foliar.

I'm about to move. I'm just grinning and puffing.

edit:
And packing ... packing must pack.

Well its not easy if you aren't disciplined. Always easy to not do something if you don't make it a part of a schedule. I take my plants out of the tent for pictures regularly so its easy to clean the tents when I do that. Smoke a bowl....go down and have a blast for an hour.

I learned the hard way this past summer. I lost most all of my crop due to some funk (maybe the stuff Bob was talking about....no way to know for sure) and I wasn't vigilant during that time. I was going full bore on getting the new outdoor veggie garden going and then doing the irrigation system for it and then the fencing around it (its 55'x40' so its good sized) and just neglected the girls in the indoor garden. Lost a lot of really good strains and set me back big time. Vowed never again to let that happen. So...any time I am thinking "man I am tired, I don't fell like doing the cleaning today", I can just think back to what I felt like when I lost everything. Suddenly spraying my plants with their IPM or cleaning the tents isn't that big of an inconvenience. I do allow myself a day or two play one direction or the other....but thats it. After that, just get the shit done.

Thank you sir

Read the above. This is sage advice.

Obee-green-one Want-sum-beens sez 420 yeah u right.

Farming and slacking ....

"I'll fix the tractor tomorrow."

Try to avoid. ^^^^^^^^

Tractor stops = moves to #1.

Thank you sir

Read the above. This is sage advice.

Obee-green-one Want-sum-beens sez 420 yeah u right.

Farming and slacking ....

"I'll fix the tractor tomorrow."

Try to avoid. ^^^^^^^^

Tractor stops = moves to #1.
Yep....nothing glamorous about fixing a tractor when it ain't broke. Kinda like nothing glamorous about spraying plants when you ain't seen them little white dots on your leaves. But that tractor stops moving...or those little white dots appear, shit skyrockets to the top of the list man! Gotta get that stuff knocked out!

So just easier in the long run to do the PM than having to put out fires. Of course I have more time to dedicate to the ladies than most do. Course I don't really spend all that much time with them since its water only. No pH, no nute mixing.....guess that time saved is spent spraying and cleaning instead.

In all honesty, since I already take the plants out of the tents for pics, I can spray and wipe down the tent in 15 min. Doing that every week or two is no real big deal if it keeps the yuck away. Same with IPM sprays, though takes a bit more time to do than a tent cleaning if you have double digit plants. I would say on spray day....probably takes me two hours but thats with looking the plants over, cutting a few stray tops or leaves here or there and just checking them for general health. I could probably reduce it down to an hour if I just sprayed and nothing more.

If its not a water day, or an IPM day, I don't go near the tents. I might peak to make sure the lights are on when they are supposed to be and off when they are supposed to be off, but thats it. Less chance of me tracking stuff in that don't need to be around them. Lose your ass one good time and you learn a very painful lesson.....and only a fool makes that same mistake a second time.

You got any links on the wettable stuff?

You should find it in Amazon.

Have you actually used it for mites yourself? Or you read it somewhere. Would be nice if it works

Yes I did use it in veg. Works very well without repeated application. It’ll smell for a bit, but it’s not a problem if you give it time to go away.

.....guess that time saved is spent spraying and cleaning instead.

If its not a water day, or an IPM day, I don't go near the tents.

Cleanliness next to Godliness. its a thing specially for indoor gardening.

I bet 95% of plant issues are related to that and the other 5% is the Mg deficiency. lol

Just kidding on the Mg thing.

Now researching N mobility during senescence.

N: can come from leaves it turns out.

Nitrogen Resorption

Plants can move N around to different parts of the plant where its needed the most.

During late flower the plants source for N is Chlorophyll stored in the fan leaves. Not so much from the roots and soil (after stretch).

Was looking at this, as someone asked a question about N in flowering, is it needed?

For sure its needed but the plants already have it stored up in leaves for seed making. Root systems are slowing down nutrient uptake. This is a reason a lot of fertilizer companies ramp down N in the mix for flowering nutrients.

In soil the N is there and not soluble and will only be adsorbed by roots if the plant wants it (root exudate/microbes interaction).

Bro-science points the other direction. lol

I agree with @ilikemsticky in this case.

Now the new question is:

48 hours of darkness now makes my THC 30% higher??

This is good. lol

Drive-by

I was just at Pot Chimps place and he is dealing with some but rot I think. But it reminded me of this product that you might be kind of interested in a good read anyhow..

So I find a lot of sativas esp outdoor will drop the massive leaves in the mid summer. I don't take them off but the abundant sunshine provides more than enough sun. Then the new growth is usually all thin and razor like. They don't skip a beat. I've had issues before and if I'd defoliated my plants would have died from leaf drop. They will tell you what they want to do.

Defoliation seems to help my plants thrive with the quadline. It’s selective defoliation but it’s quite a bit. Not much after stretch unless the leaf is crispy or it’s directly blocking light from something that needs it...and tucking won’t work.

Back
Top Bottom