Almightybeck

This is my first grow so these are serious questions. Looking for a good grow!

1. i have 2 gallon pots, any chance anyone has used them before and can tell me an approx. yield? what about 3 gallon?

2. how early can i tell if my plant is a male or female and how do i tell?

3. how do i tell if its a sativa or indica in early stages? if possible or when would i be able to tell?

4. i have some 8-4-2 fertilizer for the flowering stage, good? and some 6-9-6 for budding stage

5. opinions on topping?, i gotta keep it short but i wanna know how short

6. what are some do's and dont's that can help me out?

Any help is very appreciated!

Welcome to 4:20 magazine.....This is a good read How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know As for your questions
1) Pot size, bigger the root bigger the fruit. No one will give an estimated yield...too many factors
2) Male plants will produce little balls during flower, female plants produce little white hairs, time will vary as to how early to tell, but for sure 10-14 days into flower. or buy feminized seeds higher chance of female
3) Buy feminized seeds and pic what you want.. most stuff is a hybrid these days. bigger wider leaves tends to be indica, skinnier leaves more sativa
4) Not sure on how ferilizer numbers work, I use a 3 part and use a recipe and its in hydro.
5) Pinch it when you want vertical height to slow down. Usually 4th node, then again if its starting to get tall. It will double in height in flower though
6) Do's and don't.... dont over water, dont over fertilize, dont over stress it. They are resilient plants it will probably bounce back.

Welcome to 4:20 magazine.....This is a good read How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know As for your questions
1) Pot size, bigger the root bigger the fruit. No one will give an estimated yield...too many factors
2) Male plants will produce little balls during flower, female plants produce little white hairs, time will vary as to how early to tell, but for sure 10-14 days into flower. or buy feminized seeds higher chance of female
3) Buy feminized seeds and pic what you want.. most stuff is a hybrid these days. bigger wider leaves tends to be indica, skinnier leaves more sativa
4) Not sure on how ferilizer numbers work, I use a 3 part and use a recipe and its in hydro.
5) Pinch it when you want vertical height to slow down. Usually 4th node, then again if its starting to get tall. It will double in height in flower though
6) Do's and don't.... dont over water, dont over fertilize, dont over stress it. They are resilient plants it will probably bounce back.

1. Yeah i figured as much, just trying to see if anyone knows from experience

2. How quickly will male plants start to pollinate the females

3. So i have to wait for bigger leaves?

5. say i want a 4'-5' plant, when should i start topping?

Thanks for all the help

For a bare minimum I suggest at least 5 gal containers. Many people like grow bags due to the fast wet to dry cycles they provide. But 5 gal. buckets work.

Indica plants generally have wide / fat leaves and sativa has narrow/skinny leaves.

You might want to consider buying feminized seeds they can be had for about $50 and up for 5 seeds.
doing it that way you have control over quality and are guaranteed female plants of know quality.

Here is link to a site I visited recently Feminized Seeds | True North Seed Bank
They are a sponsor here on the site.

1. Yeah i figured as much, just trying to see if anyone knows from experience

2. How quickly will male plants start to pollinate the females

3. So i have to wait for bigger leaves?

5. say i want a 4'-5' plant, when should i start topping?

Thanks for all the help

1) A 4-5 foot plant could yield an easy 8 ounces, but there are too many variables for anyone to tell you you will even get 1 ounce. (experience can make the difference)

2) The males will pollinate when the little sacs open up spreading pollen across your whole grow, ruining everything (well not everything but seedy bud suck, though it is better than no bud at all)

3) No, you can use the width of the leaves to determine if it is more indica or more sativa, this is a genetic thing. Sativa plants are tall and skinny with thin leaves, indica plants are short and bushy with fat leaves.

5)Start topping at the 4th node, as you are growing outside it is hard to say how tall this thing will get, the plant can double or triple in height during flower and i dont know how long your veg period is either, just keep topping, dont let it get more than 2-3 feet in veg.

1) A 4-5 foot plant could yield an easy 8 ounces, but there are too many variables for anyone to tell you you will even get 1 ounce. (experience can make the difference)

2) The males will pollinate when the little sacs open up spreading pollen across your whole grow, ruining everything (well not everything but seedy bud suck, though it is better than no bud at all)

3) No, you can use the width of the leaves to determine if it is more indica or more sativa, this is a genetic thing. Sativa plants are tall and skinny with thin leaves, indica plants are short and bushy with fat leaves.

5)Start topping at the 4th node, as you are growing outside it is hard to say how tall this thing will get, the plant can double or triple in height during flower and i dont know how long your veg period is either, just keep topping, dont let it get more than 2-3 feet in veg.

about when will the pollen sacs burst open? will i have time to get rid of them after determining sex?

Back
Top Bottom