Crumbs To Brix: Archiweedies' Organic, 4x8

I feel like I offended you, I hope that’s not the case. I’ll be honest I spent a long time trying to comprehend the feed rates and stuff and I’m still not sure I have it all sorted.
If you think you can help me avoid wasted water and product, I’m all ears. I hate the amount of wastewater from my RO and anything I can do to avoid that would be a plus.
I am a faithful student of Emilya’s watering methods ( link in sig for anyone not familiar) so I am fully confident I can soak a pot properly without dunking.

Hi SP! I am off and running now that you’re here!
i been watering with a one gl. sprayer. If i was in hurry, then i'd use other methods. Ha !! But that wand is nice and long, easy to distribute water, when I see a little water in saucer, I'm done. I use a turkey baster for the veg. tent. There again, if I didn't have all this time, It would be automated, quickly !! My new grow is the tops of my current grow, growing in 5 gl. bags of pure coco. I had all this nutrient left over, when I switched to super soil, and I didn't have $$ to buy new super soil, so i figure I'll use up that nutrient, and do another coco . I hate seeing $2-300 sitting there , and I didn't know what the shelf life is of this stuff was.
I'm very interested in learning how to use Docs kit. I'm in commercial super soil, and didn't use any teas, foliars, nothing. Just the nutrient made for the soil. (Stonington blend 5-2-4 & fish bone meal) And they didn't get anything till they were like 3 weeks into bloom. So I know that my grow can be improved. You & I both will benefit greatly from the knowledge base of the folks you got hanging here . My problem is it's Xmas and no $$ for supplies !! Happy Grand kids though !! Good luck !!

Yep Im on board with all that but if I make a 15ml/gallon solution and it's too much, I'd rather waste that than wast 2.5 gallons from the dunking deal. Either way, any leftover is getting used on my dry ass non420 plants right @InTheShed ?
I know & makes me angry when my house plants are looking better than my grow !!

i been watering with a one gl. sprayer. If i was in hurry, then i'd use other methods. Ha !! But that wand is nice and long, easy to distribute water, when I see a little water in saucer, I'm done. I use a turkey baster for the veg. tent. There again, if I didn't have all this time, It would be automated, quickly !! My new grow is the tops of my current grow, growing in 5 gl. bags of pure coco. I had all this nutrient left over, when I switched to super soil, and I didn't have $$ to buy new super soil, so i figure I'll use up that nutrient, and do another coco . I hate seeing $2-300 sitting there , and I didn't know what the shelf life is of this stuff was.
I'm very interested in learning how to use Docs kit. I'm in commercial super soil, and didn't use any teas, foliars, nothing. Just the nutrient made for the soil. (Stonington blend 5-2-4 & fish bone meal) And they didn't get anything till they were like 3 weeks into bloom. So I know that my grow can be improved. You & I both will benefit greatly from the knowledge base of the folks you got hanging here . My problem is it's Xmas and no $$ for supplies !! Happy Grand kids though !! Good luck !!
Ahh yea man love the grandbabies first for sure!
I agree we have alot to learn together, thats what makes :420:so darn beautiful!
I've been researching these " supersoils" at the same time I found Docs research and I am sold on Doc;s kit for myself (without even harvesting a plant yet!) but I have one of my good buddies a couple houses down that is old school man! He wants to plant a bean and harvest a monster! Well, Ive tried to give him clone after clone, autoflower after autoflower and he just hasn't had a good harvest. To make matters worse, he has grown a big plant before and is fully aware of what a tree it can turn into outdoors.

Long and short is, I want to build him a water only soil so that he can grow that monster. I hope he grows that thing 9 foot tall and the HOA comes in with their torches and pitchforks LOL. I've been doing alot of buildasoil research and Clackamas coot research lately.

That's a pretty light AW! So many fans it must be quality (or something like that). What's the coverage on it? And are they a sponsor ;).
The coverage is 5x5 for flower and yes they are a sponsor from our very own @LEDRF .Thanks again Neil Everything arrived perfectly and I am very pleased!

He's going to grow a tree outside in a pot? Better be a damn big pot! Most of the trees I've seen here are directly in the soil and fertilized.
Tree is relative haha but maybe I should put him in a 50 gallon geopot....

