:cheer::cheer::cheer:
Greetings friends and welcome to my
Christmas Auto Grow

Watching my friends set up their demo grows has got me all excited. I decided that I would sprout some seeds and get going so that I can harvest a couple of auto-flowering plants in late Feb 2023.

I decided to go with what I have in stock, which is a second Caramel King, and a second NBA Diesel. Remember the last attempt to pop the NBA Diesel seed didn't work, well I am hoping this seed is viable.

I will be growing in craft cannabis soil, in cloth pots, on a table top next to a window. I will use the same light again, with the same setup as last time.

1670592436411.png

AUTO NBA DIESEL

50% SATIVA – 30% INDICA – 20% RUDERALIS

THC: 13-17% CBD: N/A CBN: N/A

GENETICS

NBA Diesel x Ruderalis

FLAVOUR

Auto NBA Diesel has a spicy flavour and aroma, with notes of exotic fruit, earth, pine wood and Diesel.

EFFECTS

The effect is powerful, long-lasting and rather physical. Diesel lovers will certainly enjoy this Autoflowering cannabis seed.

FLOWERING INDOOR

9-10 weeks flowering time with a yield up to 500 g/m². Can be flowered at any photoperiod between 12 and 18 hours of light per day. 11-12 weeks total crop time.

This strain is a hybrid of the classic New York City Diesel crossed with the awesome Lowryder #2. Like all the newer Autoflowering hybrids, it has an improved yield and better flavour compared to many of the original Autoflowering strains.

:cheer:

AUTO CARAMEL KING

5% SATIVA – 75% INDICA – 20% RUDERALIS

THC: 20% CBD: 1,6% CBN: N/A

GENETICS

Caramel King x Ruderalis

FLAVOUR

Auto Caramel King has a sweet flavour and aroma, with notes of caramel.

EFFECTS

Fast hitter, it has a very relaxing body-stoned effect.

FLOWERING INDOOR

8-9 weeks flowering time with a yield up to 450-600 g/m². Can be flowered at any photoperiod between 12 and 18 hours of light per day. 10-11 weeks total crop time.

Our three-way crossbreed of Blue Black x Maple Leaf Indica x White Rhino was grown on a large scale. One particularly heavy yielding specimen was chosen out of many and we crossed it with an Autoflowering Northern Lights hybrid. The results are very interesting plants with a superior character. They have a good yield of big sized buds and a medium height. Due to the dense flowers plants can be susceptible to mold but if grown early enough in the season, there will be no problems. Recommended for beginners and experienced growers.

My fabulous craft soil (Orgasoilux) has the following amendments to it:
Capacity30L
InoculantCannabis Microbial Consortium
BlendCompost, Vermi-compost, Coco peat, Sphagnum peat moss (sustainably harvested) and perlite
IngredientsAlfalfa meal
Aloe meal
Basalt Rock Dust
Bio-Char (preloaded with microbes)
Canna-kashi
Calcitic Lime
Copper Powder
Dolomite Lime
Guano (sea-bird)
Gypsum
Humic Acid
Fulvic Acid
Frass
Kelp Meal
Malted Barley
Manganese Oxide
Montmorillonite Clay
Soft Rock Phosphate
Zeolite

The seeds went into CD covers today so that they grow beautiful straight tap roots that point downwards. I don't soak them before I put them into the paper towel. The CD covers are upright in a cupboard in the dark, preparing to sprout perfect little weed babies.

DSC_0655.jpg

Thank you for popping in and I hope you stick around for some fun growing stuff!​

Thank you Shed :)
O.M.G!

Its a Xmas miracle 👼🎅(ok maybe too far, but still!)

Lets go Carmen! Im in.

Saving you a seat @Trala .
So glad you are here Deev, thank you :)
Wait. What?!??

I thought you had visitors and couldn't grow? I'm psyched to see you getting another round in.

:popcorn:
Azi :) Thank you. Yes sort of. I am away for a week this month but I feel confident that they will survive if not thrive in a week without interference if I water properly before I go. I have family here early next year but I worked out that I could get a harvest in before they arrive.

