Crawdaddy's Mother Plant Hunt

So here is the set up for the LED comparison. Not quite complete, need to pull out piece of cardboard big enough for light divider. My leg still hurts from surgery so will have to do next few days, still working on 1 and a 1/3 legs:(

The two lights are...

On the right -- Advanced LED Diamond Series 200, about 6 months use on it. 100 X 3 W diodes. 185W power draw(according to their website) cost me $545 off their website

One the left- Top LED Relector- 96X3W diodes, about 4 months use on it. 170-200W power draw(according to website), bought for $176.39.

Far plant-- a Hawaiian Snow clone in the airpot with rockwool chunks. 'Capn Style', using Capn's recipe for feeding.

Close plant- a Blueberry clone in 5 gallon smart pot with Pro-Mix, using GO nutes,

With no white balance, hard to see anything..
DSCN18017.JPG

with white balance on, red line was added with Paint to show where divider will go.
DSCN18026.JPG

In a few weeks may start new journal for it, not sure.

Update on the Blueberries....

Flower day (12/12) 30.

So #2 is starting to take the lead on plant to keep, if any. It is the only one with any type of berry smell. #1 is has the most branching, almost too much so, while #3 is the lankiest and least branchy. #1 and #3 have the more Sativa type of buds and that Sativa piney smell. While #2 seems to have the bud structure more like the blueberries I have seen in past.

I also decided in order to save room and give each plant enough good light to show its potential, I trimmed the lower two of the 4 main branches of each. So now there are 6 main tops in total instead of 12.

Anyhow here are the pics, in group shots it #1-#3 left to right.
DSCN14988.JPG

DSCN14997.JPG
DSCN15007.JPG
DSCN15019.JPG

DSCN15024.JPG
DSCN15033.JPG
DSCN15045.JPG

After Trimming:
DSCN15055.JPG
\
DSCN15065.JPG

in tent with white balance on...
DSCN15076.JPG
DSCN15085.JPG
DSCN15095.JPG
DSCN15106.JPG

Your Blueberry colas look a lot like mine did at that stage, although my plants were more bushy. I found this description of the DJ Short Blueberry Strain (which is what I think mine are).

"DJ Short - Blueberry
We developed Blueberry from different new genetic lines, genetics that are unique to Europe. Not only Blueberry, but also Blue Velvet and Flo are developed from totally new genetics. These seed strains are of the highest quality and have not been grown in Europe before.

Blueberry is a mostly Indica (80% Indica, 20%Sativa) strain, that dates to the late 1970`s. A large producer under optimum conditions. A dense and stout plant with red, purple and finally blue hues, that usually cure to a lavender blue. The finished product has a very fruity aroma and taste of blueberry. It produces a notable and pleasantly euphoric high of the highest quality and is very long lasting. Medium to large calyxes. Blueberry has a long shelf life, stores well over a long period.

Flowering Period: 45-55 days
Height: 0.7-1m"
FROM DJ SHORT PAGE ON SEED FINDER

Here is a harvest picture from the Seed Finder DJ Short page:
Blueberry_big.jpg

Sub'd

cant wait :thumb:

Me too, hopefully i wont fuck this one up. Kinda wish the one in back was a bit bigger, may have to trim front one back while back one catches up, shall see.

:bravo:

glad to see more LED head to head comparison grows , lets put these companies to the test. + reps

Thanks, and hopefully you, and now me, will start others to help blaze some sort of trail to knowledge for all. Your setup is MUCH superior to mine though.

Your Blueberry colas look a lot like mine did at that stage, although my plants were more bushy. I found this description of the DJ Short Blueberry Strain (which is what I think mine are).

"DJ Short - Blueberry
We developed Blueberry from different new genetic lines, genetics that are unique to Europe. Not only Blueberry, but also Blue Velvet and Flo are developed from totally new genetics. These seed strains are of the highest quality and have not been grown in Europe before.

Blueberry is a mostly Indica (80% Indica, 20%Sativa) strain, that dates to the late 1970`s. A large producer under optimum conditions. A dense and stout plant with red, purple and finally blue hues, that usually cure to a lavender blue. The finished product has a very fruity aroma and taste of blueberry. It produces a notable and pleasantly euphoric high of the highest quality and is very long lasting. Medium to large calyxes. Blueberry has a long shelf life, stores well over a long period.

