Couple of questions cloning & seeds related

halpasumnor

So was just wondering if anyone has used one of those King aero cloners? I have cloned with a homemade wick cloner, and cloned straight into Jiffy pellets as well. My issue is I would like to get my success rate up and at the same time having as minimal an impact on my time as possible.

Second is possible to let a plant commit incest? LOL Need to stop buying seeds except for new strains. Wondering if I can use some Colloidal silver on part of a plant to get it to pollenate itself?

Thanks in advance everyone

re: Couple of questions cloning & seeds related

So was just wondering if anyone has used one of those King aero cloners? I have cloned with a homemade wick cloner, and cloned straight into Jiffy pellets as well. My issue is I would like to get my success rate up and at the same time having as minimal an impact on my time as possible.

Second is possible to let a plant commit incest? LOL Need to stop buying seeds except for new strains. Wondering if I can use some Colloidal silver on part of a plant to get it to pollenate itself?

Thanks in advance everyone
Is this the type of aero cloner you are looking for?

174e87d7dfcc3503e499ec677f7cd24b.jpg

aadffc6e8d8afbf10c3819e5b1f8f2e5.jpg

We just started using it on Saturday and don't know of our results as of yet. But like you, we have done it straight into soil and in to rapid rooters.

As for the colloidal silver, we just finished up a run using that to cross a dark devil Auto with a carnival. Just started germination on those seeds to continue on with the stabilizing of the strain. To get away from the colloidal silver and to use what the professional breeders use, we are switching to silver thiosulfate. It's where you have silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate and mix them together with RO water. Spray it 3 times and you have pollen sacs vs. Colloidal silver that we had to spray for 3 weeks multiple times a day. We were successful and got a couple hundred seeds. The choice is yours. If you want the recipe for that, I have it blogged.

As for doing a branch you can do that to get pollen, but we just used a clone for the adventure. Hope this helps.

Oh, and welcome to :420: :welcome: :passitleft:

Personally I put my clones in soil and a solo cup. I dip in rooting hormone powder, a little bit of water and, foliar feed with Superthrive. Put in some kind of dome to retain high humidity and 6 days later I have roots and new growth. Costs me less then ten dollars. To each their own.

Anyone care to recommend Colloidal Silver that Amazon carries?
That's where we got ours. As long as you can dilute it down to around 50 ppm you are good. We used 40 ounces of solution and ended up with 48 ppm. Used 240 ppm colloidal silver.

Thanks Nismo, I would definitely be interested in the other stuff if the results are better for sure. Pretty similar to the aero closers I was looking at. I will look for your blog post regarding the silver stuff. I appreciate the info very much. While my other grows have all been fairly good there has been much luck involved. Really just decided to get a little more serious to see what I can actually accomplish. Thanks for the welcome as this is a fantastic site. My environment for the first time is pretty close to ideal and the results are already showing and more st of this was gotten right off of 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom