Crohn's Disease

PFirefly, man... I hope that goes well for you. Honestly, what you mentioned is really the worst for our illness.. Fistulas... *shivers* Or at least to me! Seeing and hearing about that got my butt into high gear for getting better!

You do what you gotta do and get that removed! Man, I avoided surgery for too long. Felt amazing after I healed from surgery. I'll be sending good vibes!

And whats this about my money back guarantee on life not being good?! I thought it just didn't cover Ileums...

Thank-you so much. I'll always cherish prayers and good vibes, again thank-you for your thoughts THsea.

Have a safe and blessed weekend,

Rufus PFirefly

My teeth are starting to fall out because of lack of nutrition.

PFirefly,

Your teeth are falling out due to the prescriptions of the steroids.

Finally have a bit of time to look over things and noticed the Crohn's post and I have a few comments.

I have had Crohn's and IBs for well over 15 years now. Yes, stress causes flare's, food causes flare's, to rich of meals causes flares, Just about everything you can think of causes flares.
I have not had a year go by without flare's almost daily. The DR. put me on all the steroids, and anti inflammatory meds. none of the meds helped, well not interly true they cover up the sympton's so you dont notice as much pain, or rapid dumping with severe pain that continues threw the twists and bends of the digestive system until you dump. Then you are drained of all energy and have to lay down and rest.

About 3 years ago I had a sever flare. Laid in the bathroom floor and was screaming for my son to call 911. He could not hear me due to head phones and listening to his music. Well in between pain of crampings I managed to drag myself to the phone called 911 my self. The kid did not know anything was wrong until he seen the flashing lights. The emt's came in and found me. Put the blood pressure cuf on and my BP was 198 over 94. Needless to say they rushed me to the hospital. I to this day have not had a flare like that but like they say, it's for life. I know over the last 2 years I have had alot of tests and the colonoscopy showed I have over 25 fistula's. However since I have to be stealth about mj. The state does not offer mmj yet. I was on so much predisone that my teeth were effected severly. and instead of loosing weight I gained due to poor break down in the intestines, which in turns starts the flare's.

I was told by several doctors that it is not what you eat that cause's the flare's. It is the sugars and fats that do not absorb correctly. When not processed correctly by the body it only has one place to go and that is OUT.

Another by product of Crohn's is since your body digests very little due to inflamation, our red and white blood cells do not operate correctly and degrade our foods. But imagine having all the fats and sugars in your body turn to blockage's in you arteries. So the arterie's both big and small vessels start building up fat deposits and cut off circulation to your extremeties. Lack of blood cells and oxygen are deprives not only to the intestines but also to your other organ's the major one's Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, and last but no least the Brain and eye site. All blood viens large and small.
I have osteoporosis and a few other life threatening conditions. My Aortic bi-femoral artery was 98% clogged. I have a scar from sternum to pubic bone where I had to under go emergency surgery for a bypass.

I know cannabis works on Crohn's, a hit or 2 and conditions seem to relieve them selves'. But who can stay stoned all the time. Not me.

Good luck to those who are struggling with this but one last thing. stay off the script's they only coverup the disease not help to eliminate it.

Happy token.

I'm so glad to find 420 magazine today.:high-five:
Yes I'm 54yrs. old. I was diagnosed with Crohn's and Ulcerative colitis at 17yrs. old. I was never a candidate for surgery because I have both in all four quarters. But I was put in the hospital four plus months and made a guinea pig for Steroid Research. Scared me to death! I was one of the first documented cases remission with massive doses of Steroids.Psychiatry was brought in to try (Not! Can't be done) to balance the horrible Steroid High. I was just 17yrs. old and had just had my second son. Stayed away from doctors (thank God) till 1995 when I was put on 50mg.Steroids and T-cell meds. for Life! No Doctor from here to Salt Lake City,Utah would take me off. So I took myself off all meds. Then I spent sixteen yrs. on Hydrocodone and Fentanyl patches. Wrong at it's best only covered maybe 40% of my pain. But the worst part was the addiction. I took myself off that sh_t!!! four yrs. ago and I'm still to this day thankful when four hours pass and I don't have to feel addicted (O:~ Also I spent many yrs. on Xanax, Ativan. Yucky stuff! I wouldn't give this stuff to my dog. I dropped those meds in 95 when I was diagnosed with Adult ADHD. Stared on Adderall and my whole life changed (O:~ Been a smoker since I was fourteen. I'm the Happiest person I know. (yes I have LOTS of health problems.) Not a good part in me but I consider it a blessing and I rise Way Above All The Labels (O:~:thanks:

I'm so glad to find 420 magazine today.:high-five:
Yes I'm 54yrs. old. I was diagnosed with Crohn's and Ulcerative colitis at 17yrs. old. I was never a candidate for surgery because I have both in all four quarters. But I was put in the hospital four plus months and made a guinea pig for Steroid Research. Scared me to death! I was one of the first documented cases remission with massive doses of Steroids.Psychiatry was brought in to try (Not! Can't be done) to balance the horrible Steroid High. I was just 17yrs. old and had just had my second son. Stayed away from doctors (thank God) till 1995 when I was put on 50mg.Steroids and T-cell meds. for Life! No Doctor from here to Salt Lake City,Utah would take me off. So I took myself off all meds. Then I spent sixteen yrs. on Hydrocodone and Fentanyl patches. Wrong at it's best only covered maybe 40% of my pain. But the worst part was the addiction. I took myself off that sh_t!!! four yrs. ago and I'm still to this day thankful when four hours pass and I don't have to feel addicted (O:~ Also I spent many yrs. on Xanax, Ativan. Yucky stuff! I wouldn't give this stuff to my dog. I dropped those meds in 95 when I was diagnosed with Adult ADHD. Stared on Adderall and my whole life changed (O:~ Been a smoker since I was fourteen. I'm the Happiest person I know. (yes I have LOTS of health problems.) Not a good part in me but I consider it a blessing and I rise Way Above All The Labels (O:~:thanks:

This.. Confused me a bit! Glad to hear you were able to get off of narcotic pain killers, b*nzo's, steroids and those intereting "T-cell" immuno-suppressants that are all the rage now...I think that's what you said. I find cannabis to be better medication for my GI tract too.

You know, I've heard some high cbd sativa strains help with ADHD... Something to consider if you don't like addictive medications, because stimulant drugs used in ADHD therapies tend to all be amph*tamines of some sort... The one you mentioned certainly is. I cannot imagine them being good for crohns... Actually they are kind of just bad for you in general... Health wise... While painkiller type meds have the greater reputation for addiction... From what I've seen from people, stimulants seem to cultivate addiction even worst...

Honestly, I remember a doctor saying that the only two types of meds you can "abuse" and not have lasting effects to your mind/ body are cannabis and opi*tes... That is, if you abstain... Every time people hear is they tend to not believe it.. But it is true.

So a little background about me and Maryjane. I have Chrons Disease and I have to say it has been the best medicine for me. When I use prescription meds (pills from the Dr.) for pain and for regulation of my condition I've noticed minimal change if any when taken without my herbal meds. when I take my herbal meds alone I fell 100% better. No flare-ups at all. Now im not a Dr or have any scientific data to back up my results I just know how I feel. I personally dont think that it is or should be a substitute to my meds but it should be used with them.

when I take my herbal meds alone I fell 100% better
Sure you're not your doctor? Those chemicals you buy on a script aren't expected to actually cure your chronic ailment, are they? Your Big Pharma representative believes that there is no cure for Crohn's disease. I believe there is, through Gerson's therapy. Google that, I've bought the book... I don't want cancer though I've smoked for 48 years. I've avoided doctors for over ten years, and intend to shun their drug-pushing asses for the rest of my life.

Sure you're not your doctor? Those chemicals you buy on a script aren't expected to actually cure your chronic ailment, are they? Your Big Pharma representative believes that there is no cure for Crohn's disease. I believe there is, through Gerson's therapy. Google that, I've bought the book... I don't want cancer though I've smoked for 48 years. I've avoided doctors for over ten years, and intend to shun their drug-pushing asses for the rest of my life.

Thanks for the info I will check that out. your correct there is no current cure for the disease we just have to cope with it

Thanks for the info I will check that out. your correct there is no current cure for the disease we just have to cope with it

Technically, I believe its now starting to be considered an "Immune-deficient State"... Which I like a hell of a lot better than "disease" :)

There is scientific data out there, if it matters to you on WHY you feel better, not just that you do. Some of the studies are linked on this site, including a very interesting one about cannabinoids helping to repair intestinal mucosa damage... Which plays a part in our little issues. I'm no doctor either, just bored and like to read...