Flowering Period: 45-55 days
Height: 0.7-1m"
FROM DJ SHORT PAGE ON SEED FINDER

Here is a harvest picture from the Seed Finder DJ Short page:
Blueberry_big.jpg

Sub'd

Well the short of what I found out researching internet for few hours AFTER i bought the Serious Seeds version, the majority seemed to think the DJ short was more 'genuine', but dam they are PRICEY!

I haven't Known you to really mess anything up Cdaddy.

Well, since outdoor I think most of my harvests have sucked, smokable decent bud, but nothing great. And my outdoor was looking great till i burnt them near end.

And most of my mistakes are me getting to 'fancy' and out thinking myself.

My goal is big, fat, stinky, spotless buds that get you high as a kite. I got the high as a kite part with some of my good stuff(like the Hawaiian Snow in waterfarm, and it could have been better), but nothing i grew would be A+ or better on my scale, F to A+++. A+++(like Jon775 level from what i seen) is my goal, because I have big plans for this growing thing. Finally since buying my house last Feb have i felt able to at least try and grow again, since a stint of 4-5 years growing a bit outdoor in Hawaii in the 90's, this is the one thing i have a passion for (that you can make money with at same time), and being in WA state, well I could do it legally now. and none of this medical only BS, I want a big Warehouse full of plants. Right now I constrained two 30 ( me and my g/f license)

But I need MUCH improvement in my skills and GREAT business plan. I feel as if many of my other skills, for example database engineering to make the required tracking of your plant/what they where fed database driven, I have read about WA state requiring a very detailed level of tracking(plus could see if other growers want me to make that type of system for them), plus learning how buisnesses work/connections made last few years in local industry, could help in this endeavor. but really need to get better at growing and find 'my' system.

So I guess more overall goals, and therefore standards I want my pot to live up to are HIGH, after all it going to take something special I think to stand out in the growing area after 5-10 years of legalization. I already see the market flooded compared to 10 years ago, but still HUGE demand. I have heard that industrial space in Denver is VERY hard to come buy now lol.

im waiting on pins and needles for the day I can do that I wont do anything until I can do it without backlash

im waiting on pins and needles for the day I can do that I wont do anything until I can do it without backlash

Yea, what still scares me is the lack of a banking apparatus for legalization. Yes the Feds said they will not prosecute banks under money laundering laws for allow pot businesses to,get loans/bank accounts. But the banks still will not do anything because the Feds could change their minds in an instant and shut down the whole bank. No one wants to do thousands of dollars in transactions in cash, just asking for trouble eventually.

Jimmy, yea ordered some black tube should be here tomorrow. Just changed the res on that sucker. Having trouble keeping pH stable but I think cause not condition rockwool well, seems to be stabilizing. Would keep going up.

Sara, Hopefully I well get your blessing for this test :) your light is about 1/3 the price of the Advanced.

Here is an update on my vegging plants, next batch to look for mothers from, some waiting to be put in greenhouse (probably around 5/15 full time) and some mothers.

Here is everything in the closet. On the left I have labeled the 6 plants testing to see if want to keep I know hard to tell them apart they squished in there, a Royal queen Power Flower, a Str*inhunters (why cant i say that with an 'a' ADMINS?!?!?!?!) Flowerbomb Kush, 2 Royal Queen Criticals and 2 Humboldt Seed Org Lemon Thai Kush. On the right is a Blueberry being prepped for greenhouse I just pulled her branches over, hopefully she get big by end of summer. I also have clones around it of the 6 plants on left. The 6 plants will find a place somewhere to flower in next few weeks. there are also 2 REAL small Hawaiian Snow #1 clones in there.

DSCN18077.JPG

In the small tent I have a (left to right) Hawaiian Snow #2 mother, a Brainstorm mother. Top right is a Barneys vanilla Kush clone and below it a Barneys Crimea Blue clone, these are both being grown 'Capn Style' to be placed in greenhouse in few weeks.

DSCN18087.JPG

Yes, giving these another week or two before flip.

Here is first in while update of the Barney's Crimea Blue and Vanilla Kush...

Flower Day 31

Nice short stocky plants, what i was wanting, buds forming up at least ok, good enough to continue with plan to grow their clones over summer.

Left is BCB right is BVK...
BVK_and_BCD.jpg

BCB
BCB_Flower_Day_31.jpg

BVK
BVK_Flower_day_31.jpg

Back
Top Bottom