Crumbs To Brix: Archiweedies' Organic, 4x8

Also wanted to mention that Doc's kit is not a standard LOS. Organic soil is made of a lot of organic matter to provide the nutrients, but Doc's kit uses minerals as the basis, in addition to the organic matter and microbes. It's a different theory to building soil.
Well said Shed! Reading the journal Emilya is running makes me realize theres more than one way to grow organically! Very detailed with the aerating teas and scoops of this, and scoops of that. :theband:

Nice Shed... thanks man. Great explanation there :passitleft:
Agreed. The thing that draws me to the kit is the people who grow with the kit seem to pump out beautiful plants, it allows me to throw away my ph pen, its able to be reused, and when brix levels are high enough the plant has better pest resistance if Im not mistaken. Imagine how big of a help that could be outdoors.

You got it my brotha.....just a lil...a 'splash', is all that's necessary.

And Slowpuffer...after you do the math with Doc's gear , i mean everything, including the EWC's. and the ProMix, his 'kit' as we say , is the best value for the money, for many reasons. How bout 100% reliability , reuseabilty and repeatability, the three R's for this method. Smoking our weed is complete satisfaction . If you live in the States, things get even better with delivery costs at a ridiculous low , compared to others , Internationally. Do the math Slow , then visit a few of my/brixers past journals to see the rewards of using a highly mineralized , high brix soil. cheers Gazoo, Slow, and friends.
Duggan, you are right, of course. I will buy the starter kit and try it. I'll find a spot for a 55 gl. trash pail some where. The promix & wiggle worm shit are 12 miles down the road. thank you !! I was flat out told that she wasn't gonna sleep in any room, that has worms growing. Maybe she'll let me have a tub or two of soil? i wont tell her about the worm poop !! in the mean while, I'm doing a coco grow, so we don't run out of smoke !! :surf: :surf:

sent from my DeLorean...in the future!:ganjamon:
With the kit you need to buy the Promix and earthworm castings, everything else is included...
And really its base is Promix... but you then add the EWC & amendments and mix it all up and add water, then you let it cook for 30 days and you're good to go. As I think I said, this stuff wasn't mixed up in Docs backyard, he and a group of whitecoats spent a long time perfecting his products. Just saying that its not just the soil, the foliars and drenches are designed for Docs soil, his blend of PM, ECW, and amendments... Sure you can try it, but the results can't be guaranteed.
I know how you feel about trying to store all the soil, I have two kits worth and no space to keep it. My wife just loves me and my big storage tubs of soil in our bedroom:rofl:
I wish you the best of luck though, maybe someone can chime in if they have used Docs stuff with other soils.
I just don't see it working that well...
I didn't mean that I was going to mix anything into my soil. I guess, I'll buy a small kit and experiment, for myself. Either way, I can't be manhandling 10 gl. bags of wet soil, so n I'm only assuming the small kit, will complete one grow ?

I didn't mean that I was going to mix anything into my soil. I guess, I'll buy a small kit and experiment, for myself. Either way, I can't be manhandling 10 gl. bags of wet soil, so n I'm only assuming the small kit, will complete one grow ?
The small kit will do six 7 gallon containers. I just ordered first run amendment and new promix HP so I can start cooking another batch. You need 20-30 pounds I believe of earth worm castings as well.
My biggest challengers keeping it at the recommended temp to cook. My wife is accepting of my ever-growing operation in the garage but it’s winter and I can’t heat the whole thing.

The small kit will do six 7 gallon containers. I just ordered first run amendment and new promix HP so I can start cooking another batch. You need 20-30 pounds I believe of earth worm castings as well.
My biggest challengers keeping it at the recommended temp to cook. My wife is accepting of my ever-growing operation in the garage but it’s winter and I can’t heat the whole thing.