Just got a scope done (or I guess two, since they go endo/colonoscopies!)... Looks good! :thumb:
Two ulcers, but essentially everything is perfectly fine! Woohoo! Thank you :yummy:

Technically, I believe its now starting to be considered an "Immune-deficient State"... Which I like a hell of a lot better than "disease" :)
High THC, glad the probes showed good and glad I didn't have to see :smokin:

Only Big Pharmas drugs can be used legally to treat disease, so every problem must be called that. FDA does as they're told.
My favorite is Acid Reflux Disease. Chronic bad food causes chronic bad stomach condition. Does any sufferer get told flatly by their Doc to eat right and stop acting stupid? Hell no, customer's always right. "Want drugs, you've come to the right place."
Bottom line: If you don't need drugs you don't need doctors, so guess what they're going to tell you?
They don't sell weed, do they?

There is good Chronic ;)

Very cool thread. Decided to sign up for the site because of this. About me: - This could be a LONG story but will attempt to make it short as possible.

Currently 33 years old. Diagnosed with Crohn's at age 12, this after being misdiagnosed for 2 years. Parents finally told me that the Pediatrician kept telling them that I was anorexic. WTH?! Truth was I simply could not eat and lost a ton of weight. I've been through the ringer from Crohn's. I've been on every treatment available and they eventually quit working. At age 23 I was nearly a goner. I'm 6'0" and weighed 134 lbs. Luckily I came across some information about Northwestern Hospital in Chicago conducting Stem Cell Transplant Trials for people with severe Crohn's, and also for Lupus, Schleroderma and a few other things. 3 month process but 100% remission from the Stem Cell transplant. I'm talking NO meds. After 4 years of remission I decided to go back to school for Nursing. I was already a Tech at a mental health care facility for a number of years. BUT, school + work = STRESS, and Stress = body saying "Screw you, pal. Here comes an insane flare up!" That was 3 1/2 years ago and has been one thing after another since, so I've been sick as all hell. Talking colostomy, new fistula(s), Pyloric Stenosis, serious reflux, Aspiration Pneumonia came next...(it's from reflux coming up and food passes into your lung(s) & causes bad infection), then surgery on a new abdominal fistula that connects to my ostomy stoma internally, so certain things pass through this fistula and it hurts like hell. ALL of this taking place in just the last 3 1/2 to 4 years. I could go on but I'll STHU about all that.

SO, why I ended up here?: Well, the pyloric stenosis and bouts of pneumonia became a huge issue and so I finally ended up having a Gastrojejunostomy surgery just 3 weeks ago. They bypassed my stenosis / blockage because food couldn't pass, and hooked stomach up to small intestine. At one point during all of this, I weighed 170 lbs. Went down gradually. By surgery time I was 148 lbs with the hospital gown on. I get Remicade infusions every 4 weeks. Had most recent one last Wednesday and weighed in at a whopping 146 lbs with jeans, shoes and 2 shirts. Not good. I'm extremely malnourished, have no appetite, get stomach pains when I actually do eat most things, and struggling with side effect of the surgery called 'Gastric Dumping Syndrome', which is horrible! Apparently my new stomach cannot tolerate certain foods and/or drinks, so when that happens it randomly dumps all stomach contents into the small intestine at once, causing insane stomach pain, dizziness, light headed, nausea, feel like you're on fire & like you might pass out. Lasts for about 20 minutes or so. This causes anxiety about eating. If I get into the 130s, I'm betting my GI doc will want me to be tube fed. Been there, done that, and it's annoying because TPN has to run for 12 to 14 hours, which means you're hooked up to a bag via PICC line that entire time. SOOO enter mj. I've only done it a few times in my life and the last time had to be like 6 years ago. I've thought of trying it to see if it helps with my Crohn's a number of times. I've done quite a bit of research on it, however, I never followed through. I've had nurses and even at least 2 doctors tell me that I'd most likely benefit from the mj. Essentially it should help by boosting my appetite, help with nausea, stomach pains (which I've used prescribed narc*tics for numerous years), and anxiety (in which I've been on x*anax to treat for a very long time). The meds I take for pain and anxiety are insanely addictive. SO hard to kick entirely, and horrible withdraw effects. Also, the THC is said to help greatly with inflammation. Now I admit to not being real comfortable with trying mj to help me out with all of my medical issues. A tad worried of surprise pee tests from the pain doc, but more so because it's not exactly approved for medical purposes in the area that I live. But I feel like I've GOT to do and/or try something! The standard approach has just never worked very long for me. In the meantime, my ribs are becoming visible and my weight + malnourishment + fatigue keep getting worse as well as a number of other things. So I've decided to give this a shot and see if it helps out at all. I was actually doing a little more research and came upon this site and this particular thread of the message board, then decided to make an account. I will eventually update here and share my thoughts / findings. Hopefully others may add to this. ---- Lastly, apologies for writing a book! I tried to keep it as short as possible but my story is so long and complicated, so it's difficult.