O.M.G!

Its a Xmas miracle 👼🎅(ok maybe too far, but still!)

Lets go Carmen! Im in.

Saving you a seat @Trala .
Thanks Deeve :)

It is a Christmas miracle! Let me just slip into something to celebrate the occasion…

CB93C23E-C6B2-48A5-94C1-BF9D70283C7C.jpeg

Thanks Deeve :)

It is a Christmas miracle! Let me just slip into something to celebrate the occasion…

CB93C23E-C6B2-48A5-94C1-BF9D70283C7C.jpeg
Oi Oi Oi!
Hey Tra. When I grin like I am now I hear these words "big smiling"! :)

Everybody...

Joyful all ye on 420 rise
Join the triumph of the times
With angelic host proclaim
"Carmen is gow-ing aggggaiiiinn"

Just beautiful.
Thank you Deev, it's so awesome to have my growmies from around the globe keeping me company :circle-of-love: You said it yourself, good eggs :)

You've got me on a caroling ear worm now... time to put on the holiday season playlist!

@Jon Watering A Seedling

Jon put together these instructions and I am putting them together in a simple tutorial.

1. "Start with the pot DRY as a bone.
  2. Wet with water/FF Microbe Brew/Kelp Me Kelp You the central column of the pot to runoff. I let the edges stay dry, there's no reason to wet them at this point. Just the central column about as wide as a nute bottle is wet to the bottom.
  3. Used my finger to make a divot in the middle of the soil about nail deep.
  4. Used a skewer point to make a "hole within a hole," smaller than the divot, for the tap root to go into.
  5. Coated wet hole with Great White. I'm out of DYNOMYCO or I'd use that too.
  6. Dropped sprout in hole.
  7. Used skewer point to manipulate tap root down into smaller hole with seed coat at the top of skewer hole so only the seed coat is exposed.
  8. Covered the divot/sprout with medium, making sure the dirt I use to cover the seedling doesn't have pieces of bark and crap in it, just light soil for her to come up through.
  9. THAT IS IT. I DID NOT WATER ON TOP AFTER PUTTING DIRT OVER THE SEEDLING. THE MEDIUM IS ALREADY SOAKED FROM THE TAP ROOT DOWN.
  10. So all I did was, with a spray bottle and the nozzle set so it comes out NOT in a stream, but in a cylindrical shower (I guess the "spray" setting, not sure, just not stream), I gave the top center, where the sprout is, 8 pulls on the spray bottle. With the nozzle set to spray or whatever, this is the same thing as a very small rain falling on the area and doesn't really get anything too wet per se, but keeps the soil where the seed head is under the dirt wet, as that is what has dried out from the light / sun. I'll repeat this spritzing anytime it dries out like that till she comes up. The important part is to just give it 8-10 pulls on the trigger. That barely amounts to a tbsp. of water.
  11. The sun completely dried out the pot again: remember all it had to dry was the few sprays from the spray bottle. Whenever it’s dry, repeat that 10-15 spray shower: remember also that this shower falls all around the emerging head. Not right down the middle: just enough to keep her going. Right now I have found more sprays of less each time for s better. Spray dry spray dry: that’s it.
  12. A couple of days later - Maybe ten pulls wide in the morning. When it’s dry (maybe 2-3 pm) maybe 5-6 pulls right down the center tap root. Twice a day should be enough right now. First spray wide like a shower, second spray streamed right down the tap root in the center. Alternate as the medium dries whatever that speed is for your medium and environment.
  13. Day 5, we begin watering only to the outside using the moat method. We are NOT yet watering to runoff and you may ask why not. Why not is…why would you? All that will do is get the soil wet where the roots aren’t even close yet and won’t get to before it dries. Use a pipette to water the moat for now. At 2 weeks, water to run-off.

When the plant has two sets of leaves (true leaves) you start watering to runoff but still down the edges. At transplant you put it in the new pot and wet the medium to meld the two dirts together where the roots are."

