Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

@Skybound the vid is 4:20 seconds - its awesome thanks for posting.

Symbiosis! It's a beautiful thing.
Yes Sky...Good job. :thumb::thanks:

and that folks is why we compost. and we make Actively Aerated Compost Tea so the microscopic critters can go suck up those root exudates and the most wonderful thing happens. We grow cannabis.

Aspiring organic soil cultivators grow soil microbes and worms. They grow cannabis. :cheesygrinsmiley:

We are individual extensions of the One. This entire conversation plays into that truth.

Good reading and learnin’ going on over here. :ciao:

I need to dig out my ACT bucket and get it going. I think it's somewhere in a pile of stuff in the garage. oye... I saw it the other day. I'm sure I did.....

Aspiring organic soil cultivators grow soil microbes and worms. They grow cannabis. :cheesygrinsmiley:

We are individual extensions of the One. This entire conversation plays into that truth.

You know we hoo-mans eovolved from worms, or maybe its DE-volved something or another. We are worms ... lol some of use with bigger mouths and some of us with bigger brains and some with neither.

Hey sweet sue . Happy holidays lady :passitleft::420::green_heart:

You know we hoo-mans eovolved from worms, or maybe its DE-volved something or another. We are worms ... lol some of use with bigger mouths and some of us with bigger brains and some with neither.
Shit I'm screwed then lol

Good laugh !:rofl:

Not much happening here in the flower room. Soon tho.

Popped some more beans this week.

In the nursery we have:

Jellium from seed - 6 fems and 6 seedlings going.
Looks like I got another Jellium mutant with 3 first set of true leaves instead 2. Last run the mutant was the keeper. Hard to believe but tru.

Black Cherry Pie Bx - 1 of 2 from seed the other is a runt and not really growing.
Garlic Sherbert - 3 fem seeds have 3 seedlings going.

Buffalato - 5 seeds and have 5 seeds with tails now waiting for them to jump out and get going.

Buffalato = Platinum Buffalo x Dolato

VEG we have:

Future - clone just got roots last week and in soil now

DT #15 - was my mother plant for the last year or so. Cut her down enough for transport and she's back up and going and already have cuts taken. Dubt she will ever see the flower lighting. She was cut so far back its not even funny but those Durban genetics are hard to beat.

Liquid Imagination - clone from Philly she's ready for flowering.

HB Haze - culled - was soo bushy and went in there on her to thin out and found signs of mite damage - nothing living because I've been doing IPM regular but I'm not messing with mites here if I can help it so culled into a trash bag and outside she went. Done Then did a proper clean up in the VEG closet.

Got gifted 2 cuts from a friend. Thank you very much. :circle-of-love:

A5 Haze
Slurricane

These 2 clones have roots and are in the newly cleaned out VEG closet and I've changed out lighting in VEG to a 4K 260w QB V2 kit I've been using but had to unpack it for the new space. It's up and running. I was using 3K COB along with in a larger space in Philly but smaller VEG room (for now) so only enough room for QB kit.

I have room in the closet for about 6 -8 VEG plants as long as they don't get too large.

Hooked up a temp RO filter so I'm going to be lugging water for a few weeks until I hook up a permanent water supply. I've been using straight well water but I can see it's got a lot of minerals and they already have built up residues in my reservoir so long term those minerals will build up in my soil containers. I got 250ppms of something I have no idea of what they are OR the pH of the well water.

So executive decision = go to RO ftw.

A little more work but peace of mind worth price paid.

Plants in flower:

HB Haze - 2 plants
Future -1 plant
Liquid Imagination - 2 plants

PIC bomb

First pic here is the Jellium trillium mutant seedling. Hope she makes it.

VERY early and I am fully capable of killing these off without even trying.

Plants all look sorta ruff. It's been a bit of a struggle to get everything dialed back in but we are own our way.

RO filter back up and running so that should help with funky growth (fingers crossed).

Plants all look sorta ruff. It's been a bit of a struggle to get everything dialed back in but we are own our way.

RO filter back up and running so that should help with funky growth (fingers crossed).
looks good considering the move and all your back in business brother you always have desirable things going on just to mention you might want to add some calmag to that r/o water! :)

All is beginning to look proper.
I've been doing IPM regular but I'm not messing with mites here if I can help it so culled into a trash bag and outside she went. Done Then did a proper clean up in the VEG closet.
Good job. I hope to never see the muddafuks again.

Liquid Imagination #2 is looking nice to me. :thumb:

I never liked mutants, but if it’s good weed that’s a winning argument. Glad your new setup works well

looks good considering the move and all your back in business brother you always have desirable things going on just to mention you might want to add some calmag to that r/o water! :)

Hey Sticky thanks for the encouraging words.

I was worrying about the well water having too much C and Mg. The soil and rocks around here are made up of a version of Dolomite = Ca/Mg. There was something in the water that just didn't really seem like it was working for the plants.

I did a ppm EC test and 280ppm is like a light feeding. I doubt I could just keep going with it like that for very long.

Cant say for sure but we will get on with the RO water and see what happens.

My plants always look like they need cal/mag. I'm not sure why. Maybe my soil pH has crept up too high over time. Last summer it was tested at 7.0pH. It started out around 6.1pH a few years ago when I mixed up the soil.

As we add soil organic matter and the microbes break that down, that increases soil pH but as long as its close to or below 7pH we should be good.

I have elemental sulfur in case I need to lower pH but I'm betting the well water pH is lowish.. sulfur in the water is a thing around here. We don't have a lot of it but straight out of the well its got a very slightly noticeable smell.

Bob, if you're gonna make RO, do yourself the favor and get a Home Depot Whole House 1 stage filter for $30 or your RO unit will need frequent filter changes. Plus also, all of that calcium will cake up the electrodes in your hot water heater. It's best to have a cheap sediment filter right at the beginning, as soon as it comes into your house as that'll greatly reduce the wear of down stream appliances and faucets etc. Then you just swap out the filter every 3 months and your RO unit won't have to work as hard.

Thanks Sky good advice. I have a whole house filter and water softener so the plumbing is getting a break.

My wife and I have spent a good deal of time replacing faucets and some plumbing so I hear what yer saying for sure.

I've got an ro filter going with a single stage filter on the front end pulling water from the well pump outlet.

The girls are greening up and things are getting going.

20200111_133413.jpg

20200111_133124.jpg

Did you lose a reflector from the rear COB? The girls look nice now! I see she's got a lot of 3 fingered leaves.

Back
Top Bottom