Crazy! Humidity and Temp Question

Preachforcure

OK so i'm trying to figure out where do I place my temperature and humidity sensor to check the Temp and Humidity in my grow closet.... I'm running a 600 watt LED and I have a 6" exhaust fan on low on high its rated at 450cfm but the grow closet total cubic footage is 6*3*2=36 cubic ft.

1.) If checked at plant the temp is 77 and humidity is 60 to 62

2.) If checked halfway between the plants and light temp is 79 and humidity is 42

3.) if checked above light near carbon filter temp is still 79-80 and humidity is at 40

here is a pic of the grow closet with the T5 I had in it to start the seeds plants are now in 7 gal smart pots and LED is 24" above plants.

IMAG024229.jpg

IMAG030121.jpg

Thanks For any help... :green_heart:

Re: Crazy!!! Humidity and Temp Question

The plants only care about the light, heat and humidity at the plant. That's where I would measure them: the plant canopy.

By the way, your cabinet is 36 cubic feet, and 6 square feet.

Yes you are correct and I did know that I'll edit my post...Thanks

The plants only care about the light, heat and humidity at the plant. That's where I would measure them: the plant canopy.

Is the canopy at the plant base, mid plant, top of plant? I only ask that because in a 24" span I get 3 different readings...maybe i'm over thinking it, perhaps I just don't need humidity above 60% at the light or above...

Thought: If I were to change nothing right now in my grow closet as the plant grows to somewhere around 2.5 feet my finished height my humidity would be 60% at soil and 42% at colas where they need to be...Thoughts?

The canopy is the top of the plant. That's where the bulk of the produce will be. I wouldn't worry about any variation down lower.

Back
Top Bottom