Hello everyone, this is a very informative thread. I have a very good friend that has Crohn's and it isn't getting any better. He's had it for years and after a scope venture yesterday they aren't liking what they see. I was wondering if anyone has used the Rich Simpson oil and using it like going after cancer. it has the healing properties to take care of a lot of different cancers so why wouldn't it heal and repair the colon. Just wonder if this has been tried.

I was woundering what is the best type of marijuana for chronic pain and crohns,I have had 12 surgeries and only half of a small intestine left everything else is gone and I have a perminate ostomy.I am on 100 of fentanyl every 2days and dilaudid 4mg for break threw pain and it barly works.thank you

I was woundering what is the best type of marijuana for chronic pain and crohns,I have had 12 surgeries and only half of a small intestine left everything else is gone and I have a perminate ostomy.I am on 100 of fentanyl every 2days and dilaudid 4mg for break threw pain and it barly works.thank you

I am in a similar situation as you are. Several years ago I was using 3-100mcrgm patches all at once and changing every other day plus 40 Mg oxycodone for break through. I also have had nine or ten resections and illiostomy. I had to stop using remicade, humira, and cymzia because I was getting bad infections that required even more surgery. I have found that mostly powerful indicate strains work best for the pain. I haven't tried them all yet but plan to if I live that long. I started using cannabis meds about 3 yrs ago and haven't been on any other crohn's meds or pain meds since. I have not had surgery or even been in the hospital either. Before cannabis I was going to the bathroom 20 - 30 times per day and night. Had to use a fuc$%&n diaper at night. The very first day I took some oil orally and it immediately slowed the bowels down to going 5 - 10 times per day and I actually woke up if I had to go at night instead of waking up with a liquid acid mess that burned like hell. For myself I have found that edibles combined with vapeing work best. I eat about a quarter gram of oil before bed and vape or smoke throughout the day also. I have had much benifit mentally from cannabis also. Depression and anxiety are nearly non-existant and I can eat like a slob. Many of the "berry" strains work well for crohn's symptoms. Blueberry, blackberry, shishkaberry etc. This plant is a miricle in my oppinion and it is a crime to keep this knowledge secret. I wish you the best and hope you can get the results that I have. Peace.

Hello PFirefly Here,

Last time I talked with you fine folks I thought I was going to die from this dreaded disease. I had weighed 165 lbs. in June of 2012 and by the end of August 2012 I weighed 117 lbs. I could not not keep anything in or anything down. After the colonoscopy and fititula removal they biopsied 72 sites in my large intestine alone. Thank God I was cancer free but that does not mean I will remain so with that many polyps. I could not gain a single pound. I just kept losing pounds. And for someone to say I was losing teeth because of prednisone is a joke and a travesty. If you are going to feel compelled to coment on something you have no experience with, stay on the safe side and keep your trap shut. I am angry that we have a government with these facts at their fingertips and choose to lie and cover up all for the sake of PAC's and their donation MONEY. These are REAL humans suffering and dying for God's sake. I was hoping for death to be honest. I read an earlier post on this link by someone who clearly has not had the experience nor the severity of this disease suggesting western medicine was the your only hope and salvation. I am alive to tell you that is pure big pharma bullshit. If I had kept taking the regimine of drugs, asacol, prednisone, plasmapherises, humara , dialysis in extreme cases, and liver cysts consisting of stage three hepatitis from all big pharma drugs. IF I had continued down the "trust your doctor, "God", he knows best, I WOULD be dead, and bankrupt. I can testify that these drugs do absolutely nothing but worsen your condition while adding deadly toxins to an already compromised immune system. This nation needs to wake up and do it quick. Cannabis is safe as milk while the big pharma drugs are making big money off of other peoples misfortunes, and are just as toxic as scheduled doses of chemo.

