CrazyChef's Indoor Five Strain Quadline Journal: OG Kush, Northern Lights, Cheese, Girl Scout Cookies, Peyote Critical

Well, it looks like I'm on my 2nd grow journal! The first one was a bit of a mishmash of information, and I'm hoping to keep this one a bit more organized and worthy of your perusal.

So, who are the players? Well, I'm glad you asked! There are four strains involved, all of them acquired from our sponsor @SeedsMan - some I purchased, some were add-on freebies, and some were sent to me as a 2nd place prize for the May, 2019 Photo Of The Month contest. We have one auto strain (OG Kush Auto), and three photo strains (Northern Lights, Cheese, and Girl Scout Cookies).

For a grow medium, I'll be using organic soil (Kellogg All Natural Potting Mix) mixed with about 30% Perlite. The beans will be started off in regular Jiffy Pots. Nutrients will be simple - Greenleaf's Mega Crop and Sensi's Cal-Mag Xtra.

For my grow room, I have a 2x4 veg tent, and a 4x8 flower tent. The veg tent is outfitted with four simple 4' dual strip LED shop lights (that will be on 24/0), and the flower tent has three ONEO II full spectrum LED (no "blurple") grow lights (that will be set for 12/12) and a Vivosun 6" inline fan and carbon filter.

I plan on quadlining all the girls, as well as putting up a scrog net for the photos when the time comes. If space allows, I'm hoping to keep the autos in the veg tent until they're ready to harvest.

I'd like to give a huge shout out to @carcass and @Asesino85 for their incredible quadline journals that are both a WEALTH of information!

Carcass's Journal:
Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Asesino85's Journals:
The Quadsquad Thread, A Community For Quadlining
Ase's Auto Quadlining Grow

Here are a few pics of the packaging. I don't have one of the Cheese, as it was a freebie and just came in a tiny ziplock baggie labeled "Cheese". For those of you not familiar with the strain, I believe it's a cross between Skunk #1 and Afghani.

OG Kush Auto

Northern Lights

Girl Scout Cookies

So, that's it for now. I already have the beans planted and most have sprouted, I'll have the baby girl pics up shortly.

Sweet! Those are some nice strains you've got sprouting!
I'll be watching-I first want to see how the seedsman Cheese does-I got three freebies with my last order,and 2 of them are duds...third time's the charm,I hope.
Best of luck with all your plants-don't need any "surprises" like your other grow...

Well, it looks like I'm on my 2nd grow journal! The first one was a bit of a mishmash of information, and I'm hoping to keep this one a bit more organized and worthy of your perusal.

So, who are the players? Well, I'm glad you asked! There are four strains involved, all of them acquired from our sponsor @SeedsMan - some I purchased, some were add-on freebies, and some were sent to me as a 2nd place prize for the May, 2019 Photo Of The Month contest. We have one auto strain (OG Kush Auto), and three photo strains (Northern Lights, Cheese, and Girl Scout Cookies).

For a grow medium, I'll be using organic soil (Kellogg All Natural Potting Mix) mixed with about 30% Perlite. The beans will be started off in regular Jiffy Pots. Nutrients will be simple - Greenleaf's Mega Crop and Sensi's Cal-Mag Xtra.

For my grow room, I have a 2x4 veg tent, and a 4x8 flower tent. The veg tent is outfitted with four simple 4' dual strip LED shop lights (that will be on 24/0), and the flower tent has three ONEO II full spectrum LED (no "blurple") grow lights (that will be set for 12/12) and a Vivosun 6" inline fan and carbon filter.

I plan on quadlining all the girls, as well as putting up a scrog net for the photos when the time comes. If space allows, I'm hoping to keep the autos in the veg tent until they're ready to harvest.

I'd like to give a huge shout out to @carcass and @Asesino85 for their incredible quadline journals that are both a WEALTH of information!

Carcass's Journal:

Asesino85 Journals:

Here are a few pics of the packaging. I don't have one of the Cheese, as it was a freebie and just came in a tiny ziplock baggie labeled "Cheese". For those of you not familiar with the strain, I believe it's a cross between Skunk #1 and Afghani.

OG Kush Auto

Northern Lights

Girl Scout Cookies

So, that's it for now. I already have the beans planted and most have sprouted, I'll have the baby girl pics up shortly.

Nice! I'll look forward to stopping by to see you work some magic! Good luck.

So, just to backtrack a bit - here are the dates of when each strain was planted and sprouted. I planted 3 seeds of each.

STRAINDATE PLANTEDDATE SPROUTEDQUANTITY SPROUTED
Northern Lights6/206/232/3
Cheese6/206/242/3
OG Kush6/166/203/3
Girl Scout Cookies6/266/283/3

So there is a total of ten plants for this grow.

Best of luck with all your plants-don't need any "surprises" like your other grow...
Truer words have never been spoken. Yeah, that sucked. This is a "girl's only" club - no boys allowed!

Nice! I'll look forward to stopping by to see you work some magic! Good luck.
I wish you the best luck for this run my friend and have fun!
Thank you both!

