Critical Sensi Star Journal

DEMON6465

Here is a couple of pics of my very first grow. The strain is Critical Sensi Star, growing under 400w mh. I just transplanted to coco, and started using nutes Please feel free to comment, criticize etc., I really want to hear what I'm doing wrong or right. Here is my concern , it seems like its growing slow. These pics are weeks 3 and 4.

IMG_085128.jpg

IMG_085324.jpg

Hey man. Hope you're doing well. Let's see if we can get you going. Ya, it does look like your plant is pretty small after vegging for 3-4 weeks. How big are the pots you're currently using? If you flip to 12/12 now, your potential yield will suffer big time. What nutes are you using and your feeding schedule? Any additional info you have, post it up.

I just put it in a 2 gal pot, about three days ago. I have the fox farms nutes, grow big, big blossom, and tiger bloom. I only gave it one feeding since its been in the coco. I have been scratching my head b/c I've been seeing plants that people say are three weeks old and they are huge and mine is a dwarf, but its been one month since I germinated and thats how big it is. Should I back the light off a lil to get it to stretch, ooh I also topped at the third node.

and i wouldnt count anything as start of veg that didnt already have 3 sets of leaves. meaning dont count seedling stage as part of veg stage.

I just started monitoring ph this week, and she will get her first dose of nutes which will be gb, and bb. I don't really want to follow the fox farms info because it seems like a lot but I'm going to figure out a starting point and see what happens.

I just started monitoring ph this week, and she will get her first dose of nutes which will be gb, and bb. I don't really want to follow the fox farms info because it seems like a lot but I'm going to figure out a starting point and see what happens.

I haven't used FF nutes before, but what I've read says to go 1/4 to 1/2 strength than what's recommended by them since they're so concentrated. Also, if recommend filling up those pots more with some extra soil. It'll give the roots more surface area to grow

Ok cool. Thanks for the info. I have a question though. Does regulating my ph help my overall yield of general plant growth. Is ph that critical?

Anytime man. Yes, pH is super critical. If you don't control pH, you're going to run into a ton of problems with nutrient lock out which will definitely affect yield. I know for soil, you want to keep it between 6-7 with it being centered around 6.5. Not sure about coco though. Hopefully some coco growers can shed some light on that

Hey BuckSwope I just did some research on that Mars II 400w led light you have. I have to get one. I want to get it by time my plant is ready for flowering.

You won't be sorry if you plan to buy it. Even directly from TopLED, $205 shipped is very hard to beat for such a solid LED. Not knocking any of the other manufacturers since there are a bunch of great LEDs listed here, except for Black Dog because it looks like they just rebadge Mars II LEDs and charge 2-3x more. If you're looking to save a few bucks, TopLED also has a ton on eBay. I was able to save roughly $30 going that route. As for electricity costs, I've noticed an increase of roughly $15-20/month for vegging @ 18/6 and running oscillating and 165cfm inline fans 24/7. Since switching to 12/12, I've already noticed a $5-10 decrease in my bill. Stealth, little heat, quiet, and uses far less electricity...as you can tell, I'm sold.

Im starting to get alternate nodes, but I don't see pre flowers on her yet. Wonder if I could put her into flowering, even though I plan to give it another week or two, but I'm curious to know if I could do it now?

You can flip whenever you want. I'd personally veg her a bit more to increase my chances at a bigger yield, but that's entirely up to the grower. If you flip now, you'll definitely find out the sex quicker. Go with whatever you want.

Im waiting on my led light to come before I put her into flower, btw I placed an order from top led for the mars II 400w, I paid them through paypal, but its been a few days and still no shipping confirmation. Anybody else have an issue with them?

Back
Top Bottom