Crash's Indoor 600W - Critical Kush - Hydro Grow in Coco

Hey Crash. Girls are looking good. I'm doing a Critical Kush in soil. Was going to try hydro but figured I would take the easier route for my first run. Still got a few seeds left so i'll probably try hydro next.

it should fill out its pot if its healthy through the stretch

2-4 weeks in veg depending on how fast your plants are running. hydro is fast

Hey all, sorry i was away for a few days, but im back now.
Since i last posted, i did a big trim. Theyre now 14 days after the flip to 12/12 (i may have been mistaken with my previous post), and thayre looking real nice.
I did a big snip of foliage to give some light to the lower bud sites, and only 1 day later, i had much improved bud growth. They went from a few pistils, to lots of pistils, overnight.

To answer the question about stretch, so far ive seen about a 75% stretch, but i ecpect to see maybe double that in the next week (if my last grow is anything to go by).
I dont believe stretch is a bad thing, if you have the room, and are willing to trim back some foliage so that the lower bud sites still get some light.

I changed my reservoir today, and brought my nutes up a small bit more. I also added a new circulation fan. I only had 3 6 inch fans for circulation before, but now i added a 12inch fan to improve on it. It has some unreal power and only cost €31.

Thanks again to everyone thats subbed nad reading.
Especially the new people, ItsAlwyz420 and ILovePot00. Sorry if i missed anyone.

I completely forgot to add the photos to tat post, ive been smoking some real nice hash, so please forgive me.

I also forgot to say, i shortened the length of the ducting cos it was huge.

IMG_030917.JPG
IMG_030819.JPG
IMG_030717.JPG
IMG_030617.JPG
IMG_030516.JPG

Looking great crash. Can only hope mine look as good. Question for you. You said you've already seen 75% stretch in 14 days of flowering and expecting more based on previous grow. Was previous grow an indica also? How tall was it when you flowered and what was the final height?

HI Crash,

Well written, and I really like your setup. It is going to be a jungle in there. I grow ONE plant under 600W, you grow 9 :)

A few questions (and sorry if I missed the answers to these)

1. Is this a 4x4 tent?

2. You said hydro, but I didn't see what method? Is this ebb and flow or top feed? How often are you irrigating?

3. Do you have an estimate or goal on your yield?

4. You said you had a deficiency and had to flush, which fixed the problem. Are you doing anything now to prevent that from happening again? I'm having a magnesium deficiency myself.

Comments:
>>>I really only fimmed because i did it quite late and was thinking that if i topped it would take longer for the plants to recover.

I agree here. I THINK my plants finish a bit sooner when I DON'T top in flower. Topping or fimming disrupts auxins and I've read this can delay flowering a bit. I've been experimenting in this area, and I've noticed I don't top, this strain finished in 8 weeks. I topped the plant (a week into flower) I am getting ready to cut now, and it's been 9 weeks and it's not ready. When I say "ready", I'm referring to the presence of amber colored trics. I can't say for certain yet, but like I said, I'm experimenting here. I just put another one of the same strain into flower this week (I have not topped it in the last two weeks), and I'm going to see if it finishes quicker.

Another comment about topping / fimming in your tent; Since you have 9 plants in such a small space, we will want to focus light on 4-6 colas per plant. If it were me, I wouldn't FIM or top in this situation. Instead of trying to make plants more bushy, I would actually be cutting off any branches near the bottom that are not getting light, to thin them out and get more energy to the top colas.

>>>1 of the girls (front center) is much taller than the others, this is the only one that seems to be growing in a real xmas tree kind of shape.

She looks like a beast. Get a clone from her.

>>>I did a big snip of foliage to give some light to the lower bud sites

Be careful here. Leaves photosynthesize and provide energy to buds. Taking a leaf here and there is ok (especially in last 2 wks of flower), but I would go sparingly. As I was saying before, it's going to be a jungle in there and I would focus energy toward top bud sites. Lower bud sites use up energy and should be cut off if not getting any light. I very rarely take off fan leaves. Instead, I'll just tuck a fan leaf under a branch :)

I like your setup, especially that light fixture. You're making that 600watts go a long way, and I wouldn't mess with CFL's either.

I am subscribed and I can't wait to see the rest of your grow.

so beautiful! look these girls reaching for the sky! was this soon after turning the lights on?

HI Crash,

Well written, and I really like your setup. It is going to be a jungle in there. I grow ONE plant under 600W, you grow 9 :)

1. Is this a 4x4 tent?

2. You said hydro, but I didn't see what method? Is this ebb and flow or top feed? How often are you irrigating?

4. You said you had a deficiency and had to flush, which fixed the problem. Are you doing anything now to prevent that from happening again? I'm having a magnesium deficiency myself.

Comments:
>>>I really only fimmed because i did it quite late and was thinking that if i topped it would take longer for the plants to recover.

I agree here. I THINK my plants finish a bit sooner when I DON'T top in flower. Topping or fimming disrupts auxins and I've read this can delay flowering a bit. I've been experimenting in this area, and I've noticed I don't top, this strain finished in 8 weeks. I topped the plant (a week into flower) I am getting ready to cut now, and it's been 9 weeks and it's not ready. When I say "ready", I'm referring to the presence of amber colored trics. I can't say for certain yet, but like I said, I'm experimenting here. I just put another one of the same strain into flower this week (I have not topped it in the last two weeks), and I'm going to see if it finishes quicker.

