Crop King's Purple Kush Issues

Kip22

Hey all

Has anyone grown the crop kings purple kush? I'm a bit mystified here and thinking that maybe I got a crap/old batch of seeds... I popped 5 in water for bout 18 hours then to paper towel. I only got three roots and I planted those. The other two are at 18 days in paper towel wet and still nothing.

Now out of the three that shot roots only 2 came up and they are just looking sad. I popped a couple other seeds at the same time and those are doing well all the same medium. Probably twice the leaf size and happy looking. All are in straight pro mix no nutes and water PH 6.3 at 2 ppm from the tap. Temps are locked/controlled between 22and 23 celcius 71.5 and 73.5f. RH is floating around 50%.

Any ideas?

I would think after 18 days they are not going to pop IMHO. I have only grown one of those and it gave me a fight, but was early in my learning curve as when I was new to growing (2nd grow basically), so no idea if the seed or if a lot of it was on me. There is a link in my sig to that grow, as had a Thread just for that one if you want to check it out.

Thanks Dwight. Ya I've just been dreaming on the two dead ones..

I checked out yer journal and mine are strangely similar. I know the temp is good. I've got an inkbird temp controller on a heater and a second thermometer in there confirming good temp. I bought the seeds bout a year ago which is close to your grow. I wonder if its just a shit batch.

In any event I plan to take the best one and clone it cuz I finally built a small veg area :cool:. Assuming at least one makes it that long I'll have a bunch more goes at the same plant to see.

Your not alone with the purple kush problems. I got 7 seeds and only 1 has become a viable plant. 3 didn't germinate and 3 died before sprouting leaves. I have been growing since 1974 and have seen this problem before. The problems stem from unstable female plants chosen to feminize. The results are that only 1 seed in approximately 10 will become viable regardless of the methods employed. I have contacted CK about this issue, but haven't gotten a reply yet. Stay Tuned......

You can have a look at my journal. Growing a Purple Kush from seed now. A few seeds didn't take, a few died shortly after taking. I'm sure a lot is on me since this was my first time growing anything ever, but go check out the first few pages and you can see some of my journey. She is just about ready to be flipped to flower.

Link to my journal is in my signature, and I just made a post with a few pics of the Purple girl in this Crop King forum.

just dropped 2 seeds of purple kush 5 minutes ago got them from crop king 2 months ago , will let you know but I have always kept my seedlings in 24-26 degree Celsius any ways doesn't matter on the strain and using a 30 watt small led for the first 2 weeks on them till they have 2-3 sets of leaves .then transplant to a 10 gallon pot for the rest of their lives .

Was just on the CKS website,clicked purple kush seeds and this popped up.

"
Warning!

Purple Kush is a very warm blooded strain. Although the test batches at our facility continue to germinate well, we have noted customer failures traced to low temperatures. Please be sure that the germinating seeds are kept at or just above 23C.

"
Better late than never. What temp do they like after germinating, veg and flower?

I have only one purple kush left out of 5 and its right beside a mostly sativa hybrid that's twice the size and they both popped the same day.

Do yourselves a favour and call Crop king. No emails. My brother called about a rogue male seed in his feminized pack. They were all too happy to replace the seeds. Crop king deals with thousands of seeds a day, this Pink kush seems like the proverbial "problem child", to them. I'd see if I get a viable clone and if they're willing to replace them......steer clear of that choice lol.

@Kip22...... I'm exactly the same. I hold my girls as close to 22° Celsius as possible using the same inkbird thermostatic controller.

just don't get your plants over 85 degrees unless your are using co2 , I like to stay around 80 degrees and the kush family of plants do like it warmer and a lower rh I found in the past 40-45 rh works good till flower then 35-39 rh , but they are a little fussy I find, but great smoke and average yields , I agree that there are other breeds I would grow before this kush as a fairly new grower , I am just using up my last 2 purple kush seeds now ,(crop king ) more of a experiment as to see if it was me or the seeds them self , not sure if its a crop king seed problem or a breed problem curious to see if other people are having the same issue that bought from a different seed bank .I am a white widow fem, fan I have abused this breed and still done well with them -the energizer bunny of cannabis , I have only 6 crops completed and they have treated me good as to the new grower learning curve and purchasing equipment along the way .

hey got talking to a friend of mine today and he told me about the things he does for his grows and I really liked the new cool ideas and things he told me so I thought I might share with you .He only uses fabric pots but the 3 really different things he does and I had never heard of before was that he buys cheap glass kids marbles from the dollars store and puts about a 1 inch layer of sterilized marbles in the bottom of his pots 1st , then he puts his loam mix soil on top of the marbles , he says it allows the air in on the bottom of the pots and allows the water to drain out easier and it prevents over watering ,what he also does is he buys a product from a web site called monster gardens , these are called grow pro nx level pot elevators (10 in pack for about $25.00) ,he then sets his pots on top of these and then puts a 16 inch pot tray liner under the extenders to catch the water run off so he can test the ph and ppms of the soil run off after every watering , the extenders have large holes in them so air gets at the roots and the water gets to exit the pots so it prevents over watering and the majority of roots grow to the bottom of the pot , he told me the majority of growers worry about what the leaves look like and don't realize that by the time the leaves look sick the roots are already well on their way to dying , healthy roots make really happy leaves and great bud , , just ordered some elevators and picked up some marbles ,gonna this a go with my next grow , just some food for thought , let me know what you think ?

Another update on the crop kings website. I guess it went from an easy strain to grow to,"
Growing: Advanced only".

How many people toasted 60 bucks on these only to find out they were a warm blooded indica for advanced growers only.

So far I've figured out the hard way they are very warm blooded and super sensitive to nutes at least in veg.

I spent over $100. Got 1 out of 7 seeds growing or something. I would have ordered a different strain if it said "Advanced Only" as this was my first time growing. Oh well. The one plant I did get to take seems to be doing okay, even if it was touch and go and a super slow grower to start.

Grow bags are supposed to be really good because they help keep the roots well drained, probably don't need any marbles in them - they are expensive but re-usable. Bulky though so I may stick with regular pots - you can also use gravel on the bottom of the pot, just an inch or so over the drain holes.

Grow bags are supposed to be really good because they help keep the roots well drained, probably don't need any marbles in them - they are expensive but re-usable. Bulky though so I may stick with regular pots - you can also use gravel on the bottom of the pot, just an inch or so over the drain holes.

They seem to be working well for me, a first time grower. Also, no marbles.

My 1st seed just pop up at day 4 in rock-wool. I'm using a seed heat mat that keeps the seeds at 76 degrees and ph-ing the rock-wool at 5.5. I don't like transferring the seed from a paper towel to the medium of choice, because of a possible damaged tap root .

Back
Top Bottom