CPS took my kids in Holland, MI

Ok.. I’m not familiar with Western Michigan well enough to give you specific names and places to approach, however, the same general strategies work regardless of which state, county, or city you’re in. Your already taking note of everything which is good.. try to keep dates, times, and specifics noted down. You want everything you can documented. This is for a lawyer, and for your self.

You’re already working through one process, that’s getting yourself permanent housing. That is your very first issue you need to handle. It sounds like you got screwed pretty hard. Lots of Americans have, inequality is becoming the standard of the land. If you look around, you see it every day, and it’s part of what’s feeding into our polarization. I’ve seen it repeatedly where apartments or homes are sold to corporations or foreign governments then they remove any tenants that aren’t willing to pay their new raised rent prices and fees. It’s happening everywhere.

Now.. just because you’ve been screwed, doesn’t mean you can’t fight, and you can’t fix this, it just means it’s gonna take some work and you’re gonna have to fight back.

If you’ve been given a detailed set of instructions on how to get your kids back, begin doing those. Everything that brought you to this situation, goes on the back burner. The judge doesn’t care, the government doesn’t care. They want to see that you can follow their instructions and provide what’s asked, which, you can.

The landlord stuff, the cops, the energy bills, drug addict neighbors, all of that is irrelevant to actually getting your boys back. The judgment has already happened. All of that information is for a lawyer. A lawyer will be able to use that information to help you fight back in the long run, but it does you no good in this moment. Right now, your entire goal is to do what’s been asked of you to get them back.

With that being said.. When looking for assistance in your area there are a few key things you can google/search for. First, you’re gonna want to type in your county and state that this is occurring in, after the county and state you type in either “housing assistance” or “homeless assistance”. That will give you a list of the different organizations that service your specific area for those needs.

After the housing stuff you’re gonna want to pull up the google again and again type in your county and state, but this time type in “legal aid” after the county and state or “low income legal assistance”. Typing that in will direct you to resources for a lawyer in your area.

Those two methods I explained will work in almost any county or state in our country, if they have the resources, which, most do. All of the stuff you’ve told us about has a place and time, which a lawyer will be able to explain, but it’s not right now. Right now it’s all about getting to those boys.
Excellent advice my friend and I'm going to take every bit of it to the bank. I've already begun a lot of what you mentioned in your reply but I'm so grateful for those of you that are willing to share your thoughts and ideas because I'm pretty isolated and have very few people to talk that I can trust. So my thanks to everyone that have contributed in responses to my post.

Excellent advice my friend and I'm going to take every bit of it to the bank. I've already begun a lot of what you mentioned in your reply but I'm so grateful for those of you that are willing to share your thoughts and ideas because I'm pretty isolated and have very few people to talk that I can trust. So my thanks to everyone that have contributed in responses to my post.
No worries brother.. I used to be like a lot of others and thought people brought most of their problems on themselves. When I was in the Army though, I started to see how our government can be. However it wasn’t until I went from being a leader in the Army, to getting out, and falling through societies cracks to hit rock bottom that I realized it can happen to anyone, so fast, you won’t even see it coming until you’re standing there in the ashes.

The main thing is to just keep moving forward with your focus on the goal. It’s so cheesy to say it, and even cheesier to hear it but it’s really the truth. Your only other option is to fail and give up. So, as long as you’ve got the drive to make it happen, and can stay focused, you’ll get there. Ignore anyone who isn’t trying to see you win, and cut anyone out of your life that isn’t bringing positive motivation towards your goals.

Where do you live and who was the DA, because OP lives where they are aggressively opposed to cannabis, and I don’t know if you’ve noticed but lately these sheriffs and prosecutors are picking and choosing what they want to enforce all over the country.

That aside.. OP didn’t say the cannabis was the problem. OP said the CPS person assumed he was smoking meth/crack because the method he uses for his concentrates was relayed through a child.

I’m not understanding how in a forum dedicated to a culture that has been illegal for decades, people are so quick to side with the government and attempt to castigate OP for their inability to read his whole post.
Yeah I'm sorry I take that back I miss read some of the post after reading back through so I am really sorry my mistake hope he can sort this out and get his kids back

Yeah I'm sorry I take that back I miss read some of the post after reading back through so I am really sorry my mistake hope he can sort this out and get his kids back
It happens.. I’ve done it.. Apologizing is awesome though, speaks volumes about your character.

To be fair to you, it was a wall of text that was kind of all over the place. I totally get it though, when your world is ripped from you it’s really hard to focus on one thing and your mind runs away with every negative thing you can think of.

Ask the court to do a drugs test. I’m not American so laws will be different but have a friend who has gone through a similar situation here during a divorce, it should put the matter to bed. Even more so if weed is legal where you are 🙏
I've been doing weekly drug test for the County since March 2022, never had a dirty test. But yet they insist that I go to drug counseling and my foster care worker has recently even suggested me going into rehab without any proof I've ever done any drugs other than what my 11 year old described to them me doing dab dose 3 times a day. They swore under oath to that effect back on March 28, 2022, when this CPS worker perjured herself to get the warrant to take my children from me the very next day. She abused her power and tried to destroy my family but I am not the one, because my boys are my life. But no one is listening and everyone is telling me to stop trying to fight this because "now that I'm in the system" it just looks like I'm in denial! Denial of what, because she lied and I'm screaming to kingdom come that she lied and this is all wrong but I don't believe they even hear me now. I sent her some of the proof that showed she lied in Court to take my boys and she filed a police complaint for me cussing her out on the phone and they came to arrested me on a Friday afternoon of a holiday weekend so I spent 4 days laying on the floor of a drunk holding cell with no blanket or mattress . Then when I went to court with the public defender and he wouldn't let even speak to the judge and she gave me 3 days in jail without credit for the 4 days that I already done for cussing out this CPS worker over the phone for lying in court when she did in fact commit perjury in every allegation she made to get the warrant to take my children from me. I trid to report this to DHHS CPS Supervisors in Ottawa County and their basic response was that they didn't care they were gonna protect one of their own and advised me that I should go hire an attorney to handle this for me. How can a supervisor come at me like that from DHHS? They civil servants correct? Without any restraints, obviously extremely under supervised, they get no real training in how to do a proper investigation or the procedures that are involved in an investigation to take someone's kids away from them, and with each worker carrying over 400 cases a month!? I need a good lawyer, I am low-income but our most of out civil rights and due process have been trampled underfoot in the worse way by this broken DHHS/CPS/Judicial system and I would like to offer an opportunity to anyone out there in the whole world help me get justice by helping me get a good lawyer and I'll split 50/50 with you, this isn't about the money it's about my kids but I'm a poor person right now so pm me if your interested.

@gary0322 - I've been quietly following this and I feel for you Brother
I can empathise, I have a similar story
You just have to keep going on doing the right thing and getting help and support
All is well that ends well, you just haven't got to the end yet
Love and Positive Karma Man ♥️ :Namaste:

@gary0322 - I've been quietly following this and I feel for you Brother
I can empathise, I have a similar story
You just have to keep going on doing the right thing and getting help and support
All is well that ends well, you just haven't got to the end yet
Love and Positive Karma Man ♥️ :Namaste:
I greatly appreciate all the positive encouragement all of you are giving me it means a lot to me here in the darkest hours of my life. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom