Cotyledon's stuck together on new seedling?

jokerlola

One of my newly popped auto seedlings appears to have the cotyledons stuck together. The seed shell does not appear to still be there but it’s hard to tell. How should I proceed?

IMG_4213.jpeg

IMG_4212.jpeg

IMG_4211.jpeg

As mentioned by all above. It's a piece of the membrane left over from when the shell fell off. As mentioned a drop of water can soften the tissue. I have had this happen numerous times. Once I waited, and the piece just hardened up and was harder to remove which resulted in minimal damage. It is possible to remove carefully.

So glad you posted this. I have an irresistible urge to remove a helmet head. I've done that now, well I loosened it and thought I'd give the sprout a chance to shed it, but the membrane is still attached in the way of your pic.

All real good advice, I have on multiple occasions put a little clear dome over the lil gal after spraying a lil water on her. I use a clear cut off solo cup with a breathing hole in top of dome. Must check often though or risk of damping off, works well on them tuff ones.happy growing.
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom