Critical Mass, leaves resemble leather

Slice107

My Critical Mass plants are about 3 weeks old and were very healthy when I received the clones. Been using mostly water for the past couple weeks, but added some fox farm to them about 5 days ago and now the leaves are showing me something I have not experienced before. Water was Ph of 6.5-6.8 each time and the PPM of the last fert. was around 700. Plants are in a Northern lights grow box and conditions appear to be perfect. They were transplanted one week ago into a larger container.
20150319_140812.jpg
20150319_140806.jpg

Did you over water them? Has the soil been wet for a while? If you overwatered and at 700 ppm, would it not be over 700ppm if your poured too much? I've done this many times ... I'm afraid. It's one thing you can't learn from video or books and become one with the plants.

I don't think they were over watered, but then again, this is the first time I have grown this strain. Your comment did get me thinking tho, I haven't had much runoff water when watering. Maybe it needs a little more to wash away some salts.

Yea I had not watered and got runoff for two weeks (I didnt realize you get runoff EVERYTIME you water.) I ended up having to flush a few plants who had 1000+ ppm which cause their ph to drop. They are beautiful now, itll bounce back just make sure ur ppm is a steady level.

What should the runoff be after a feeding? Should it always stay under 1000 ppm? How close should it be to the ppm level of the nutes?

soil will store nutes so its hard to say, but every so often you should flush the soil with a healthy dose of straight water to flush any salt build up out. Just check your run off ppm and ph, if the ppm coming out is way higher than what is going in then I would flush. Also, you should only be giving nutes every second or third watering. Does the pot have good drainage?? are you letting it dry out well between watering??

I wait till the buckets are light and second check it with a meter. They get a good amount of air with the holes in the side of the buckets as well. I run a gallon or so (larger plants) through the plant and then add my nutes in a normal feeding. In my other room the plants are doing great on it. They are in their third week of flower

I might have to try that. All the plants are looking better and growing well now. Another problem that was not noticed at first was that I had broad mites on all of my critical mass plants. Sprayed them with a castile soap and seaweed mix the other day. No signs of life on any leaves I have checked so far, but the plants will be needing plenty of time to recover.

Back
Top Bottom