Crumbs To Brix: Archiweedies' Organic, 4x8

are you dunking or top feeding and at what strength. Which reminds me I need to order some more growth ionic :reading420magazine:

Top feeding and following Duggans measurements of 15ml drench to 1 gallon water and around .5ml of tea. The last drink all plants got were 1/4 Transplant so 3.5 -ish ml of Transplant to a gallon of RO and .5ml of tea again. Is this all correct to your mind KB?

Archiweedies,
I went from coco to organic living soil, and It's like your world slows down to a crawl. But so do the plants, in comparison to growing in coco. I'm thinking docs kit, using this same COM soil again, soon. I tryed it 1st. run with just the Stonington blend organic 5-2-4 nutrient & fishbone meal. No drenching, all from top, drenching 10 gl. bags sounds like to much for me. I've somehow got to fix this low humidity problem ?? Hard to grow anything with 25% rh, sometimes lower. Sick of hanging towels, but it's the best method I've found.
Your plants look about right to me for 34 days, but your lighting makes it hard to inspect your leaves. When you take pics, use plain floresent lighting and Improve your image. Hope you have a sucessful journal my friend. I'm sure those plants will come back strong, soon.
Does Doc Bud sell the HB products /without the mix for the HB soil. I'd like to use his kit and use commercial living soil. Is this doable ??

I also got sick of my RH problems and picked up a house of hydro 12 disc system and put it in a 27 gallon tote. Currently it’s controlled by my environmental controller but I have a inkbird coming as I believe it will be more accurate.

My deal was with any soil. I wanted to baby them to death? Never let them dry out almost? So i was fussing with them to much. Coco/hempy suits me well until vacation time.
I’m almost too patient and end up underwatering.
They look like they need to dry out almost to wilt.But i am not in soil anymore. Grain of salt.
Thanks for the suggestion Kismet, maybe I just need to let them have their space. I’ve been reading @Emilya ’s journal and the way she writes has me real mellow. I appreciate you stopping by brother.
Vicks Vaporizer. $15 @ Target or your local drug store! Watch out...or your walls will be dripping.
Saw em’ at Target the other day and thought about you man haha! Worst case you have an extra humidifier for a bedroom or something. My “humidifier”would make good fog if I ever do a show or something lol

Yeah that's good brother, if I remember correctly think you over watered at first? Maybe slowed down root development at first? Once you get the hang of the wet/dry cycle with soil the next grow will be a breeze :passitleft:

Archiweedies,
I went from coco to organic living soil, and It's like your world slows down to a crawl. But so do the plants, in comparison to growing in coco. I'm thinking docs kit, using this same COM soil again, soon. I tryed it 1st. run with just the Stonington blend organic 5-2-4 nutrient & fishbone meal. No drenching, all from top, drenching 10 gl. bags sounds like to much for me. I've somehow got to fix this low humidity problem ?? Hard to grow anything with 25% rh, sometimes lower. Sick of hanging towels, but it's the best method I've found.
Your plants look about right to me for 34 days, but your lighting makes it hard to inspect your leaves. When you take pics, use plain floresent lighting and Improve your image. Hope you have a sucessful journal my friend. I'm sure those plants will come back strong, soon.
Does Doc Bud sell the HB products /without the mix for the HB soil. I'd like to use his kit and use commercial living soil. Is this doable ??
Hey there, using Docs drenches and foliar in soil other than the amended soil recommended is not advisable. Doc has had these products made and tested in laboratories. They are all designed to work together, so all I can say is do this at your own risk. Sure its possible all will be well, but you're probably better off using the whole system. :passitleft:

Yup...all good info....tell ya'l sumpin....i ALWAYS include a splash of Tea...with ALL drinks and Drenches. When it's time for a straight water drink...i give some Tea too...just a lil ...a splash.....lmao....did ya hear that Gazoo,...just a 'splash'....lol.
remeber ...the Tea is very strong ...so only use a few mls. evry time. This helps keep the soil energy very high with new , added 'good critters'. cheers gang!

Yeah that's good brother, if I remember correctly think you over watered at first? Maybe slowed down root development at first? Once you get the hang of the wet/dry cycle with soil the next grow will be a breeze :passitleft:
Im not sure I overwatered or maybe watered sooner than others would have liked me too. At this point they are 36 days old and only been watered three times. Thats an average of once every ten days. I am having a hard time telling when the pot is lite. I seem to be doing a little better. I am keeping Darkscotias thread open and damn near following along with him to prevent any more foul-ups. :passitleft:
This one, on the other hand...
I should abandon ship? Ouch bro no faith.
Is just beginning. I will take an extended veg over pH calibration and ec readings any day :passitleft:
Yes gawd! I am so happy to potentially never need a ph meter again. I still have a blue lab ppm meter and they seem somewhat handy to keep around. Though I've never even seen someone mention testing any of the drench EC :hmmmm:

Hey there, using Docs drenches and foliar in soil other than the amended soil recommended is not advisable. Doc has had these products made and tested in laboratories. They are all designed to work together, so all I can say is do this at your own risk. Sure its possible all will be well, but you're probably better off using the whole system. :passitleft:
I felt confident that this was the correct answer, thank you for confirming 119! :welldone:
Idk, ima newb but I use a bit of tea every time I use drench... 1/4 trans 1/4 tea... that’s what I do anyway.
Im also glad to hear I did this right as well. I suppose if I was a good boy and followed the rules I would have just used straight RO water for this "watering" as their last drink was a regular transplant drench.

Yup...all good info....tell ya'l sumpin....i ALWAYS include a splash of Tea...with ALL drinks and Drenches. When it's time for a straight water drink...i give some Tea too...just a lil ...a splash.....lmao....did ya hear that Gazoo,...just a 'splash'....lol.
remeber ...the Tea is very strong ...so only use a few mls. evry time. This helps keep the soil energy very high with new , added 'good critters'. cheers gang!
Cheers Duggan thank you for also confirming the splash of tea. :thumb:

Nah man, I was just saying that I thought KB was saying this one was not going to be a breeze!
:p
This an Archiweedies journal Shed there will be no breeze lol! Remember last journal I went what twelve pages in before you pointed out I spelled my name wrong in the title!?! That's what you guys are dealing with okay:p:rofl::rofl:

I hear Ya :rofl: In my world a SPLASH = 1.5 Mils to 2 Mils

I add 1.5 to 2 Mils EACH & EVERY time I water in the 10s

What Daj said slow. Why don't you want to use docs recommended soil mix?

I am not sure you should use tea inn the 1/4 trans....? Anyone?

:passitleft:
Mainly, because my grow is on the 2d. floor and I don't have a lot of room for mixing & storing soil. Hard for to invision Docs blend ,made from promix, being much different than Coast of Maine Stonington blend, So-hum, or any other living soil. it's so much easier with 1.5 cu ft. bags. Hey look, I'm all for Doc and his products, but he's just another name in the game. I'll buy his 1.5 cu ft. bags, if he sells them. The bottom line is $$$ !!

I hear Ya :rofl: In my world a SPLASH = 1.5 Mils to 2 Mils

I add 1.5 to 2 Mils EACH & EVERY time I water in the 10s
You got it my brotha.....just a lil...a 'splash', is all that's necessary.

And Slowpuffer...after you do the math with Doc's gear , i mean everything, including the EWC's. and the ProMix, his 'kit' as we say , is the best value for the money, for many reasons. How bout 100% reliability , reuseabilty and repeatability, the three R's for this method. Smoking our weed is complete satisfaction . If you live in the States, things get even better with delivery costs at a ridiculous low , compared to others , Internationally. Do the math Slow , then visit a few of my/brixers past journals to see the rewards of using a highly mineralized , high brix soil. cheers Gazoo, Slow, and friends.

sent from my DeLorean...in the future!:ganjamon:

With the kit you need to buy the Promix and earthworm castings, everything else is included...
And really its base is Promix... but you then add the EWC & amendments and mix it all up and add water, then you let it cook for 30 days and you're good to go. As I think I said, this stuff wasn't mixed up in Docs backyard, he and a group of whitecoats spent a long time perfecting his products. Just saying that its not just the soil, the foliars and drenches are designed for Docs soil, his blend of PM, ECW, and amendments... Sure you can try it, but the results can't be guaranteed.
I know how you feel about trying to store all the soil, I have two kits worth and no space to keep it. My wife just loves me and my big storage tubs of soil in our bedroom:rofl:
I wish you the best of luck though, maybe someone can chime in if they have used Docs stuff with other soils.
I just don't see it working that well...

As you said 119, the kit's parts are designed as a complete , harmonious system. High Brix levels will be achieved using these products as designed. If not following directions, and using other products,...those high brix levels will NOT be achieved and the balance of the soil will be 'OFF'. It will simply not perform 'as advertised'.
If a grower wants to try this system...they WILL find a place to store the soil!
Cheers eh.

Back
Top Bottom