Crumbs To Brix: Archiweedies' Organic, 4x8

Here’s a better look y’all:

Here ya go @Itibitiguy

Cal mag def or phosphorus buddy ?

Patches for phosphorus

Spots for cal mag ?

Howvever the yellow sign to me is mag def ?

What you think buddy ?

Here ya go @Itibitiguy

Patches for phosphorus

Spots for cal mag ?

What you think buddy ?
I think Amy hit this one spot on. I haven't really had a good look at the brix kits.

:thumb: that’s kind of why a few have suggested slightly heavier feedings - the drenches have plenty ca and mg in :)

:eye-roll:tacoing

Yeah Amy the tacoing leaves kinda throws ya for loop.

Gotta sweet tent going here @Archiweedies :goodjob: hope you get your girl fixed up.

I'm not a hi brix grower but i wouldn't be afraid to add a bit of cal mag. Mid flower they really seem to feed heavier on it.
You’re right Kismet and I’ll be more attentive about this mid-flower fade issue. I’ve experienced it before and now I know that some strains are going to get hungrier than others at this time.
:thumb: that’s kind of why a few have suggested slightly heavier feedings - the drenches have plenty ca and mg in :)

:eye-roll:tacoing
I’m glad I recently bought bigger bottles of the drenches. :high-five:
Wow all looking great. The DP is looking awesome. If you Have close to the real deal (genetics) it's going to be killer.
Kickass.
Hi and welcome Lerugged! I’ve been told by my mentor that the Durban looks very sativa leaning, I’m not really a grow from clone kinda guy, aside from that mini Christmas tree in the tent back left corner :rofl:, but I did grab a few cuts from her after it was clear she had purple buds from jump street. Being in flower, they have yet to really start growing new leaves but roots are certainly going nuts in their solo cups. Just a matter of time before they start putting out fresh leaves.

Anyhow I’ve been told that true Durban is actually low THC by today’s standards but it’s the flavor that keeps people coming back. I’m like you and I hope it’s closer to the original.

Here ya go @Itibitiguy

Patches for phosphorus

Spots for cal mag ?

What you think buddy ?
Hey Joe! Thanks for calling some help for me. I love it when I can walk away from an issue and know what it is and how to prevent it. The last time I battled this, I was just holding on to try and ride it out through flower. Three autos still put out 12zips dry if I remember correctly. Imagine if I’d corrected the problem. :goof:

What are you waiting for!?!?:rofl:

On the Cal mag, a boost can also be found in snake oil, I can't remember if Archie said he has, was ordering or if that was in Magoos journal, ha!:rofl:

Heya Ween! Yep yep we got Snake Oil and I was glad I had it on hand already.
In summary, Durban got a heavy Trans Drench, then water, then the two Cationic Drenches. Before we administered the Cats, we hit the plant with Snake Oil in two different foliar sessions.
The same plan applies here however the timing isn’t quite as handy because delaying the Cat drenches any longer could be... well I’m not sure what will happen.
I know I’m Docs Q&A, deep flower cycle Cat Drenches had a negative effect on the size of his buds but the resin was of course ridiculous haha. I’ll admit, I’ve not looked at the cat timing thread as much as I probably should.

Cheers everyone!

I think Amy hit this one spot on. I haven't really had a good look at the brix kits.

Yeah Amy the tacoing leaves kinda throws ya for loop.

Gotta sweet tent going here @Archiweedies :goodjob: hope you get your girl fixed up.
Cheers itibitguy! Truthfully she’s kinda displayed tacoing on the upper leaves (closest to the light), which makes me feel like it’s light stress related. Maybe heat but the tents highest temp this grow was in veg at 90F. Had to reign in my 1000w DE HPS a little as she liked to keep things toasty lol.

Afternoon mr.Weedies I jumped to the last page as I had to say hello first before I go catch up a bit, but I see your Durban is from Dutch passion and I think the purple coloration of the bud is from the indica parentage of your Durban as I've seen the same Durban by Dutch passion grown locally here at home with the same coloration and its outside as well being summer so I can't say it's temps doing that....

