CrazyChef Grows Hexlines: 6 Strains, 6 LST Limbs Each

Hey! So I'm back with another grow journal! As much as I'd love to keep this journal organized and tidy, I just haven't been able to do that with my previous journals. I'm too "flighty" I guess. At least that's what my mom used to say when I was a kid. :D

At any rate, I'm gonna try going from quadlining to hexlining - using six nodes instead of four. I guess it's a cross between quadlining and mainlining? I got the idea from another member here - unfortunately, I can't remember who it was. :(
EDIT: Carcass was kind enough to remind me it was Backlipslide that showed us how to do this.
I'll be cutting off the bottom two sets of nodes, leaving the third, fourth, and fifth sets, and topping right below the sixth set for six sets of limbs. Wish me luck!

The girls will be vegged in a 2x4 tent under 24/0 LEDs, and flowered in a 4x8 under LEDs. Nutes will be GreenleafNutrients Mega Crop (older version), Sensi's CalMag Xtra, and Terpinator (won it in a contest).

So, what are we growing this time around? Why I'm glad you asked! All the beans came from SeedsMan Seeds, and are as follows:

1X Grandaddy Purple by Blimburn Seeds
2X Red Diesel by Barney's Farm
3X Ayahuasca Purple by Barney's Farm
3X Gelat.OG by Seedsman
2X The White OG by Seedsman
3X Alaskan Purple by Seedsman

I actually started this grow about 3 weeks ago, but wasn't sure if I wanted to start another journal or not. So, the pics are limited up until now, but I'll upload them in the next post or two.

ZVoXHBJ.jpg

Sweet !
I've got some Gelat.OG autos and Alaskan Purple autos coming from Seedsman,but I can't grow them out for 3 months or so (no vacancy in the box till then)
So I'll know what to expect when I finally grow em!
I can't remember who it was. :(
I think it's @Backlipslide with the Hexline style of training-it's working out great for him!

No,I've just been using the MegaCropv2-I added a smidgen of Greenleaf's Bud Explosion(which is also mostly potassium) to my last grow,probably not enough to do any good (or bad)- but I'm a little conservative since I toasted my Northern Lights awhile back.
I think you can get away with using it with the v1 version of MC-I believe @MrSauga is using v1-he can probably tell you what additives won't hurt/might help...

@CrazyChef I believe @farside05 is testing a theory on Terminator and bloom boosters in general. Maybe worth a read.

man i've got a loveseat pulled up close and i'm in for the ride. cant wait to see how it goes with hexlining compared to quadlining.

In my second journal, I'm doing everything quadline but this time it's a really late quadline so that they can stand a bit tall. Check it out sometime and maybe it'll be a similar comparison as your plants :)

I think you can get away with using it with the v1 version of MC-I believe @MrSauga is using v1-he can probably tell you what additives won't hurt/might help...
That's what I was thinking - I bought the 2500 gram bag, so I'll have it for a while.
Thanks carcass for the tag... yes with v1 I use protekt, calmag and sweet candy. The sweet candy gives me more K and Sulfur, the protekt gives a bit of K too but I use it for the silica. The calmag gives the extra Ca and Mg v1 lacks.
Cool! So I'm thinking the Terpinator will work similar to the Sweet Candy? And I also use CalMag.
@CrazyChef I believe @farside05 is testing a theory on Terminator and bloom boosters in general. Maybe worth a read.

I'll go check it out right now - Thanks!
man i've got a loveseat pulled up close and i'm in for the ride. cant wait to see how it goes with hexlining compared to quadlining.

In my second journal, I'm doing everything quadline but this time it's a really late quadline so that they can stand a bit tall. Check it out sometime and maybe it'll be a similar comparison as your plants :)
Thanks for looking! I've never gone any further than quadlining, so I'm really looking forward to this also.
Awesome! I’ll sit in on this one! :theband::blunt::passitleft:

I’ve got music, blunts, and drinks to offer!:thumb:

@carcass thanks for the shoutout!:high-five:
Thanks Mr. Lipslide!

So here are the pics I've taken so far. I didn't take any in the Solo cups for some reason.

The beans were germinated in paper towels placed in plastic bags on December 3rd. I have a gas oven and the pilot light keeps the oven the perfect temp for germinating, so in they went! All of them popped except for 2 of the Grandaddy Purple, so I only ended up with one of those instead of three. The tap roots showed on December 5th, and they all popped through the soil on the 7th, except Alaskan Purple #3 which popped through on the 8th..

sQAVLeO.jpg

I had some issues with finding quality soil in the area (I'm too cheap to buy the expensive stuff and have it shipped here), so the babies stayed a bit too long in the Solo cups. The roots were way too long on 12 of the 14 babies when I went to transplant them, so I had to trim them when it was time to transplant them into their mid sized temporary homes. This was on December 24th. I started a thread about it in the Indoor Soil Cultivation forum - Transplanting Woes?

pfNRKbf.jpg
TxNF1gj.jpg

Here they are after about 14 hours after transplanting, with no noticeable wilting. Phew!

ZC3oeaU.jpg

And here they are yesterday, after I trimmed the bottom 2 sets of nodes from all the girls. Also, the Ayahuasca Purple #2 was tall enough that I was able to top her already (the one circled in red). The others still need a bit more time.

vYHTX0L.jpg

Here's the layout of the girls:

2cVvpvS.png

Your going to have 14 big bushes! :thumb: :yahoo:It’s going to be an intimidating tent when it’s opened! Lol lots of high quality smoke!:snowboating:
Shouldn't be too bad - I already have 16 plants in the flower tent. I think I can manage up to 18 plants in 5 gallon pots in there fairly easily. Just gotta try and get as much LST done as possible before switching them to the 4x8 tent. Once they're in there it's a pain to do any additional LST on them.

pDHjm81.jpg

Shouldn't be too bad - I already have 16 plants in the flower tent. I think I can manage up to 18 plants in 5 gallon pots in there fairly easily. Just gotta try and get as much LST done as possible before switching them to the 4x8 tent. Once they're in there it's a pain to do any additional LST on them.

pDHjm81.jpg
Your a busy man!

how big are your tents? (It’s probably noted on the first post, my apologies):nerd-with-glasses:

Happy New Year,Chef...
I hope 2020 is a great one for you and the family :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom