Crumbs To Brix: Archiweedies' Organic, 4x8

Hey Ween! I dropped my temps to 65F during the night cycle to try and express color on my flowering autos in the other half of my 4x8. They are nearly done and ready for chop so soon the tent will be all vegging plants.

The mothers- They are in Roots organic with Osmocote +. I imagine it would not be advisable to upcan to Docs kit. They were never meant to be part of this journal per se, but if folks are interested in seeing them I can share and document them as much as possible too. I was planning to flower them alongside my star pupils.
:passitleft:

Heya KB! Yea bro I’ll be more careful next time. I’m kicking myself because I stalled them more than anything else.
:high-five:

I would like to see them but that’s just me haha

The standard answer to that question is "no, never mind, everything is fine".

But to get more to the point, it's hard to tell why that first pair is failing. Most of the action in those largish pots is happening in the soil, and there can be hiccups along the way. And yes, this is the sort of thing that should make you think of DeStress. Doc doesn't advise using foliars before the 5th pair, but we use diluted DeStress on cuttings, so it's not going to cause a big problem.

If you want to, give it a shot of some half strength. The bottom pair will still fail, but it might also hook the roots up a little better. DS alters the root exudates to call for biota with a more foliage-oriented nutrient balance.

But instructions say to wait until 5 nodes.

Your call.

:Namaste:

Upon reviewing this post from earlier in the thread, I am ready to spray my first foliar of destress on the plants as I believe the situation now dictates. I've mixed a 1/4oz. of destress to 1/2quart of RO in my spray bottle. Lights on is 8pm so Ill spray right before-ish.
In other news, I harvested my autoflower grow in the other side of the 4x8 and have bumped humidity up to 65%RH for the most optimal veg environment. Im keeping heat higher with my oil-filled radiant heater. 82degrees 65%RH. I shut the HPS down for the time being so it is all the Perfect Sun Max Yield from here on. I must say the plants seemed to have grown overnight after getting the transplant drench and I think the Destress will help correct me if Im wrong.

I would like to see them but that’s just me haha
Hey Dutchie! Sure okay Ill show em' but they may have to be in something other than Docs kit as they are in Roots organic soil and I doubt thats advisable to upcan to DBHB soil. Ill wait for some input on that one.

Archie..please spray all foliars when the leaf 'stomatta' are open, otherwise your kind of wasting it. Stomata are open about an hour after lights 'on'. Why would you spray during lights off?
I mentioned that lights are ‘on’ at 8pm for me and that’s when I would spray.

Oh...gotcha...wait a while though. Takes about an hour. A tip when spraying the foliars. If you dont wanna get on your knees and spray from bottom up ...to get the undersides ...just use one hand to lift up and then spray. Some gets all over your hand and arm but it's how i do it sometimes.Cheers eh.:passitleft:
Okay perfect advice! Also, the booklet shows to spray the day after a drench. Is that correct?

Nice looking buds Archie! You mixed up a little too much destress, for the plants you have I would mix up about 2-3oz of water with 1-1.5ml of destress and you probably won't use it all. I think you can save for a week in the fridge, don't quote me that could be brix, but you probably won't need destress in less that 1 week. I never save any mixed foliars, just mix as close as I can to what'll be needed.

Nice looking buds Archie! You mixed up a little too much destress, for the plants you have I would mix up about 2-3oz of water with 1-1.5ml of destress and you probably won't use it all. I think you can save for a week in the fridge, don't quote me that could be brix, but you probably won't need destress in less that 1 week. I never save any mixed foliars, just mix as close as I can to what'll be needed.

Ahh whew glad I checked first. Thanks Ween!

A day or two/three, before or after a drink/Drench.
Thank you Duggan!

Mini update - hit the plants with their first destress foliar. That’s gonna take more practice haha. I’ll get some photos up here tomorrow.
Humidity has been great in the 60%RH range non stop. That’s what we want! Temps are between 72F and 82F (night and day, respectively).

For anyone following Destress can be kept for ten days, Brix cannot be kept apparently. I like the way destress smells :cool:

Thanks for looking :green_heart:

LOL, you'd be surprised! It's tricky getting underneath stuff ... and then it goes where you don't want/need it ... :confused: I hate it when my lights sizzle, y'know?

LOL, you'd be surprised! It's tricky getting underneath stuff ... and then it goes where you don't want/need it ... :confused: I hate it when my lights sizzle, y'know?
Yea I let it pool up on some of the leaves a bit.

I couldn’t sleep so I checked on em and decided to take their update pics.
8110DDE8-1113-4DF2-AFB2-31FBC460CED7.jpeg
DF9BA599-24FB-4C11-9BC4-47F36D64C1F1.jpeg
B2BFEB91-0A99-4E84-B888-4829D9393F7B.jpeg
9A717B46-C4FD-4E60-95BB-05FD54E53B6E.jpeg

Think I inadvertently fimmed the Durban when I topped.
F6917DCB-6B0E-4BA2-ABFF-31700FA3B3BF.jpeg
A63F8F3D-0172-4382-BA77-ED12253D3940.jpeg
7F27AFC3-3FF1-46C7-9825-018582D34915.jpeg

Here’s Blueberry:
BB1FEEFC-57DF-4E3D-98A3-8D4B387338EC.jpeg

The Bedroom Cookies cutting 2.1
A544353E-456D-442D-805B-BFB8A463C0CC.jpeg

Bedroom Cookies 1 (Mother)
B35C8A3F-5A4A-4ACF-8323-4ADD8DC8C433.jpeg
48B4323E-34B6-4EBE-B5F5-41DE76953EF3.jpeg

Bedroom Cookies 2 missed her photo shoot.

I'd ask what she was doing instead but I'm afraid of the answers!

How long since you FIM'd? I don't know if I fuck I missed or I fuck I missed the fuck I missed. I'm looking for clues...
Topped on Day 21. The clues for me was simply four nodes. instead of getting two tops from the typical topping I got four that are forming from the “topping” site. Maybe I just got lucky. I certainly wasn’t shooting for a fim.
In your pic I can’t see where the apical dominance has decided to redirect growth yet. You topped a couple days ago yea?

Back
Top Bottom