Crop King seeds are bunk

emanymton

Ordered 5 white widow auto seeds to try out company. Ordered them the same day I ordered some from Amsterdam. They arrived a day apart. Sad considering one company was half a world away and crop king is in canada. The seeds themselves are terrible. Of the 5, 1 was an empty husk, two did not germinate and of the two that did neither ended up breaking soil. I emailed crop king and "lisa" a fake name for whoever answers told me to call during business hours. When I said that was ridiculous she berated me as a waste of time and told me any negative review I would post would be lost among the glowing reviews of the largest seed company in the world. They are not even the largesy in Canada, and I suspect their strains are all dutch knock offs with bad genetics.

Im sorry for your loss. This is one of my fears ordering seeds. Ive read sooo many good things on these threads regarding Cropkings. I know theyre a sponsor but many on this forum have used them w wonderful results. How did you germinate? Some seeds like to be germinated differently. Another worry of mine is handling while shipping. I had my own buisness and my biggest problems came w handling. Even w Fragile on the pkg products still broke. Hopefully you can get more answers during " buisness hours". You'll get more bees w honey ;)
How did it go w the other seeds?

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

I used the only germination method they honor their guarantee with. Soak for 18 hoirs then place in a moist paper towel until tap root is a 1/2 cm. None of my crop king seeds ended up viable. The ones from amsterdam seed company have not broken soil yet, but the tap roots are much stronger looking.

Idk I've done 40 seeds so far from them and 37 popped so .... Good luck with your seed search brother

Sent from my Pixel using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It is more concerning that they gave you so much grief with support. Good support and good genetics from companies mean more money.
Canada and Europe used to be the only game in town. Now there are 1000s of seed banks and 10,000 knock offs. Knock offs of F-1 hybrids are F-2s where there is little consistency. It is not like it is expensive to have a web site and make a bunch of seeds.
Time to go back to co-op or barter system. As more states legalize it tips the scales more and more in our favor.

Yeah, not even an apology. Instant hostility. I have switched to another company. Amsterdam Marijuana seeds. The funny thing is, I asked a question about my order when it arrived, since one of the seeds looked funny, it was smaller and there were two halves of an empty husk in the bag as well. All I wanted to know from them was if I should bother to try and germ it or if I should just toss that one. They emailed me back within 2 hours saying it would probably germ but they are sending me some seeds just in case. Now that's customer service. I wasn't even looking for compensation. Crop king on the other hand, guarantees 80% germ rate, but makes you jump through hoops like calling during business hours and asking you to send ungermed seeds back.

Don't bother with Crop King they're strictly for newbies who don't know any better. You won't see any experienced growers dealing with them. There are lots of good seedbanks with good strains and good service.

I hope 420 wont delete this thread because it is a sponsor...

That would be the next kick in the guts aye... Good to know about CKS so i never even think of getting anything from them someda

... And... Yes... There are houndreds of other companies with great service and genetics to go for. Good luck

Current Grow Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - 420W DIY COB - SCROG 45W DIY Veg Light

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

I have germinated over 100 crop king seeds . There was only one pack that did not germinate for me and it was my fault i put them in too cold of a room. But i called them and they sent me a full pack of seeds never charged me a penny. Also i am no newbie. Can a newbie grow 1 lbs under 400w i dont think so. I trust them 100%. Very true genetics.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Any of use guys ever grew wire widdow from Dutch passion there a good offer on buy ten seeds get 10 free so like 100 euros for 20 feminised seeds plus a few freebies I would imagine I grew gorilla seeds version before what was nothing like widdow to me

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Dutch Passion has been around for years. Looks like a good deal to me. It may not be the Best White Widow out there you should be happy with them. Don't quote me but I do believe that Mr Nice Black Widow is the original W.W. if you want the best.

Sorry I haven't grown that one- I lean more towards sativa strains. I did grow a couple different Seedsman WWs a few years ago. Wasn't impressed. If you want the real WW it's at Mr Nice Seeds under the name of Black Widow. They have the original parent plants- changed the name after they got 100 copycats and knockoffs.

I have germinated over 100 crop king seeds . There was only one pack that did not germinate for me and it was my fault i put them in too cold of a room. But i called them and they sent me a full pack of seeds never charged me a penny. Also i am no newbie. Can a newbie grow 1 lbs under 400w i dont think so. I trust them 100%. Very true genetics.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

If ur growing 1lb under 400w hps..... teach me masta ;)

Thank you for sharing.
I want to order seeds but I never have. I don't know where to do my business, but it won't be crop King.

Sent from my Z832 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thank you for sharing.
I want to order seeds but I never have. I don't know where to do my business, but it won't be crop King.

I don't know what the regulations r but I'll go out on a limb here at the risk of being banned or cussed out. But a lil hole in the wall I like to use is peekseeds. Great quality seeds wonderful buzz (I've smoked almost all their strains ) excellent customer service. Iam just saying this cause I it's a free country, well where I am anyways lol. An I like to know of any good quality seed banks that r out there :)

Thank you so much. I will give them a try. Is there any strain you recommend for indoor growth or a favorite?

Back
Top Bottom