CrimsonChronic's Adventures In Growing! Making Little Green Happy Trees

CrimsonChronic

Hello there, and welcome to my little grow adventure! I appreciate you dropping in today, feel free to leave a comment. Or take one with you when you leave :) This will be a soil grow, with seeds starting off in the bubbler. Man I love bubbles! Anyways, this will be my 4th grow so we should all be learning something even if it's what not to do..

So it's been a bit since I've dabbled in the dank arts, but I'm ready to make this my new hobby! The seeds I'm starting off with are White Berry, don't know the sex. To germinate them I just use a 2 pot bubbler that I made. First, I put rapid rooter plugs into 2" net pots. Then I put a few flattish mutant clay pebbles around to hold the plug in place. Now we have a place to plant those nice little seeds.

The seeds get planted with some tweezers, and the pots get dropped into the top of the bubbler. I love this picture..

The bubbler holds 4 gallons to get to the sweet spot. I'm using distilled water, and will be adding the advanced nutes basic trio to feed these little gals in a few days. The light to get them sprouted is just a simple little screw in LED, I bought for my first grow :)

Here's a shot of the bubbler hut, with the 2x4x5 veg tent they will spend some quality time in. Nothing fancy making sun in that bad boy, 2 Mars 300 lamps with the 5w chip. I have a third to add if needed.

At some point, I will drag out the RDWC setup that I built but never used. It ran great in tests, but I was always worried that water temperature would get too high without a chiller.

This will be a soil grow until then..

The plant in the tent is Gelato, but it seems to be really sensitive to light so she's not doing so hot. She's gonna make it eventually though.

I got a little bored last night, so I popped a couple seeds in some solo cups! The first strain is Forbidden Fruit. The second seed planted was Lemon Sour Diesel. This should be interesting for me, as I've never attempted growing multiple strains. They are both in Solo cups, with plenty of holes drilled into the sides so roots can breathe. I've also added a layer of hydroton clay balls to the bottom, prior to filling them with Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. I haven't added anything to the soil itself. You guys and gals let me know if I should be adding something to it.

I have also had another seed soaking, and it was ready to plant this morning. This one is a little bit different than Cannabis.. It's meant to grow into a bonsai tree! The species is Pinus Aristata. Going to be really awesome if this works out, I've always wanted to grow and maintain a bonsai..

This one was planted in a solo cup as well. Same way, same soil.

And here they are all hanging out, gathered around the Gelato plant. It seems to be doing much better now that I've moved the lights further away from it. Sensitive little lady, but we will manage.

19 days later and it's become a battle for sure. The 2 White Berry seeds did not germinate in the bubbler as planned. I am thinking that I had the bubbles turned up too much, keeping the rapid rooter plugs way too saturated for the seeds. Or they were just bad seeds. Either way it's whatevs, and take it as a learning experience.

Same type of scenario for the Forbidden Fruit, and the Lemon Sour Diesel. They never sprouted from those solo cups. Bummer, probably because I didn't germinate them first. I for sure overwatered the soil too. It is what it is, lesson learned. The one thing that I did manage to keep alive was the Gelato plant that I started a while back. Lol I was starting to really question myself.

Fortunately, I kinda prepared for this catastrophe. A week or so in when I thought these might not pop, I germinated some more seeds that would hopefully work out this time.

1 Blueberry (fem)
1 Gelato
1 mystery seed
2 Gorilla Glue #4

Here is the Blueberry. Clearly not off to the greatest start, not sure if it's too many soil nutes, if it was too much light at first, or too much water. She looks a little withered on the longer leaves and the small ones twist.

Here is the new Gelato seedling. Seems to be doing quite well!

Now here's an interesting one.. This is the mystery seed, and it's going wild. I have no idea what the issue is with it, but I'd really like to know.

Here are the 2 Gorilla Glue #4 sprouts that broke ground yesterday..

The Gelato plant was at a good height to top, so she got the nip last night. I never had good luck cloning in soil or propagator, so here is my first attempt at cloning with bubbleponics! I'll have to get a better picture.

Here's the setup for now..

The little ones all seem to be doing much better now. The Gelato, and 2 Gorilla Glue seedlings look great! The Blueberry, and mystery plant look like they are bouncing back from whatever was happening to them.

The bigger Gelato plant is bouncing back after being topped. Did a little LST on her, hopefully not too much yet.

I am excited that I finally had some luck with the bubbler! Here's the newest sprout, Girl Scout Cookies. I'm thinking about keeping her hydroponic, instead of transplanting into soil.

I ended up putting a better top on my table so the plants will sit better when they bump up to slightly bigger containers. I've also started bringing out pieces of my RDWC system, and messing with it here and there. I want to find a way to get it to the tent and still have my res on the outside. I should be able to figure it out in time. Here's all the pieces:

This is what it looked like the last time I had it set up. I was just about to get it up and running for the first time, but had to take it down before I had the chance to start. Here's a shot of what it looked like last time.

Can't wait to start tinkering with it again!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom