Critique of my flowers

M00gle

This was my first grow and I'm finally in the flower stage! :allgood: I was wondering if the knowledgable members on this board could tell my what you think of the flowers and what I can do to improve them.

Background info...
-Plants in 5th week of flowering.
-400 w MH with conversion bulb with 2 additional floros on the sides.
-3 fans, with temps between 68 - 78
-humidity around 30%
-feeding is foxfarm nutes (beastiebloomz, tigerbloom, big bloom) and superthrive.
-Flush once a week, and feed about twice a week.

I thought I'd get more yield from my white widow than this. Do you guys think the flowers are compact enough? Or do they need more light intensity?
I am thinking they will be ready to harvest in 2-3 more weeks. I know I am supposed to flush the last 2 weeks, but I have foxfarm cha ching, and according to schedule it says to use until flower completion.

Thanks for the advice.

white widow cross
rIMG_0932.jpg

-This plant was pretty bushy, and I think light is having trouble reaching the buds beneath, so I added to floro to light from the bottom up.
-I think the overall harvest will be pretty small {:(

main cola
rIMG_0942.jpg

side bud
rIMG_0945.jpg

some bag seed plant
rIMG_0944.jpg

This bud looks pretty leafy. I don't even know if it was worth growing, but I couldn't bring myself to waste her, so I thought I'd use her for cooking. What do you guys think?

that WW is lookin nice... i'd give it about 3 more weeks... and the buds dont look bad... the side bud looks pretty compact to me.... so i take it the main cola is pretty dense too... nice plants.

as far as flushing, id still give her plain water for the last week or two...

also, just wondering... why do you flush once a week?

Great looking plants on a first grow!!

Shits wizeak!

Alright, maybe not, Your shit is definitely not weak.

blowin.endo said:
that WW is lookin nice... i'd give it about 3 more weeks... and the buds dont look bad... the side bud looks pretty compact to me.... so i take it the main cola is pretty dense too... nice plants.

as far as flushing, id still give her plain water for the last week or two...

also, just wondering... why do you flush once a week?

I dunno why I flush once a week actually. I just thought mineral build up occurs, and I don't want to lock out any nutes. I have well water, so I think should be some spring water, because of the high mineral content.

Hey endo, what do you think about that bag seed plant? It has alot of leaves and I'm not sure how you manicure it. When manicuring, do you cut all leaes around the bud, or leave the onces with lots of crystals? Also what do you think about foxfarm nutes for flowering?
Thanks for your input.

bigfanofpj said:
Great looking plants on a first grow!!
Thanks man, This was my first real grow, I started a grow awhile back but just with bag seeds, and I had no real light also. So I aborted the grow and decided to get some quality seeds and a powerful light.

Holy crap! Nice shot MOOgle! That first pic...she's just so healthy and beautiful. I'm envious. To get bigger than that you'll need at least 5 gallon pots...and some HID lights. Your system seems to work well for you. Here's a tip...if it ain't broke don't fix it. :cheesygrinsmiley: Keep up the good work!!! :headbanger:

On the bagseed trimming...just cut the fan leaves off as close to the stem as you can and then cut the sugar leaf tips off at the thickness of the bud. You could cut all the little leaves out of it but that would take forever. I'm glad you didn't waste her...She'll smoke just fine. You'll be pleasantly surprised I bet.

What are you doing with the trim? Hash I assume?

Fox farm is some of the very best out there. You just can't go wrong with it.

Get us some harvest, drying and curing pics. And don't froget the smoke report!

Peace,
Akorn:bongrip:

Thanks alot akornpatch! Glad to hear my grow went well. After seeing other peoples monster harvests, I was kind of feeling like she wasn't producing her potential. But I guess there doing just fine. I guess all that money and work was worth the investment.

I'm not sure what to do with the trim. I was thinking making it into butter. Akorn do you think there will be enough trim to make hash from just two plants? Also do I use the large fan leaves besides the sugar leaves?

I'll make sure to keep you guys updated. Can't wait until harvest.

I think she did just fine. Nice and plump...and green as all get out. Your bagseed looks great too. You did a great job. Now comes the hard part...drying and curing. The only little thing I saw was the humidity was a touch low, but I think you made up for it with frequent watering and flushing. Keep it up!

In rough hash terms...you'll get about .5-1.0g per ounce of leaf. Not a great return, but still you get some killer killer out of it. If you like butter go for that. Just don't toss it in the bin. That would be a shame. BTW...keep the fan leaves and the sugar trim separate. It'll make your life easier when the time comes.

Here's a picture to day dream on...20 of those beauties in the same room. MMMMmmm.......OK wake up now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Akorn

don't worry endo :) I'll post some harvest picks asap!!
What do you think of this for drying?
I will hang for maybe 4-7 days then place into paper bag. After the stems crack when I bite them I'll I'll put into jars.

that sounds about right... make sure to "burp" the jars everyday (open them up and let the air inside out for a few minutes) then close it back up

Akornpatch said:
One more thing comes to mind...step up to 600 watts.

How big is your space?

yeah I need to get a bigger light, you're right. My closet is about 4.5 x 2.5 ft. so I am running out of room for these two plants.

However I plan one day to grow more plants at once. I'm thinking of buying an HPS soon because the plants spend most of the time under it, and not the MH.

Racefan said:
M00gle you have done a great job with those ladies! I give you a A+ for them. You might want to start checking trichs soon. Those pistals are looking pretty withered for only 5 weeks into flower.

After harvest comes the real fun part...smoking em!:cheesygrinsmiley: Great job my friend!

Thanks Racfan! ;)

Here's a picture of the trichomes.

trichome.JPG

How much longer for the most sativa like high? I'm thinking maybe one more week.

Back
Top Bottom