Wow all looking great. The DP is looking awesome. If you Have close to the real deal (genetics) it's going to be killer.
Kickass.
Durban is from Dutch passion and I think the purple coloration of the bud is from the indica parentage of your Durban

Yeah - i heard from conradino yesterday that Dutch Passion’s Durban Poison is one that has Skunk worked into it to reduce flower time. It’s the same one that Van Stank grew and loved a lot and used in his cross DTF. So its not the landrace sativa - however it is very very good by all accounts - and who can go past the promise of a little purpple!?:D

Yep that unit can taco some leaves pretty quick.
Which reminds me guys temps have been unable to be controlled with the HPS even at 600w so rather than use the dual hose ac, I’ve turned all lighting responsibilities over to the Perfect Sun Max Yield which is performing amazingly now that we got the new unit back from Neil. Thanks Neil, if you read this! This light is really nice!
Afternoon mr.Weedies I jumped to the last page as I had to say hello first before I go catch up a bit, but I see your Durban is from Dutch passion and I think the purple coloration of the bud is from the indica parentage of your Durban as I've seen the same Durban by Dutch passion grown locally here at home with the same coloration and its outside as well being summer so I can't say it's temps doing that....
Hey Smeegol welcome my friend :hug:
I’m a big student of controlling my environment and I have made it a point to control my daytime/nighttime temps to give me a nice -10F difference in temps. 78F daytime to 68 nighttime so that could bring some color out in some strains that have that trait. But yeah this plant, you’re absolutely right, had purple buds from the beginning.
As soon as she preflowered I saw purple buds and almost immediately took cuts. I’ve only ever had purple coloring happen in leaves before and maybe an 1/8th of some purple bud one time.

Thanks for jumping in and don’t feel as though you need to read everything please. The real story here is that I’ve begun assimilation to Doc Buds kit. Also LST, better watering skills, supercropping, and general tomfoolery have all happened. Some more than others, some better than others haha!
Yeah - i heard from conradino yesterday that Dutch Passion’s Durban Poison is one that has Skunk worked into it to reduce flower time. It’s the same one that Van Stank grew and loved a lot and used in his cross DTF. So its not the landrace sativa - however it is very very good by all accounts - and who can go past the promise of a little purpple!?:D
Yeah I had been involved in a discussion with Van about his DTF and how much he loved his Durban parent that he used.

Duggan also gave me some pretty impressive history on Durban regarding its somewhat lower THC levels but incredible and unique taste.

I’m not so much interested in the potency as I am the effects it has on my mood. If it’s uplifting that’s a start towards me finding one of my staple strains. Purple just adds to the sexiness of the plant that’s for sure :snowboating:.

good journal to look up would be MajorPitas from a few years ago.. .he did the most awesome outdoor grow. ..was incredible watching him work it all summer.

So I thanked Duggs for this tip a while back - and now i’m wondering how I can find the good major’s journals. The 420 system keeps telling me there’s no user... i try to search and the username doesn’t come up... if anyone else can find him for us, please share!
:Namaste:

Which reminds me guys temps have been unable to be controlled with the HPS even at 600w so rather than use the dual hose ac, I’ve turned all lighting responsibilities over to the Perfect Sun Max Yield which is performing amazingly now that we got the new unit back from Neil. Thanks Neil, if you read this! This light is really nice!

Hey Smeegol welcome my friend :hug:
I’m a big student of controlling my environment and I have made it a point to control my daytime/nighttime temps to give me a nice -10F difference in temps. 78F daytime to 68 nighttime so that could bring some color out in some strains that have that trait. But yeah this plant, you’re absolutely right, had purple buds from the beginning.
As soon as she preflowered I saw purple buds and almost immediately took cuts. I’ve only ever had purple coloring happen in leaves before and maybe an 1/8th of some purple bud one time.

Thanks for jumping in and don’t feel as though you need to read everything please. The real story here is that I’ve begun assimilation to Doc Buds kit. Also LST, better watering skills, supercropping, and general tomfoolery have all happened. Some more than others, some better than others haha!

Yeah I had been involved in a discussion with Van about his DTF and how much he loved his Durban parent that he used.

Duggan also gave me some pretty impressive history on Durban regarding its somewhat lower THC levels but incredible and unique taste.

I’m not so much interested in the potency as I am the effects it has on my mood. If it’s uplifting that’s a start towards me finding one of my staple strains. Purple just adds to the sexiness of the plant that’s for sure :snowboating:.

