Crop King Seeds - White Widow & Super Silver Haze - Indoor

stevebass

Welcome All! This is my third journal, however it is my first time using known genetics. I'm stoked for this one!
I'm growing seeds I recently purchased from Crop King Seeds. I originally germinated three White Widows and three Super Silver Hazes however my soil planting technique likely ruined three, so I'm down to one WW and two SSH. Here are some details about my system;

4ftX4ft tent
Carbon filter and air exchanger
Small fan
600 watt MH on lightmover and reflector
Lamberts all purpose potting mix
Optimum Growth and Flower Nutes
B1 supplement until 2 weeks flower
OptiCal supplement all the way through
Sugar Shack supplement all the way through
GigaBoost supplement during flowering
8.8L pots

I plan to FIM and SCROG

Below is a pic of the first two girls, the third is 10 days younger.

IMG_00000131.jpg

Did you give them nutes too early? With soil, they shouldn't needs nutes until the last couple of weeks of veg.
That's my guess but I'm only on grow number 2 so not an expert.

Sent from my SM-G900I using 420

looking good steve.

almost ready for an up pot eh.

them blocks under em.......look mighty familiar. you put em together or did they come with something you bought? i'm going with bought.lol

You're right about early nutes killing seedlings so long as your soil contains nutrients. Apparently my soil is void of them so the guys at my local hydro shop suggest using them at half strength. I believe I plant my seeds too deep so I may try Jiffy pellets next time.

Did you give them nutes too early? With soil, they shouldn't needs nutes until the last couple of weeks of veg.
That's my guess but I'm only on grow number 2 so not an expert.

looking good steve.

almost ready for an up pot eh.

them blocks under em.......look mighty familiar. you put em together or did they come with something you bought? i'm going with bought.lol

LOL Just simple PT scrap wood I cut and put a few screws in. Plan to up pot around four sets of leaves and the FIM at six sets. There's been zero stretching so SCROG should be perfect this time.

You're right about early nutes killing seedlings so long as your soil contains nutrients. Apparently my soil is void of them so the guys at my local hydro shop suggest using them at half strength. I believe I plant my seeds too deep so I may try Jiffy pellets next time.
I've had great results with jiffy pellets, they should work a treat. Peat is your friend.

I'm gonna lay my ass around here and just stare into this grow tent if you don't mind,
do you have the 600 mh on ?
if so you should think of getting a smaller light for the seedling part, it's a bit overkill to use on 4 seedlings.
you aren't on your first grow so ... I'm just gonna puff on something and look at you do your stuff !:ganjamon::amen:

aahhh but it too can be screwed over with a jiffy pellet. please don't ask how I know.

super easy to over water. just as easy to sink the seed too deep as well.

I'm gonna lay my ass around here and just stare into this grow tent if you don't mind,
do you have the 600 mh on ?
if so you should think of getting a smaller light for the seedling part, it's a bit overkill to use on 4 seedlings.
you aren't on your first grow so ... I'm just gonna puff on something and look at you do your stuff !:ganjamon::amen:

Yeah the 600 is on from day 1. Certainly overkill so I have to distance it more in the first few weeks. I guess it's one way to eliminate stretching ;)

you do know that plants stretch to reach the lights right? lol

still, for the babies you gotta keep it high to start out. I never bother with a different light source for starting before.

you do know that plants stretch to reach the lights right? lol

still, for the babies you gotta keep it high to start out. I never bother with a different light source for starting before.

Yes higher to keep them away from the heat, but wouldn't a lamp with excessive wattage also be able to be placed further away without causing stretching? By stretching I mean excessive vertical growth.

well my buddy wouldn't hear me saying don't raise the lights too high, then he could not understand why his sprouts were lanky and wobbly as a drunks knees. i'm talking from sprouted to 5 inches in 2 days. no time for the fans to condition them stems. he had losses... a lot of losses.

you have to find the "happy medium". somewhere that the light doesn't feel hot on your hand at plant tops. so I start low and move up a couple inches at a time.

They say hold your hand over the plant for ten seconds and if you feel too much heat from the light it's too close.
Got to find the sweet spot.

aahhh but it too can be screwed over with a jiffy pellet. please don't ask how I know.

super easy to over water. just as easy to sink the seed too deep as well.

I have to agree with the Jiffy peat pellets. I had 50% start with those using veggie seeds. Some times the are wetter than they seem.
But if they are working for you, then keep going.
Happy Growing.

exactly my point rookie.

they can be wetter than they appear, and don't seem to drain very fast either.

exactly my point rookie.

they can be wetter than they appear, and don't seem to drain very fast either.

What is the rule of thumb for planting a germinated seed into soil. Should I pre wet the soil? I've seen people put them into dry soil and use a spray bottle to wet the surface after covering the seed. Maybe I just plant too deep?

Let me introduce you all to my second SSH. She's ten days younger but she lost a cotyledon to her seed so it was slow growing at first.

IMG_00000138.jpg

The other two ladies were up potted two days ago and Fim'd yesterday.

IMG_00000137.jpg
IMG_00000135.jpg
IMG_00000136.jpg

looks good.

as to depth of seed in soil. with theseyou don't want to be any deeper than they are long basically. some say 1/4" deep. that works too.

you could moisten your soil a few days prior, letting it almost dry in that time then plant and mist.

Back
Top Bottom