Thank you @Jon for agreeing for me to post these instructions here :)

:ciao: Looking forward to watching this winter grow!
Hey Boo :) So nice to see you, and I look forward to trying to do a grow following your topping and training examples!
It's summer now in South Africa where I am, so I am hoping with better temperatures and less humidity I can pull of better bud than the first auto grow.

That’s awesome! You likely will. Are you able to get them outside too?
I hope so, thanks :) My garden is exposed so the risks would outweigh the benefits.

@Jon Watering A Seedling

Jon put together these instructions and I am putting them together in a simple tutorial.

1. "Start with the pot DRY as a bone.
  2. Wet with water/FF Microbe Brew/Kelp Me Kelp You the central column of the pot to runoff. I let the edges stay dry, there's no reason to wet them at this point. Just the central column about as wide as a nute bottle is wet to the bottom.
  3. Used my finger to make a divot in the middle of the soil about nail deep.
  4. Used a skewer point to make a "hole within a hole," smaller than the divot, for the tap root to go into.
  5. Coated wet hole with Great White. I'm out of DYNOMYCO or I'd use that too.
  6. Dropped sprout in hole.
  7. Used skewer point to manipulate tap root down into smaller hole with seed coat at the top of skewer hole so only the seed coat is exposed.
  8. Covered the divot/sprout with medium, making sure the dirt I use to cover the seedling doesn't have pieces of bark and crap in it, just light soil for her to come up through.
  9. THAT IS IT. I DID NOT WATER ON TOP AFTER PUTTING DIRT OVER THE SEEDLING. THE MEDIUM IS ALREADY SOAKED FROM THE TAP ROOT DOWN.
  10. So all I did was, with a spray bottle and the nozzle set so it comes out NOT in a stream, but in a cylindrical shower (I guess the "spray" setting, not sure, just not stream), I gave the top center, where the sprout is, 8 pulls on the spray bottle. With the nozzle set to spray or whatever, this is the same thing as a very small rain falling on the area and doesn't really get anything too wet per se, but keeps the soil where the seed head is under the dirt wet, as that is what has dried out from the light / sun. I'll repeat this spritzing anytime it dries out like that till she comes up. The important part is to just give it 8-10 pulls on the trigger. That barely amounts to a tbsp. of water.
  11. The sun completely dried out the pot again: remember all it had to dry was the few sprays from the spray bottle. Whenever it’s dry, repeat that 10-15 spray shower: remember also that this shower falls all around the emerging head. Not right down the middle: just enough to keep her going. Right now I have found more sprays of less each time for s better. Spray dry spray dry: that’s it.
  12. A couple of days later - Maybe ten pulls wide in the morning. When it’s dry (maybe 2-3 pm) maybe 5-6 pulls right down the center tap root. Twice a day should be enough right now. First spray wide like a shower, second spray streamed right down the tap root in the center. Alternate as the medium dries whatever that speed is for your medium and environment.
  13. Day 5, we begin watering only to the outside using the moat method. We are NOT yet watering to runoff and you may ask why not. Why not is…why would you? All that will do is get the soil wet where the roots aren’t even close yet and won’t get to before it dries. Use a pipette to water the moat for now. At 2 weeks, water to run-off.

When the plant has two sets of leaves (true leaves) you start watering to runoff but still down the edges. At transplant you put it in the new pot and wet the medium to meld the two dirts together where the roots are."

Thank you @Jon for agreeing for me to post these instructions here :)
Here’s my technique in case you want it for future trials.

1. Fill my pot with dirt
2. Plant seed
3. Waterboard

L O L L I N G !

Good morning Carm :)

Is it not legal there?
Morning TraTra :)
It is legal but the crime here is mad and even though I am behind an electric fence and in a cluster of apartments that are walled in, someone came in the dead of night and stole my next door neighbor's garden umbrella. The weed would likely attract the attention of tweakers and be gone before harvest. Another possibility is that neighbors may complain about the smell. I just prefer to keep it on the low down.

Back
Top Bottom