I think I would much prefer Dutch passions DP cause if I think back to my school days, the 6 of us would go after school and sit at the end of the rugby field of a nearby school and we roll a 2-3 joints to go round of DP and we couldn't go anywhere for hours cause it was to racy and paranoia inducing.... :rofl::rofl:

So I thanked Duggs for this tip a while back - and now i’m wondering how I can find the good major’s journals. The 420 system keeps telling me there’s no user... i try to search and the username doesn’t come up... if anyone else can find him for us, please share!
With Gray’s help I found him.

Turns out that grow of his Duggs remembered was also a side by side with 2 plants in DBHBB and 2 of the same in organic soil. Looks great! I’m just diving into it now... :surf: I’ll drop teh link here in case Archie wants to check it out... or anyone else!

2 Girls & 1 Kit - Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors — Summer 2015

Thats it Amy....glad you found it with some help of course....:high-five: Major was/is a well respected grower and person around these parts. His two outdoor grow journals were quite something. He had many obstacles to overcome and he did just that bringing home two of the most high yielding , high quality outdoor , personal harvests i have ever seen. He did an amazing job...well journaled too. cheers Amy.....how do ya like his tent/cage .....i kept telling him throuout that last grow that he'd better get a bigger ladder....haha.

how do ya like his tent/cage .....i kept telling him throuout that last grow that he'd better get a bigger ladder....haha.
:thumb: I’ll look forward to that. I’m only on page 5 of his first. I’m reading text too, not just pics ;), so it may take a while to get through... I’ve got time! And it’s the little details i’ll Be looking out for :nomo::nerd-with-glasses:

Speaking of details - in case I forget this later Archi, i was reminded of something I had to be prompted do early on (thanks Gray!) that now is just second nature... wrap your pots in something to keep them from getting too hot. They bake in the sun and this can make teh roots unhappy. I wet the sack down on very hot days and have also, at Doc’s suggestion, put ice on top of the soil to help cool the roots. 68º doc says is ideal temp for roots.

:thumb: I’ll look forward to that. I’m only on page 5 of his first. I’m reading text too, not just pics ;), so it may take a while to get through... I’ve got time! And it’s the little details i’ll Be looking out for :nomo::nerd-with-glasses:

Speaking of details - in case I forget this later Archi, i was reminded of something I had to be prompted do early on (thanks Gray!) that now is just second nature... wrap your pots in something to keep them from getting too hot. They bake in the sun and this can make teh roots unhappy. I wet the sack down on very hot days and have also, at Doc’s suggestion, put ice on top of the soil to help cool the roots. 68º doc says is ideal temp for roots.
All great tips for outdoor growers this summer.:high-five:

I'll be dropping a DTF seed this spring. I'm sure there will be trimmings if you're interested!
The interest is strong in this one! I’m looking at that as a plant for my tent grow next fall.
If I can get decent at the outdoor growing, as in can make it to harvest without bugs eating them alive, I intend to do a outdoor grow and perhaps two grows in a row in the garage during the cooler months.

I can keep the plants happy in there with all the equipment but turning on the ac can be avoided by just planning my grows out better.
One day, when my kids are surely out of the house, I’m stealing a bedroom back and growing in there.

I think I would much prefer Dutch passions DP cause if I think back to my school days, the 6 of us would go after school and sit at the end of the rugby field of a nearby school and we roll a 2-3 joints to go round of DP and we couldn't go anywhere for hours cause it was to racy and paranoia inducing.... :rofl::rofl:
What a great story! :high-five:
With Gray’s help I found him.

Turns out that grow of his Duggs remembered was also a side by side with 2 plants in DBHBB and 2 of the same in organic soil. Looks great! I’m just diving into it now... :surf: I’ll drop teh link here in case Archie wants to check it out... or anyone else!

2 Girls & 1 Kit - Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors — Summer 2015

Thanks again AG!
Thats it Amy....glad you found it with some help of course....:high-five: Major was/is a well respected grower and person around these parts. His two outdoor grow journals were quite something. He had many obstacles to overcome and he did just that bringing home two of the most high yielding , high quality outdoor , personal harvests i have ever seen. He did an amazing job...well journaled too. cheers Amy.....how do ya like his tent/cage .....i kept telling him throuout that last grow that he'd better get a bigger ladder....haha.

All great tips for outdoor growers this summer.:high-five:
I am now tasking myself to read this journal before any more decisions about my outdoor grow is made.
If somehow Major PITA dissuades me from outdoor growing, Duggan, I’ve got two 30 gal fabric bags for my grow tent :snowboating:

Back
Top Bottom