Cotyledon Growing Upward?

JuicyK404

Hello 420 magazine world!

Not sure if this is a problem or if I'm just worrying too much but I have a seedling at 4 days old and the cotyledon are growing up toward the light. This morning they were fine and by the end of the day it looks like this now and not sure if the light is too intense or not.

IMG_080341.JPG

IMG_080235.JPG

I am using:

Advanced LED XML 350 at 18/6 light cycle with the red/blue lights all the way up and the white lights at 1/2 strength and 30 inches above the seedling top.

Soil is a mix of 3 gallons of sunshine mix #4, 1 gallon of FFOF, 1 1/2 gallon perlite, 1/2 cup granulated mixed mychoirrizial inoculate in a 1 liter pot.

Temp ranges from 70-75f and RH from 40-50% with air going through carbon scrubber and exhausted out of the room.

Watering with regular RO water and only gave it a super small splash when I put the seed in the soil

I have contacted the manufacturer and have gotten 3 different answers the 3 times I called them. Can't really find a guide to light height and intensity through the life of a plant with this model. Any input would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Thanks in advance

Looks absolutely perfect at this point. Pointing up towards the light just tells you she's loving the light and sucking it in. Try to get your temps up a little. 78-80 at the seedling would be good enough. Also try to get your rh up a bit too. At 78-80 degrees if you could hit 55% and keep it there you will be rockin.

XML 350 you say.... Those 10 watt Crees in there. Keep 24"-30" from seedling and you will be just fine.

lol thanks. I knew I was trippin
You think I should have the light on full blast or keep it like I already have it. Will definitely watch the light height though.
I will take pictures daily and post a grow journal also.
BTW its Rare Dankness Rug Burn OG, said it was a good strain for inexperienced growers.
Thanks for the quick response I really appreciate it!

lol thanks. I knew I was trippin
You think I should have the light on full blast or keep it like I already have it. Will definitely watch the light height though.
I will take pictures daily and post a grow journal also.
BTW its Rare Dankness Rug Burn OG, said it was a good strain for inexperienced growers.
Thanks for the quick response I really appreciate it!
I would run it without the 10w chips. They arent using too much light that young. Shes not stretched so I would keep it just the way it is.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thank you for re-assuring my seedling isn't about to die lol and for pointing me in the right direction on how to use my light. Your quick response are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for re-assuring my seedling isn't about to die lol and for pointing me in the right direction on how to use my light. Your quick response are greatly appreciated.
No problem. Keep it up!

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I turned the light up to full blast and she definitely flattened out so she must be loving the light lol. Still 30 inches from the top and starting to see new growth from the new top. raised the temp to about 76.8-77.4 f and RH is 49-52%. Hope this helps new growers with this light to get a solid start. Pretty sure this thread is done.

Thanks again for your solid/quick help,
JuicyK404

unnamed-16.jpg
unnamed66.jpg

Back
Top Bottom