I use a temp controlled SEEDLING matt under my Bins With the corded heat sensor in the center of the Bin
Works great been keeping in the zone for over a year

I didn't mean that I was going to mix anything into my soil. I guess, I'll buy a small kit and experiment, for myself. Either way, I can't be manhandling 10 gl. bags of wet soil, so n I'm only assuming the small kit, will complete one grow ?[/QUOTE]
im sorry man, but I just can’t see where we were saying anything about mixing stuff into your soil... we we’re taking abkit mixing the amendments with fresh Promix Hp...
:passitleft:

do you also insulate the containers?

Nothing more than a heavy sheet over them. They are down stairs 1st floor (Cement floors) raised off
the floors sitting on two chairs. Heating vents are closed so winter temps in the room are around 64+F when everything
is shut down. Bins stay good between 73 and 79 F, also noticed if I hand turn the soil the temp will rise so if
I notice the temps are staying at the low END I can just turn it some.

Room temp is Between 73 to 75 when running a grow.

Average temps in Bins 75F

do you also insulate the containers?
That’s a good idea! I insulated my dwc hydro reservoir with some of that reflective insulation you get from home improvement stores and it did work.
Nothing more than a heavy sheet over them. They are down stairs 1st floor (Cement floors) raised off
the floors sitting on two chairs. Heating vents are closed so winter temps in the room are around 64+F when everything
is shut down. Bins stay good between 73 and 79 F, also noticed if I hand turn the soil the temp will rise so if
I notice the temps are staying at the low END I can just turn it some.

Room temp is Between 73 to 75 when running a grow.

Average temps in Bins 75F
That’s genius Gazoo!
If I’m not mistaken, the kit will still’cook’ down into the 60’s but 70s are more optimal. What if I cooked it properly and then it got cold, like 50’s. Is the soil still cooked or has the microbial life been killed?

Maybe I should get some more 27 gallon totes and buy a heatmat for each one and stack em’ vertically. I could use one temp controlled outlet to control them all simultaneously. Either that or my sons room is about to be my soil cooking room while he’s at college :yahoo::theband:

Evenin to ya'l,...about the soil 'cook'....room temp is fine 65 to 75F. Microbes need time to eat and process the minerals and amendments in the soil.....when they 'break these things down ,the bye product is what our plants crave. The longer a soil cooks.. the 'hotter' it becomes. If its suddenly cooled , after its already been cooked....when warmed up and a lil tea added , things will be fine. Its already bin broken down,...by 'cooking' once , so.
Anyhow.. cheers .

Evenin to ya'l,...about the soil 'cook'....room temp is fine 65 to 75F. Microbes need time to eat and process the minerals and amendments in the soil.....when they 'break these things down ,the bye product is what our plants crave. The longer a soil cooks.. the 'hotter' it becomes. If its suddenly cooled , after its already been cooked....when warmed up and a lil tea added , things will be fine. Its already bin broken down,...by 'cooking' once , so.
Anyhow.. cheers .
Perfect! That would allow me to store the soil elsewhere after it’s been cooked. That helps make things way easier. My wife will appreciate me getting the tote out of our closet! :thanks:

The only thing I get to keep in my wife's closet is jars of weed that need burping! A tote of HB soil would never make it into the house ;).
Oh did I say our closet? I meant her closet.;)
By the way not an official update but here they were last night before Archi went bed time:
Blueberry
94C11DDD-DBC4-4952-BC85-344A7A36BC09.jpeg

Bedroom Cookies 2.1
8577AF46-40B2-421B-BC05-3C3B6F03D8BE.jpeg

Durban Poison

87714844-CC0B-438E-9FAD-DE89657512A0.jpeg

LST on Durban and Blueberry
28890461-C9F3-45F6-99A0-6345DDA9FE1A.jpeg

Bedroom Cookies 1
5BADB553-B925-4B9E-AB59-E35D3316E77C.jpeg

Bedroom Cookies 2
9C61CF0B-E214-4F5A-A7E6-6DD1CD030073.jpeg
F7E299A5-3724-4D7F-B4C7-76AFDB4B5AD3.jpeg

I know some might be worried about BC2’s appearance. She stays droopy cause she’s complaining about her 1 gallon container. They are in Roots Organic soil if I remember correctly and are about 50 days old or so.

Back
Top Bottom