Crit x CC Auto Outside

Bnelly

The purpose of this grow is to share and gain experience with the whole process of flowering, harvesting, and drying/curing. I have another grow journal for my main harvest). I figured the best way for me to not f up harvesting and etc is for me to go through it with just a single plant first. Everything minus the nutes is leftovers from my main grow so hoping to keep costs down as much as possible

So as the title suggests I will be growing a Critical x Cream Cheese Auto from i49. Never used them before but figured I would give them a shot. I got 2 other strains as well, that will be grown in the future.

Media: FFOF/FFHF 3:1 with 20% perlite added
Container: Solo Cup into a 5 gal fabric pot
Nutes: FF trio and cal mag+
Lights: the good ol natural Sun (praise be to thee)

I popped my seed in water this afternoon and will move to a paper towel in the AM. Currently have it covered with a towel for dark and set on my playstation to keep it warm. The pups have been very interested in this weird fuzzy shape sitting in the living room :rofl:
20200605_145514.jpg

20200605_142459.jpg
20200605_142454.jpg

Checked again and saw that the seed had cracked, so I put it in a paper towel, in a ziploc bag, under a wash cloth to block light and hold heat, and on top of the playstation to provide said heat. I will check on it before bed tonight to see if theres a tap root.

I prepared the solo cop with soil, and watered with ph 6.4 tap water to let it drain and dry a little more before I plant the seed.

Tap root was a few mils long so I went ahead and planted it in the soil, sprayed with ph'd water, covered with a ziploc and rubber band to hold it, and set back on the playstation, it was getting pretty warm so I have moved it to a not so hot part of the console. Peace and good night everyone, hopefully tomorrow will be day 1!

Here is some pictures from this morning, I moved outside already just so there is no getting used to artificial lights and no stress putting it outside. Overall I'm very happy with how quick the seed has cracked and pushed the tap root, lets hope for this continues for the rest of the grow

I set the cup up on the notches to allow air and water to pass in and out of the cup. The whole setup definitely doesnt look pretty but should work good

20200607_075725.jpg

20200607_075728.jpg

I want to believe that its just a lot number :laugh:
Only time will tell lmao its seemed to be moving fairly quick so far
Well, you did get it to crack...
I wonder what the oldest cannabis seed is that anyone has been able to pop. I remember a thread of a guy finding a ~30 year old stash of original Acapulco Gold seeds and (unsuccessfully iirc) trying to get them to pop....

It could be January 3. :laughtwo:

Welcome to the :420: growers community!

I’m trying to germinate/sprout some 44-year-old Colombian Red and Oaxacan seeds in my journal.

Looking good so far. I’m a sucker for an outdoor grow. Let’s grow! :headbanger:

Welcome! I'm definitely gonna go over and check it out! I cant imagine what those seeds have witnessed :laugh: those are gonna be some real old school flowers when they're done

Happy Monday everyone! Hope y'all have a great week!
Did some early morning surgery today. The solo cup got knocked over sometime last night, no idea on how or who (doesn't really matter to me), and I wanted to see where the seed was. It somehow ended up about an inch down in the soil, after an inch had been knocked out of the cup. Tap root is about a 1/2-1 inch long with a bunch of fuzzies going down it, replanted it with about 1/4 inch of soil on top of seed top.

Very happy this potentially 11 year old seed so has the stuff the grow

Also I don't think I've introduced my helpful gardening buddy. Her name is Sherry, shes about 13 weeks old and her only helpful skill right now is ripping up small dead weeds, but she does it with very good determination. Shes very curious about the soil, mainly digging in it, and most green things look like little snacks to her. Had a few leaves eaten early on in my other journal from another dog, we'll see if she prevails this time :rofl:
20200608_073337.jpg

Also I don't think I've introduced my helpful gardening buddy. Her name is Sherry, shes about 13 weeks old and her only helpful skill right now is ripping up small dead weeds, but she does it with very good determination. Shes very curious about the soil, mainly digging in it, and most green things look like little snacks to her. Had a few leaves eaten early on in my other journal from another dog, we'll see if she prevails this time :rofl:
20200608_073337.jpg
Adorable!
I have a pug that “helps” in the garden by making sure I don’t have to worry about picking the peppers that grow within his reach....

That’s crazy your seed got so deep. Did you water it after planting and maybe wash it down deeper??

Adorable!
I have a pug that “helps” in the garden by making sure I don’t have to worry about picking the peppers that grow within his reach....

That’s crazy your seed got so deep. Did you water it after planting and maybe wash it down deeper??

That's so adorable, our dogs would probably never go around the garden again if they bit a pepper :rofl:

I honestly have no idea, the only water I give this early on in through a very fine mist spray bottle. I try to keep them covered to save as much moisture as I can. Maybe the fall knocked it down a little more? I really have no idea, as long as everything still grows, its like it never happened haha

What a cutie! :circle-of-love:

Be watchful - some dogs like to eat cannabis, or at least will dig it up

Yeah our other dog has taken a leaf or two off one of my other plants but he didnt seem to like the taste after chewing it a little bit lmao

20200608_073337.jpg
Sherry is so cute. But be careful she will dig your seeds out of the soil. lol

Back
Top Bottom