I finally got myself on track by smoking large quantities, at first, of heavy Indica's. Hashberry, blueberry, querkle, white widow. violator kush, God bud, Tahoe OG,and the wonderful people at CBD crew meds (excellent process). Every month the Cannabis industry are coming out with much more viable plants to help whatever ails you.Thank God for this miracle plant. My hope would be to get all of the big wigs at FDA, DEA, Indivudual states health boards hooked on OXY, Fentynyl and the other nefaruious pain killers and then take them off of them without warning. That goes for the prednisone, asacol, humara, plasmaphereses etc.... Maybe then they might reaslize that there is something more important than an American dollar. And that is human dignity. Because this disease and the prescriptions you have to take with it leave you with no dignity whatsoever.

After I started gaining weight again I was able to not have to smoke so much. But the way I was feeling, being that stoned for that short period of time was like a gift from God. Now when I smoke it's pretty much to maintain so that I do not ever get that sick again OR EVER TRUST A DOCTOR LIKE I ONCE DID. They are not God. They love to act like they are but they aren't. Last I checked, Jesus wasn't a liar or a noney grubber.

Please pardon my rant. But my blood bolils when I know that their is a viable medicine being denied to people who are really very sick, are not allowed access to the medicine, just so politicians and big pharma can keep making their money off the deaths and misery off of others. If there is a hell, and I wouldn't wish hell on anyone, but these folks shoulb be worried about it to say the least. But I guess that would require a conscious wouldn't it?

Truly and blessing to all my brothers and sisters,
PFirefly

Hello again,

I need to add something to my post that I just wrote. I mentioned the FDA, DEA, state health boards etc... and getting them on their own medicines and then taking them off. I want to be very clear on this. I would never do that to another human no matter what their behavior from their past may have been. It's wrong and I would not intentionally have someone else suffer regardless of the situation. This includes animals. I hate to see any living thing suffer and I would not want to do that to my own soul, period.

Blessings to all, even those whom are misguided,

PFirefly

awesome awesome thread, i wont get into my whole story as much of you are dealing with it alot worse then me..but i have been talking to a few people who smoke cannabis for their crohns and im hearing strains high in myrcene terpenes really help. i only know 1 strain forsure and thats white widow..does anyone know of any other strains high in myrcene terpenes? it really does help. and thanks to everyone in this thread..

Great thread, Thanks to All!

I'm new here, but have had psoriatic arthritis and it's attendant syndromes, treatments, and side effects for 25 years or so and now seem to be trying to lapse into a bit of Chron's as well. Basic nutritional/digestive issues from birth seem to have slapped my immune system silly.

I've been dedicated about diet and exercise with great results for the past several years, reducing my former stack of scripts to one (golimumab) for the arthritis. Things like daily exercise, a freakishly restrictive diet, yoga, and meditation are all definitely helping more than all the steroids and pain meds ever came near to doing. I feel much better over all, and my weight seems to have quit dropping for now. Low, but at least stable over the past year.

It is important to note that my doc's and their staffs did great things to arrest my disease and have kept me out of a wheelchair and more or less functional. The drugs are good at stopping the disease progress, but I view them as acute care wherever possible. For chronic use they are all slow killers.

A few years ago I retired and started smoking weed for the various benefits. My overall inflammation levels have dropped well as a result, and the digestive issues are inconvenient but manageable. The munchies never really seemed to develop, but I can at least eat and I'm generally hungry on an almost daily basis.

Recently I've started making herb tea with buds from a White Widow sorta looking plant I grew from found seed. It settles my stomach like nothing else I can imagine. The mental side effects are greatly reduced compared to smoking. I dump a half teaspoon per cup of ground herb and the water into my mini crock pot for three hours or so, strain out the roughage and serve it with honey. Yummy!

I'm going to have a ball looking around 420mag - looks like a wealth of information that I really do need here. Feel free to aim me in good directions.

Back
Top Bottom