Creating auto seeds with seed spray?

mamak420

so im talking about this item, or anything similar really...
Tiresias Mist Feminized Seed Spray.
516CL3jGwrL._SL1000_.jpg

i can only grow autos right now (only one grow tent, so cant switch lighting schedules)

but im wanting to create my own seeds, this stuff says it will create fem seeds. anyway to accomplish this making fem autos?
im assuming it will work, but dont want to waste money and time.

It wont create seeds. I believe it will force the female plant to create Male flowers on the buds you treat. You harvest that feminized pollen and use that to pollinate buds on another plant or the same plant(selfing). Good luck if you try it. I'm thinking about doing that as well. Gotta keep myself supplied with DDA seeds.

yeah, i knew that, sorry, but if i pollinate some of the bud on the same plant, the seeds that i get will be autos right? LOL now that im typing it, it seems dumb to ask, but im broke and brand new to growing, havent even started my first grow yet, and i have been waiting for seeds for 3 weeks. my patience is being tested lol. i just wanted to see if anyone had experience with this. i dont mind wasting a branch to turn male, and another to pollinate if i will get a ton of auto seeds.

It wont turn male as all the DNA is still female. Male flowers will form, but with all of the female Gene's. That's why they are called "femmed" seeds. All the DNA is female. I think it's pretty fascinating. If I get the DDA pheno that actually reaches a decent size and produces a decent yeild I will self it for sure.

but does doing this on an auto, create auto seeds? i read somewhere you would need to breed it more than once, but if im selfing it, it should produce auto seeds right?

I am toying with the idea of selfing a tangie
auto and a Dark devil auto. I would then pollinate each of them with the others pollen. I want to do this to try and get a higher yielding larger DDA. My Auto Tangie is a big plant. I hope to do some back crossing to stabilize it. One of the possible names will be "Blood Orange." I am hoping to start this project soon, but honestly, I have quite a few irons in the fire right now. It might be a while before I can start this project.

If the tendency is already there I suppose a self could possibly be more prone to it. I wouldn't venture to say for sure though as I dont know enough about the subject and dont wanna end up talking outta my ass! Lol You sound like your interested in the topic. You should run an experiment and journal it. If it's a well done journal it could get you JOTM. You never know.

Im kinda late here, but i also was going to use this spray on a girl scout auto. My thought was start 1 ten days before i start the other ones. I am going to spray and let it pollinate the others in my tent. Im hoping this works. Had anybody else done this and had any success?

Back
Top Bottom