Another comment about topping / fimming in your tent; Since you have 9 plants in such a small space, we will want to focus light on 4-6 colas per plant. If it were me, I wouldn't FIM or top in this situation. Instead of trying to make plants more bushy, I would actually be cutting off any branches near the bottom that are not getting light, to thin them out and get more energy to the top colas.

>>>1 of the girls (front center) is much taller than the others, this is the only one that seems to be growing in a real xmas tree kind of shape.

Be careful here. Leaves photosynthesize and provide energy to buds. Taking a leaf here and there is ok (especially in last 2 wks of flower), but I would go sparingly. As I was saying before, it's going to be a jungle in there and I would focus energy toward top bud sites. Lower bud sites use up energy and should be cut off if not getting any light. I very rarely take off fan leaves. Instead, I'll just tuck a fan leaf under a branch :)

I like your setup, especially that light fixture. You're making that 600watts go a long way, and I wouldn't mess with CFL's either.

Yeah its a 4x4 tent, and its a top fed wilma drip system.
Im hoping for about 500 to 600 grams, anything more will be a bonus. I got about 500 from my last grow, which was critical/jack herer. Apparently this has a bigger yield but ill be happy with the same results.

For all of you that are growing critical kush, what i can tell you about the stretch is this. I started to flower at about 14 inches, they probably should have been bigger for their age, but i put that down to a few deficiencies i had for about 2 weeks. Regardless, they had good node growth and spacing.
Theyre about 24 inches tall now, and i ixpect to see an increase of about the same in the next week or so.
Im not too stressed about the stretch because i have lots of room to grow. My tent is 7 feet tall :phew:

When it comes to trichome colour, i experimented a bit the last grow, i harvested 1 plant when i had about 30% milky trichs, another at about 50% another at about 10% amber and the rest ant about 50% amber. I found the best smoke came from the 30% to 50% milky. After that the potency seemed to drop off. But that could be strain specific. That strain had a lot of sativa in it, and this one is apparently 100% indica, so im planning to do the same experiment. I will post the results of course.

The trimming im a bit worried about, to be honest. I think i may have gone overboard, but only time will tell now. They look healthy still. I know the lower growth usually will give little bud, but i want to see if i give them more light, will it be worth the trouble of trimming.

my critical kush is almost in 5th week of 12/12. The lower growth is almost on par with the top ones. They have almost as much bud as the top branches. My NL grew bushier but theres way more bud on the Critical Kush. A lot nicer too.

Today i have only a wee update But i feel its worth sharing because everything is worht documenting, good and bad.
Luckily this is a good update.
Since i did my big trim, ive seen huge bud growth, and not just in the tops buds, I mean in every bud site. Obviously the tops are getting most of the light and are bigger, but, the lower bud sites are plumping up real nice too.

As i said previously. i was worried about such big trim but everything seems to be going good.
if youre interested in how i trimmed, i took all fan leaves off, and any others that were blocking light from lowere growth. ITheyre re leafing very quick though, so ill probably do another trim in a couple of weeks.

I know a lot of people have a view of trimming as a bad thing, but i did exactly the same in my last grow> That gave me a good amount of bud, that was of high quality. So im not too worried.

Im going to be moving house after this grow, and i intend to have a perpetual harvest grow going on there. So maybe than i can experiment with trimming 1 and not trimming anoother that are in a similar state.

Well that was longer than i expected it to be.
Thanks once again to everyone thats subbed and has commented. I love the questions, and i especially love the advice.

i would love to see that comparison grow when you are settled. i dont like to trim becuase my buds turn into these leafy things to make up for the lack of fan leaves.

HI Crash,

1. Is this a 4x4 tent?

Comments:

I missed some questions in this post.

Ill try answer them now.

"2. You said hydro, but I didn't see what method? Is this ebb and flow or top feed? How often are you irrigating?"
I run my pump every 2 hours for 15 minutes when the lights are on. I dont feed in the dark period. But i do keep all of my fans on, except the intake fan, other than that i think all circulation fans and exhaust fans should be left on. Because, in nature, the wind and the supply of co2 doesnt stop.

"4. You said you had a deficiency and had to flush, which fixed the problem. Are you doing anything now to prevent that from happening again? I'm having a magnesium deficiency myself."
I had a magnesium defecienct too. I run coco, and apparently it effects the calcium and magnesium, which in turn effect the nitrogen uptake.
What i did was foliar feed for 3 days with epsom salts. Then i added some epsome salt to my res the next week. I havent really seen any problems since. But i will dose them with either cal/mag or epsom salts again this week, just to be sure.

i would love to see that comparison grow when you are settled. i dont like to trim becuase my buds turn into these leafy things to make up for the lack of fan leaves.

I will definitely document that grow. Its great to experiment. I want the best from my girls, and if i ruin 1 grow by experimenting, i dont mind. Ill know better the next time.
And if i can help someone to avoid a mistake, or say that an opinion is bullsjit, then im happy.

Back
Top Bottom