Crohn's: Any suggestions?

ITheNorth

Looking for suggestions as to what works best for Crohn's Disease. Have been using 1 full dropper of MedReleaf "Midnight" at bedtime to sleep thru the night and 1 of "Avidekel" in the morning. Also, ocassionally juice a few leaves in my smoothie.
Off all the usual meds other than the cannabis oil due to a recent surgery. Cant kill the immune system where you're trying to heal.
Any ideas other than smoking it?
*I'm inquiring for someone else...*

AFOAF swears by, olive oil infused with 10-15 grams of cannabis. I read an Italian research paper many years ago now.
In a clean Mason Jar, (I use a hemp bag (HB) to hold the cannabis, placing it in the Mason.)
Place HB in Mason, add your quart of the best olive oil you can afford, add your seal and ring, then set the Mason on a trivet, add water in the pot, about 3/4's way up the Mason, simmer between 140f - 185f I check the oil itself, not the water, for 4-6 hours. I've read others work it up to 24 hours or more.
I use my cabbage/sauerkraut mashing stick to GENTLY prod the HB, like 3-4 times as it simmers.
We pour the infusion back into the same package it comes it.
We keep ours in the refrigerator, shake it well before use, we use a tablespoon as a portion.
Either as a salad dressing with a splash of Braggs apple vinegar. Or on toast/bread dab it, whatever works for you.
We made this for a lady 3 years or so ago, and gave her the recipe as she lived like 3 states away.
We use it for my wife's restless leg thingy, and did away with her night sweats all together....but after about a month of everyday use at night time.
I'm sure the internet has hundreds of alternative type recipes.
Good luck!

AFOAF swears by, olive oil infused with 10-15 grams of cannabis. I read an Italian research paper many years ago now.
In a clean Mason Jar, (I use a hemp bag (HB) to hold the cannabis, placing it in the Mason.)
Place HB in Mason, add your quart of the best olive oil you can afford, add your seal and ring, then set the Mason on a trivet, add water in the pot, about 3/4's way up the Mason, simmer between 140f - 185f I check the oil itself, not the water, for 4-6 hours. I've read others work it up to 24 hours or more.
I use my cabbage/sauerkraut mashing stick to GENTLY prod the HB, like 3-4 times as it simmers.
We pour the infusion back into the same package it comes it.
We keep ours in the refrigerator, shake it well before use, we use a tablespoon as a portion.
Either as a salad dressing with a splash of Braggs apple vinegar. Or on toast/bread dab it, whatever works for you.
We made this for a lady 3 years or so ago, and gave her the recipe as she lived like 3 states away.
We use it for my wife's restless leg thingy, and did away with her night sweats all together....but after about a month of everyday use at night time.
I'm sure the internet has hundreds of alternative type recipes.
Good luck!
Very interesting. We will give this a try. Thank you

i make cbd canna pills. i have diverticulitis and it helps greatly. a cbd tincture taken under the tongue is an even faster delivery method. i like the canna pills for slower release.

your gut has an extensive endocannabinoid system, and it is there for a reason. anyone with crohns, ibs, diverticulitis, etc, should be on a cbd regime.

i also make a low dose thc canna pill for adhd control. insanely effective, and can help with pain associated with diverticulitis attacks as a bonus.

i use cbd oil or 30mg cbd daily. And indica smoke for calming. But a strain that I can’t buy anymore but hope to grow soon and grow it is called cbd renne. Nothing came close to helping with my cronhs till I used that strain. If u can buy the seeds and grow it I would. Equal parts thc to cbd 6 and 6. But smells like blue berries and is super body high for me very sedative feeling that helped me relax and sleep and reduced imflamation of my bowls.

Looking for suggestions as to what works best for Crohn's Disease. Have been using 1 full dropper of MedReleaf "Midnight" at bedtime to sleep thru the night and 1 of "Avidekel" in the morning. Also, ocassionally juice a few leaves in my smoothie.
Off all the usual meds other than the cannabis oil due to a recent surgery. Cant kill the immune system where you're trying to heal.
Any ideas other than smoking it?
*I'm inquiring for someone else...*
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/new-study-marijuana-crohns/

RSO in a cup of tea or in edibles?

I second this - but I don’t use RSO (concentrated cannabis oil), I use my infused oils like this and find that 1:1 ratio of CBD and THC eaten with food or in a beverage goes straight to the actual intestine and soothes a whole lotta badness down.

I use the under the tongue dose with oils or vaping/smoking a lot of the time and once a day I eat or drink the dose and I eat or drink it to manage flares as well. And ‘manage’ is the word ... right! :)

Hi SOG, that’s a happy thing! What delivery methods is she using? And are there any ways of taking it that she thinks are more or less effective than others?
She is taking capsules that are made from the flowers that have been decarboxalated then ground into a fine powder and filled into 00 capsules. We tried multiple strains in coconut oil or olive oil but found this method works best for her

i'm wondering if suppositories might be effective for diverticulitis.. i do a heavy canna pill regimen right now.

oddly i've noticed an improvement when taking thc based pills alongside the cbd ones i always take. i'm not sure if it's coincidence, or a positive response. might double down and try for a while then discontinue to see, just don't wanna live the experiment lol ... :p

It doesnt surprise me at all that the THC pills are having good effect bluter - great news. :thumb: If it’s working keep going! Unless there are other effects you dont want.

Suppositories could indeed work really well - in case you haven’t seen it, and for anyone else interested, here’s a link to SUe’s thread on making them. I haven’t used suppositories myself yet but it is definitely something I will try at some stage.

Back
Top Bottom