Counting flower days from?

animal1x

Noobie question, but when you say you are x many days into flower, when do you start counting the days? From the first day of 12/12, or from the first showing of pistils?

Animal

I count mine after a dime size pistil appeared. The first week or two after the flip is mostly stretching, although they are part of the flowering days, to me they have not yet flowered. I've harvest early a few times going by the day it was flipped until I adjust my calculation based on the pistils instead. Remember to keep in mind that if your grow room is not optimal you may need to go 1-2 weeks extra, and also the seed banks (not all) likes to advertise shorter flowering days, it's more appealing to say flower finish at 8 weeks instead of 10 weeks...

I always count the days but let the bud tell me (by look) when its ready.biggest mistake most growers make is cutting to soon!

Thanks guys. I may have been getting a little anxious. 10 weeks from the flip would have just been on Jan 1st, and from the first show of pistils I'm right at about 9 weeks. So if they're ready sometime next week that will be around 10 weeks from first show of pistils. I do understand what you mean about letting the bud tell you when it's ready. I'm starting to see quite a few cloudy trichs on some nugs, not quite as many on others, and only one or two amber ones that I couldn't find again this morning LOL, so I'm thinkin' I'm probably still at least a week away. At least I got my flush timed about right. I watered with just straight PH adjusted 02 for the first time on the 30th.

I haven't updated in a couple of weeks, but you can check out my grow journal if you want. I know it's time for an update. I was thinking (more like hoping) my update would be a pic or two of some plants upside down and hanging by this time, but ya know what they say about "the best laid plans of mice and men"!! I'll get around here in the next day or two and post a couple more pictures.

Thanks again, guys.

Animal

Animal1x's First Indoor Grow

get you a scope. I use flowering time as a guide line as to when I better start watching my trichs. when they turn from clear to milky and just starting to turn amber its time. My best advice would be you have a PC google anything you want to know.AS for your trichs that is to eaches own. So how you want your smoke.
RESEARCH
RESEARCH
RESEARCH
RESEARCH
And RESEARCH some more.
Do your home work

Back
Top Bottom