Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

Did you lose a reflector from the rear COB?
I noticed the other day that Timber no longer makes the reflectors available with their lights. I wonder if that has anything to do with Trump's tariff?

That plant does look nice Bob. You'll have produce in no time.

I noticed the other day that Timber no longer makes the reflectors available with their lights. I wonder if that has anything to do with Trump's tariff?

That plant does look nice Bob. You'll have produce in no time.

Are timber lights made in another country? IDK. I do know that RapidLED no longer carries Vero LEDs, and I think Bob also uses Very 29s. If that's the case, I have 2 COBs I'm not using so also 2 reflectors, though my reflectors are self designed and printed, so it's no thing to part with them as I can make more down the line if I ever need to use those 2 COBs.

Thanks Sky good advice. I have a whole house filter and water softener so the plumbing is getting a break.

My wife and I have spent a good deal of time replacing faucets and some plumbing so I hear what yer saying for sure.

I've got an ro filter going with a single stage filter on the front end pulling water from the well pump outlet.

The girls are greening up and things are getting going.

20200111_133413.jpg

20200111_133124.jpg
frosting and praying looks good to me! :)

Did you lose a reflector from the rear COB? The girls look nice now! I see she's got a lot of 3 fingered leaves.

Lol yeah I broke it when I took the lamps down for the move. Turned out they were melting anyways. I think they are recommending to NOT use them for the heat thing. I don't care I'm using them anyway.

3 fingered leaves - this plant isn't growing anything other than 3 fingered leaves for some reason. It's a clone and its been beat up pretty good as a young'in. She's growing and drinking lots of water. I hope she turns out good. The weed I've had from her mother was beyond top shelf.

Here's some pics of my seed starting

I use 10 ml peroxide in 90 ml of RO water to sprout tails then I put the seeds with tails into peat pellets.

Turns out seed dormancy and h2o2 go hand in hand. Seeds actually make their own h2o2 inside the seed to germinate. So we can use it to help start the seeds as well. I started using it to kill pathogens from human handling but I read some science that it actually will help seeds germinate as well.

Soak them for 24-48 hrs and I get tails.
Then its all up to me to mess them up after. I'm 14 for 14 so far with 2 runts and 1 polyploid. Not sure what I'm going to do with the runts. After 2 weeks they still only have 1 set of leaves and are not growing.

The reflectors can be purchased separately along with the holder they clip into.

I had to print the bases with a higher temp filament because PLA melted on me and almost lit up. All my bases now are PETG which is comparable to ABS which can maintain their shape at the higher temps. At any rate, I have a pair not in use, so if you need them, PM me.

urns out seed dormancy and h2o2 go hand in hand. Seeds actually make their own h2o2 inside the seed to germinate. So we can use it to help start the seeds as well. I started using it to kill pathogens from human handling but I read some science that it actually will help seeds germinate as well.

Far out, I use the h2o2 to clean out my shot glass before I drop, my world gets dirty with city dust, gets everywhere.
h2o2 good stuff, I will try to use it a little more next sprouting session.

Keeping the H202 theme going a little longer. About 2 summers ago I had a plant that was just "funky" for lack of a more intelligent description. This was a clone off a plant I was flowering inside. The clone was spending it's time outdoors, was well adjusted to the sun, and was about a foot tall. So not a little baby plant. Anyway, she went from looking really pretty and strong with her leaves raised to the sun to droopy and sad looking. This whole process took less then a week for me to start noticing it. Being new to growing I went into guess mode and started on my mental checklist of possible causes. I knew she wasn't over or under watered. I knew she was receiving the proper amount of nutrients. I didn't see any pests on her leaves other then the normal garden variety which I dismiss. So I thought maybe there is something going on in the soil? Maybe something has invaded it? At the time pretty much my only weapon against pests was peroxide and water so I mixed up a gallon at a 1:3 ratio of peroxide/water. I waited till the next day (her regular day to be fed) and watered her with the peroxide water. Being outside in a small pot she was being watered about every day. I quickly noted that she was starting to look happy again and began to wonder.

Did I kill pests that may have been attacking her roots using the peroxide water?
Second thought I had was could the medium be too tightly packed and she's not getting enough O2 and the peroxide water is giving her the needed O2? In the end she was back to normal and I went back to watering/feeding her as normal and she continued to grow healthy and happy.

H2O2 I concluded is good for Cannabis plants.

H2O2 I concluded is good for Cannabis plants.
There is a picture somewhere on this site that shows a plant being drenched in a tub of water with H2O2. The poor thing had been over watered and roots were being oxygenated with the solution it was sitting in.

Concerning the reflectors, can't find the link now but running without reflectors is better on the cobs. I removed mine and got a better spread on them. It could be why Timber stopped using them.

Thanks Mac - I only used mine because I didn't like the light shining in my eyes when I went into the flower room. They were melting the base with the tabs that hold the reflectors.

Hot enough they sorta melted the base and when I took the reflectors off, many of the tabs that held the reflectors just snapped off. Many of the bases are deformed from heat as well.

I might have missed it. But what strain are those last 5 seeds you put into peat pucks? @bobrown14

Buffalato

Out of those 5 I have 1 runt.

I have 1 runt of Garlic Sherbert of the 3.

I also have a polyploid Jellium - which I had 1 of the last time I grew from seed which turned into the keeper after I cloned it. This one tho not looking as promising. She may not make it to VEG.

Thanks Mac - I only used mine because I didn't like the light shining in my eyes when I went into the flower room. They were melting the base with the tabs that hold the reflectors.

Hot enough they sorta melted the base and when I took the reflectors off, many of the tabs that held the reflectors just snapped off. Many of the bases are deformed from heat as well.

Buffalato

Out of those 5 I have 1 runt.

I have 1 runt of Garlic Sherbert of the 3.

I also have a polyploid Jellium - which I had 1 of the last time I grew from seed which turned into the keeper after I cloned it. This one tho not looking as promising. She may not make it to VEG.
Doesn't h202 kill beneficial bacteria and take away or kill microbes?

Yes it will. Why I put it in the water when popping seeds. To remove pathogens from hoo-man hands while handling seed.

Dont even wanna figure that one out.

I found there's actual science the seeds make their own h2o2 inside the seed to break the dormancy when the seed starts germination process.

Which is pretty cool.

"The imbibition of pea seeds with hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) increased the germination as well as the seedling growth, producing an invigoration of the seeds. We propose that H2O2 could acts as signaling molecule in the beginning of seed germination involving specific changes at proteomic, transcriptomic and hormonal levels. These findings have practical implication in the context of seed priming technologies to invigorate low vigour seeds."

Full article here - and there are many on this subject.

Role of H2O2 in pea seed germination

Yeah Woody I've been thinking about doing that since I let my soil sit for a few months while moving. I did an ACT which helped a great deal. I always add mycos to the hole at up can too.

I've never added it to water and watered in. I'll try it tonight and see. I need something to get these girls growing proper.

I'm struggling with the clones I brought with me. Something ain't right. Similar to what Stank had going last year and instead of cull and start over I'm a freaking rock head and think I can beat whatever it is.... I'm slowly loosing I think but plan B already in place.

I actually have a pack of actinovate. I had it in my hot little hand the other day and was thinking hard about using it.

Thanks for the tip - I'm on it.

Back
Top Bottom