Cross Hemp & MJ Pollination

marcos haji

Hello to all,

I live in Lebanon Mid East. We do have hash cannabis here but it is difficult to obtain (since I do not yet know a direct source).
Anyways I was able to get a couple of seeds and I germinated 1 plant.
Of course with my luck it had to be a male.

Now my Q is I can find hemp seeds (bird feed), if I cross pollinate my hash Indica male with hemp females, how many generations will have to pass before I can transform the hemp into decent smoke?
I now most of you will tell me to just find good MJ seeds but that is quasi impossible for me.
I have collected Pollen from my male Indica hash plant.
Let us say I obtain the first gen, but I want to keep injecting more MJ traits in the hemp and I pollinate a second time and so on. (I know this will take a lot of time but I have the patience). Will I eventually obtain a decent bud to smoke? And how many generations to do so?
Thanks,
Marcos

Hi there Marcos,

Cross pollinating a female hemp plant with your cannabis male to produce THC containing seeds is a very creative solution to your problem, nice thinking! Plant genetics tend to be unpredictable, so it's hard to say exactly how much THC will be in your cross after each generation. However, I would think that even after the first cross you would have smokeable buds that would get you high.

You could probably assume that crossing the THC plant with the hemp plant would cut the THC level in half, but that would still leave you with 8% (if your Indica hash plant has about the same THC as the Afghani strain, which is usually 16%). After that, each following cross with the THC plant would boost the THC further, looking something like:

Generation 1 (F1): 8% THC
Generation 2 (F2) 12% THC
Generation 3 (F3) 14% THC
Generation 4 (F4) 15 % THC

The hemp may make the buds CBD heavy, but if that's a problem you can just keep crossing with the THC plant until you get your desired results.

I see this post is from a while ago, so I hope this response isn't too late. Good luck!

-ZT

Back
Top Bottom