Here are a few pics I should have posted last night, but the Bass Ale and the Skywalker bong hits got the best of me…

I like using the clear Solo cups so I can see the root development. There are about a dozen 3/16" holes in the bottom of each one. I put them in the styro cups because I've been told that light is bad for developing roots. Not sure how true this is, but why risk it?

NL, OGK, Ch

GSC

Oh, and for anyone new to growing (I still am), this is what the Jiffy Pots I referred to earlier look like in the store.

I'm curious: Why the styrofoam cup outside the clear plastic?

I'm curious: Why the styrofoam cup outside the clear plastic?
Sorry, I actually edited it as you were posting this saying why:
I like using the clear Solo cups so I can see the root development. There are about a dozen 3/16" holes in the bottom of each one. I put them in the styro cups because I've been told that light is bad for developing roots. Not sure how true this is, but why risk it?

I guess I should explain the timing, as to why I planted these on seemingly sporadic dates.

I first planted the OG Kush autos, planning on growing them on my deck outside (where I had some clones from my first grow). But after taking a look at the clones, they were incredibly dirty so I brought them inside. I live on the 2nd floor of an apartment building on Main St. in a fairly large city in Massachusetts, and all the traffic filth was ending up on them. Well, I can't unplant the OG Kush, so here we are.

The Northern Lights and Cheese were to be my 6 plants growing in the veg tent, while my other plants were maturing in the flower tent. I want to perpetually have 6 plants in veg, and 6 plants in flower. This is the legal limit for Massachusetts.

Only 2/3 beans sprouted on each, so that's when I decided to go ahead and plant the Girl Scout Cookies to make up the difference. Now I have 7 photo plants that will eventually end up in the 4x8 flower tent. With the scrog netting, it should fill up the entire tent with the canopy. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

So, with 7 photos in veg, 3 autos growing, and the 2 remaining girls in the flower tent, I'm at the 12 plant legal maximum for Massachusetts right now. But, I may be sneaking one more plant in for a special separate grow (more about that later - wanna make sure the bean pops first). The fine for over the limit is $100 and they take however many plants on the premises that are over the 12 plant limit.

Here's what I'm hoping will work for placement in the veg tent. This is not to scale - I still have to take accurate measurements of the pots, but I think it'll work. I plan on using 5 gallon fabric pots for the photos, and 3 gallon fabric pots for the autos. Once the photos get transferred to the veg tent, they'll be replaced by 6 clones I'm hoping to take from another grow.

Good plan,Chef-that's quite a crop you've got going- You're doing better than me with the Cheese-I'm not having any luck with them yet-1 to go....
Your seedlings are looking nice n healthy-off to a great start!

Carcass's Journal:

Asesino85's Journals:

OG Kush Auto

Northern Lights

Girl Scout Cookies

So, that's it for now. I already have the beans planted and most have sprouted, I'll have the baby girl pics up

Thanks for the shout out! I am so slammed I can't seem to be able to keep up with anyone's journals at the moment but if you need anything post it in the Quadsquad thread. I do check in on that one (more than my own even) and plenty of great people there to answer questions probably quicker than I can get to. If my life ever slows down I'll be sure to sub up to this. Until then I'll probably just do a quick check in now and again to see your progress! Good luck!

Thanks for the shout out! I am so slammed I can't seem to be able to keep up with anyone's journals at the moment but if you need anything post it in the Quadsquad thread. I do check in on that one (more than my own even) and plenty of great people there to answer questions probably quicker than I can get to. If my life ever slows down I'll be sure to sub up to this. Until then I'll probably just do a quick check in now and again to see your progress! Good luck!
Thank you sir! I'll be using your journal as a basis for my quadlined autos. You already have the basics covered, so once the quadlined OGK autos are at the point where yours are as of this posting, then everything will be fine. Just gotta let them do their thing from that point.

After looking at these, I decided they were ready for their new homes. The roots are doing very well (sorry, forgot to get a shot of those), to the point they're starting to come out of the drain holes by about an inch. Here's a better overhead shot of the girls.

And here they are in their new forever homes. Tight fit! 5 gallon fabric pots for the NL and Ch, 2 gallon plastic pots for the OGK. They're autos, so won't need as much room for the roots (I think?). Not sure what I'm gonna do when the GSC and PC need to be transplanted...

So the OG Kush Autos got topped today, as well as the first 2 sets of nodes removed. Hoping to get a fair amount of quadline LST in before they start to flower. The photos aren't ready for that yet. Here are some before and after pics.

OGK#1
1661060989060.png

OGK#2
1661061135125.png

OGK#3
1661061243408.png

So, I was goona grow a bonsai mother, but decided against it for the time being, and add the plant to this journal. She was planted at the same time as the Girl Scout Cookies were. The strain is Peyote Critical. I only had one bean, so I might end up cloning her for my next grow. Not sure yet.

Here are the pics from the original thread, as well as a current one from today:

Here she is at day 9 from popping:

pon2961.jpg

Back
Top Bottom