Ahh yea man love the grandbabies first for sure!
I agree we have alot to learn together, thats what makes :420:so darn beautiful!
I've been researching these " supersoils" at the same time I found Docs research and I am sold on Doc;s kit for myself (without even harvesting a plant yet!) but I have one of my good buddies a couple houses down that is old school man! He wants to plant a bean and harvest a monster! Well, Ive tried to give him clone after clone, autoflower after autoflower and he just hasn't had a good harvest. To make matters worse, he has grown a big plant before and is fully aware of what a tree it can turn into outdoors.

Long and short is, I want to build him a water only soil so that he can grow that monster. I hope he grows that thing 9 foot tall and the HOA comes in with their torches and pitchforks LOL. I've been doing alot of buildasoil research and Clackamas coot research lately.
yes, I've done some reading, and weighed the good with the bad. I don't think I'm gonna be carrying bales of promix to the 2d. floor, ever again. i'm looking for a commercial super soil, that will grow plants from seed to harvest. but I'm thinking teas and foliar sprays would be extremely beneficial to me. Let's see what it does for you .

Congrats on the new light! Looks familiar, ha!:rofl: I also have the goliath from Perfect Sun. Both BEASTS! I l like the max yields ability to dial it up and down. So you know, all of the fans only run when it's turned up, I think only 2 run when it's on low.

:passitleft:
Ahh thats a good tip! I'd love to hear your input on heat output from the fixture. Just standing next to it, my leg was warm haha!

yes, I've done some reading, and weighed the good with the bad. I don't think I'm gonna be carrying bales of promix to the 2d. floor, ever again. i'm looking for a commercial super soil, that will grow plants from seed to harvest. but I'm thinking teas and foliar sprays would be extremely beneficial to me. Let's see what it does for you .
Yea lets see what happens!

Right on, yea and as you and I discussed in your thread, Durban has a rep for being a finicky strain. I just decided to treat it like any other seed and it came up just fine. I do feel like starting in the soil is maybe more natural but I hate not being able to see it split the shell haha.

On the subject of seeds, here’s a look at what I scored during the Seedsman Halloween promo:

These are the strains of our lives...hahahaha

Hope you dont mind me pullin up a seat. Question for ya Archiweedies- a page or two back was a couple of pics of small non-420 plants. Would that be comfry, and/or stinging nettle by chance? I only ask because i've been thinking about growing some of these so called hyper-accumulators for my self, and my own little indoor grow.

These are the strains of our lives...hahahaha
Welcome LG2HM! Glad to have you ! Strains of our lives haha! Im dying right now lol! I have a friend whose son was an actor on Days haha!
Hope you dont mind me pullin up a seat. Question for ya Archiweedies- a page or two back was a couple of pics of small non-420 plants. Would that be comfry, and/or stinging nettle by chance? I only ask because i've been thinking about growing some of these so called hyper-accumulators for my self, and my own little indoor grow.
Hi Welcome Big Sparks! I'm afraid I'm just growing a little Romaine Lettuce, Kale, Onions, and one broccoli plant outside that is even more of a experiment than these in the tent! Shed wont leave me alone about how thirsty they are lol! You have my interest piqued though! Would you mind explaining hyper-accumulators? I'd be ecstatic to learn about them!

Ahh thats a good tip! I'd love to hear your input on heat output from the fixture. Just standing next to it, my leg was warm haha!

It obviously puts off a little heat but not too much. I ran it mostly in my very cold garage and didn't move it inside until late in flower. Inside, my tent was running low 80s. I have an under rug heater that goes under the tent and when that was on it was in the mid-high 80s so I put that on a timer to only be on during lights out and temps were perfect.

It obviously puts off a little heat but not too much. I ran it mostly in my very cold garage and didn't move it inside until late in flower. Inside, my tent was running low 80s. I have an under rug heater that goes under the tent and when that was on it was in the mid-high 80s so I put that on a timer to only be on during lights out and temps were perfect.

Hmm I wonder if thats the same type of mat that Duggan picked up recently. I've been running just the HPS in the tent thus far and it has definitely been warm enough in there without a heater. The garage is getting cold enough now that the tent is dipping sub 20C briefly until it warms up outside a little. I have a feeling my temps will be too low without the HPS.
Worst case, I put the heater back in.

Back
Top Bottom