Could someone please help me in identifying this problem?

Mdwstgrntech

Hello everyone, I posted this by accident in another area;
image6242.jpg

I'm a new member looking for some help. I'm new to hydro and familiar with soil grows, but being new to this style of grow (DWC), I'm expecting to run into problems, and this is the first.

DWC
End of the 3rd wk in Veg
Air temp 72-74
Res temp 68-70
Lights are just t8's (this could be part of my problem) I germinated under t8's. I've continued the use of this light as growth (both foliage and root) has continued with noticeable results daily. I have a 400mh for veg that I have not moved too yet.
Nutes are GH
Wk. 2- 700ppm
Wk 3 - 505 ppm (cut back nutes when I first noticed this)
I'm not using RO but shortboy filtered (CC filter) that starts at 60-70ppm. I add cal/mg to about 250-270ppm. Then add GH trio till I'm at approx 500ppm.
2ml rapid start / 5gal
2ml Drip Clean / 5gal
5 drops Superthrive (5gal h20)
Humidity is lower than 40% also, which could contribute to the problem perhaps

I found a problem with an Hm ph pen I was using. It was a full point off it seems; 6.0 really equaled 7.0 = bad news.
Bought a new bluelab. One plant, the new growth is back to normal, on this one here (hopefully the picture has attached) its new growth continues to be mutated or burnt off. I can't imagine it's nute burn, there are no other signs. But I really have no idea.

I'm inclined to think that it a ph problem, a ph fluctuation problem - although there are no other classic signs of a ph fluctuation, a light problem, or combination of them all. Can anyone tell me if I'm in the right track or waaaay off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you much. Best regards.

that looks just like a fim (fudge i missed)
i have no experience with dwc so no advice but i bump your post so a veteran may see
hope it turns out well
take care and good luck

Actually, now looking at new growth, its great at this time. They've been drinking equal H2O/nutes for a couple weeks. Everything is near ideal. I did FIM there, yes. But my confusion was caused by the fact tgat when I FIM (which failed) it continued to grow normally. The symmetrical-ness of the cut back leaves is the 'duh, me' part. But with that said, the next set of leaves also came it a little chopped too. I thought that was entirely new growth, but most likely they were 'just barely' coming in and I clipped those too, resulting in a couple sets of leaves, in two consecutive nodes, that look funny. What a newb move. Lol.

I'm moving them under a 400 for a 2-3 weeks today, then to a 6 for flower.

I appreciate everyone's help. I can only imagine the he redundancy of questions like this must be exhausting. But I'm grateful for those that have taken the time to help out. Thx much!!

Back
Top Bottom