Crown Royal & Sour Jack From Seed Ebb & Flow

kevmet

I am setting up my first Ebb and Flow Hydroponics system to see what kind of yields I can get.

About the strains
Crown Royal (x2) photo period and feminized
30% Sativa and 70% Indica
21.5% THC and 2.1% CBD
9 week flower time
they claim 400-500 grams per plant

Sour Jack (x2) photo period and feminized
70% Sativa and 30% Indica
16.75% THC and .25% CBD
9 week flower time
they claim 300 to 500 grams per plant

The Nutrients will be General Hydroponics Flora Micro, Flora Grow, Flora Bloom, CalMag and maybe some Big Bud and Bud Candy along the way
nutes.jpg

Day one soak the seeds, straight water no nutrients
seeds.jpg

Paper towel method and three days later we have tap roots
germination2.jpg

germination.jpg

I am using General Hydroponics Rapid Rooters for these girls

rapid rooter.jpg

Transplanted into the rooters
in plugs.jpg

and BAM they are poking their little heads out

popping.jpg

I also picked up a little T5 Light fixture for the seedling stage
t5 grow light.jpg

Now that the seedlings are well on their way it is time to finish cleaning out the grown tent from my last grow and start setting up the 3x3 flood table.

Attachments

• rapid rooter.jpg
    rapid rooter.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 23
  • tent.jpg
    tent.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 25
My last grow was two plants that started outdoors and I moved them inside to finish flowering. For me this was a huge mistake, I ended up bringing in spider mites and ended up having mold issues. I scrubbed the tent inside and out with a bleach and water solution. I will end up doing it one more time before I set up the Ebb and Flow table.

This is after the first cleaning

tent.jpg

tent2.jpg

This is a picture of the tray that came with the tent. I won't be using it during this grow and I will most likely through it out. I will most likely just cut a tarp down and line the bottom of the tent with it.
tent3.jpg

I will be building the Ebb/flow table and reservoir later on today. I will take some pics and post them up of the process.

Almost ready to get the seedlings transplanted into the rock wool cubes.
I picked up a 3’ x 3’ table and a few different bulkhead fittings.
12C1B8D5-9EBC-48A2-83D7-1AF79BAA7CA0.jpeg

Drilled a couple 1.25”” holes and realized the fitting that I grabbed for those size holes wouldn’t work so I stepped it up to 1.5”
36CD93AE-906C-4C06-90DB-18C14355B23C.jpeg

A2D1A649-3A01-4F86-8527-B22758D174C2.jpeg

Now I will be using 5.5” square rockwool cubes and I don’t know how high up the cube the water will need to be. My reservoir holds 20 gallons of water and that will get me almost 2” of water in the table before the pump starts sucking air but, i am more comfortable at 1” and dropping the reservoir to 15 gallons.
80E443FF-2A15-4A55-9461-5848592E8971.jpeg

6CBDD504-B863-4B65-8C60-E2EADA5F4FC2.jpeg

7A7E1A14-33C8-4991-9803-1E7132B29873.jpeg

9C58EF26-F727-4D6B-B3F0-A0355991EA5F.jpeg

My big question is will 1” be enough for the 5” cubes to wick the nutrients up for good root penetration?
Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

B carefull with rapid rooters seems crazy stuff with them I’ve never used them I only use rockwool try to stick with that but so far looks good wen u add ur bulkhead make shure u have both extensions on the drain one so it will flood all the way properly n as they get bigger u can take one off

The table is 3’ x 3’ x 5.5” high the reservoir is 27” wide x 18” Long x 12.5 “ high it says 64 litres on the side.

The table is 3’ x 3’ x 5.5” high the reservoir is 27” wide x 18” Long x 12.5 “ high it says 64 litres on the side.
Sounds good man

I couldn’t find any bulkhead kits at the 4 hydro stores near me. The closest thing I could find was a bunch of mixed pieces. I should have just ordered one online.

I couldn’t find any bulkhead kits at the 4 hydro stores near me. The closest thing I could find was a bunch of mixed pieces. I should have just ordered one online.
Yeah get a kit come with everything even the seals off amazing or something b ur beat bet less confusing

833C888F-1176-4EF1-9EF1-84A5B6AC3ADF.jpeg

All I could find is these two pieces.

I was thinking 1/2 hour soak an hour after lights on and another 1/2 hour soak 3 hours before lights go off.
Do you pre soak the cubes in ph balanced water for 12 hours before adding the rooted plugs?

and thank you for chiming I’m on this.

Think u only need to flood once veg twice or 3 times in flower cuz that rockwool goin to hold that water really well n the rockwools I’ll pre dunk in res before placing in table but that’s just me

Yes pre soak your rockwool, if you run into any problems go to 1 soak per day. Again rockwool holds onto water much more than coco.
We are in the same page brother boy I learned a lot over the years lol but yeah the rockwool could stay wet a long time

Back
Top Bottom