Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With High Brix

Silver Mtn is the one I use as well. I still have over half bottle left that was purchased 3 years ago so yeah it doesn't take much.

I normally start seeing pollen sacs form around 14-20 days into flowering. This last round I noticed it took right around 30-33 days for sacs to open and the nanners inside dangling. Those are the nanners stuffed with pollen and ready for use. I've forced some sacs open before and its a toss up if they have pollen or not. If the sacs are hard the nanners inside are not ready.

This is what it looks like when the sacs open and show casing the nanners (faint black arrow in pic)
IMG_656717.jpg

Just above the black arrow in the pic you can see sacs that are beginning to open. This pic was taken at 33 days of flower schedule which is why suggested to go into flower 7-10 days before recipients for photos and using clones for pollen.

Just started my next attempt.... 50 ppm CS sprayed daily on just the nodes of the plants. Started spraying from day 1 flower and will only spray until day 15-18 at the latest. Using 2 female plants, both different cultivars (GG#4 and GDP) for my potential males. I really wouldn't mind either being the one I end up using, but favor the GDP as its one of my favorite strains.

If all goes well I will be crossing one of these 2 with about 9 other strains, plus Selfing them. and the male that I don't use (If lucky enough to get pollen) I will bag up and save the pollen if possible for a future run.

Hopefully it works this run...

Last run I got about 12 seeds from one cross, and about 5 seeds from a 2nd cross but none of the other plants got any pollen as it wasn't visually there.

Using the same concentrate batch of STS I used on my first seed run also worked when diluted 3 months later on my autos :). I did an extra spray week to see if I'd get more pollen. I'm waiting on them to open up still but it should be within the next week or so.

:passitleft:

I keep mine in a dry container in the fridge (it's actually a waterproof flat tackle box for fishing). Make sure they don't freeze, but the lower humidity and cold seem to be the best way to store long-term.

I keep mine in a dry container in the fridge (it's actually a waterproof flat tackle box for fishing). Make sure they don't freeze, but the lower humidity and cold seem to be the best way to store long-term.
What if I don't have a waterproof container does it have to dark so no light gets in or air tight or can a pill bottle work that has been taped up?

I store mine in taped up paper to make a little envelope and store in tupperware in a cool dark place. Seeds that are now over 3 years old germ just as good as fresh seeds so far. Not sure when they will go bad stored this way. I also have some desiccant packs inside the tupperware from items I've bought over the years that have them inside and collected.

I store mine in taped up paper to make a little envelope and store in tupperware in a cool dark place. Seeds that are now over 3 years old germ just as good as fresh seeds so far. Not sure when they will go bad stored this way. I also have some desiccant packs inside the tupperware from items I've bought over the years that have them inside and collected.
Thanx glad to hear it man.

Alright now, during my run I achieved seeds. Not like intended but I noticed something odd.
I followed the steps as far as CS treatment goes. I picked out a "strong" clone, sprayed CS, and got my pollen. Next I let it dry seven days before attempting to collect.
But when pollinating plants I noticed the clones that were small(1 gallon pots)/premature wouldn't fully get pollinated. 1 or 2 seeds if lucky.

After collecting pollen I proceeded to pollinate two clones, an OG kush & Rainbow kush.
I planted them in 1 gallon pots and gave them three weeks to veg before putting them into bloom. Around week 3-6 I pollinated the clones with every grain I had. Still no definite signs of seeds on either plant as they near the final weeks.

Then I noticed my dwc plant had been ninja pollinated, persistant pollen. I was pollinating in the DIY tent next to this grow and now seeds are developing there making it seem like an even stronger plant is needed for this phase. Maybe one from seed, as the only plant showing seeds is one from seed.
But here's the pics...
729F4962-28A1-442A-AD5F-01797B1C5980.jpeg
1C591FC0-2725-4085-B70E-0C50C2A850DB.jpeg

I've gone through about 20+ pages but have a question about this process.

Am I reading right that
1) start the cs a couple weeks before the flip?
2) flip the cs plant 2 weeks before the plant your breeding?

Seems in nature they both flip at once so just curious if I can flip both at once rather than staggering.
Thanks!

I've gone through about 20+ pages but have a question about this process.

Am I reading right that
1) start the cs a couple weeks before the flip?
2) flip the cs plant 2 weeks before the plant your breeding?

Seems in nature they both flip at once so just curious if I can flip both at once rather than staggering.
Thanks!

For photos, I start spraying one branch a week before the flip. You can use just one plant to create your female seeds. That one branch will create pollen and pollinate the rest of the plant. If you want to use one plant to pollinate another, I would flip them one week apart. You just want to make sure the pistils are ready to receive pollen when its ready.

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom