Crumbs To Brix: Archiweedies' Organic, 4x8

BC2 so sad :confused:
I know. She’s the same age as BC1 and BC1 is happy enough after watering. I’ll upcan next chance I get. I’ve been indecisive about what soil to do for BC 1 & 2. They aren’t really part of the DBHB grow so I’ll probably do more Roots Organica with Osmocote Plus lust like my autos got last cycle.

I didn't mean that I was going to mix anything into my soil. I guess, I'll buy a small kit and experiment, for myself. Either way, I can't be manhandling 10 gl. bags of wet soil, so n I'm only assuming the small kit, will complete one grow ?
im sorry man, but I just can’t see where we were saying anything about mixing stuff into your soil... we we’re taking abkit mixing the amendments with fresh Promix Hp...
:passitleft:[/QUOTE]
I hear you on the promix, but I already got 40 gal of 1st. run COM, that I'd like to use. But either way, that's got to wait, as I've already started next two grows in straight coco. So I'll be hanging around pickin your all's brains, trying to learn more, so when I return to living soil, I'll be more prepared. i'm loving the smell & taste of the Inzane in the membrane strain, that i just harvested last week, in the COM, with no dunks, no high brix, no nothing, but the yield was 1/2 what it would have been, had I used doc buds kit. And I know Docs kit is made for promix only, but I'd bet it works with any good living soil. I will try it soon. And thanks, to all the Brixers !!

im sorry man, but I just can’t see where we were saying anything about mixing stuff into your soil... we we’re taking abkit mixing the amendments with fresh Promix Hp...
:passitleft:
I hear you on the promix, but I already got 40 gal of 1st. run COM, that I'd like to use. But either way, that's got to wait, as I've already started next two grows in straight coco. So I'll be hanging around pickin your all's brains, trying to learn more, so when I return to living soil, I'll be more prepared. i'm loving the smell & taste of the Inzane in the membrane strain, that i just harvested last week, in the COM, with no dunks, no high brix, no nothing, but the yield was 1/2 what it would have been, had I used doc buds kit. And I know Docs kit is made for promix only, but I'd bet it works with any good living soil. I will try it soon. And thanks, to all the Brixers !![/QUOTE]

Hey SP the kit is able to be used with Sunshine Mix #4 as well according to Doc.
Meanwhile, you could do as I did, and focus on other aspects to fine tune. I chose my last grow as a chance to really dial in the ol’ environment and watering practices.

Update Day 39 Veg
Upcanned my abused plants forgive me Ganja Gods for strangling these plants for so long. I decided to grab a couple bags of Mother Earth soil. I have no experience with it but my #gromie ( that’s grow homie :)) at the hydro store said it’s a good choice if aim looking for a quality soil that’s not as hot as FFOF. I was going to upcan to 7 gallon pots but they were out of them. I decided just to go with three gallon fabric pots for now. I have a few of those kicking around from all the autos I’ve ran.
F1658E80-C540-49D7-8D80-60E64A10215D.jpeg

0E7C26A1-6D64-479A-B65C-4DB7A4C5EA92.jpeg

C93890BF-1029-442F-8D97-5C1B88696522.jpeg

163A3772-17A4-4FB4-B09A-18D86A67A3A4.jpeg

I moved the light to the other side of the 4x8 and did a little housekeeping. If you look close you can see the ultrasonic fogger humidifier tote that I recently put together. The thing is a monster. 27 gallons lasts me weeks, especially with the new Inkbird humidistat I picked up recently. I am able to program it to maintain an exact RH to the exact number I want. I set it to maintain 62.5%RH as there is a bit of a swing between the humidity building and the exhaust fan removing some of the humidity. The ‘deadband’ I programmed is a 2.5%RH differential so when the RH hits 60%, the diy humidifier kicks on and raises the RH to around 64-65%RH by the time the sensor shuts off the humidifier.
It’s kicking ass :goodjob:

56A758A8-75E0-45C5-BFDB-18118EF8FDEE.jpeg

I gave Durban her first GE drench last night but no one else is ready for a drink yet.
I think I might give Durban a Brix spray soon. Should I and when? I know to spray, like Duggan said, after about an hour of lights on but how often and how soon after their drink?
Sorry I know I’m thick-headed on the foliars guys.

Hey Archie! So do you have 3 brix plants? The ones in white pots? What is the solo cup, non brix?

Yes you can brix, basically on any day but day of water feed and you could even do that if you were in a pinch. Best to wait til lights have been on for an hour. If you are only spraying 1 of those snall plants you will not need much at all, say 1oz of water with 1ml of brix and that would be enough for all 3 really.

I agree with you, but trying to make environmental changes, cost $$, and living on a fixed income, that's a tough task. at this time, hanging wet towels, and running humidifier, 24/7 is all I can do. But some how i keep yielding more than wife & I can consume. No RO, or store bought water. My tap water is 120-175ppm, and i'm sure ro water would be better. But It takes 4 gal of water to make one gl. ro, and that just don't sound like something my landlord (or I) would want. Ha !! But even if I'm limited, I still keep trying !! I totally agree with the theory, that complete organic growing is best for human species. If organic farming was the best yielding method, farmers wouldn't be fertilizing their fields with poison. Animal shit and native dirt seemed to work just fine back in the day. Maybe a little lime. Now, we don't know what we're eating, unless we personally grow it !! Very sad !! Occasionally I smoke a little dispensary weed, and that's really sad !! they still don't understand that curing is as important as growing it !! Hope all is well in Archi's garage ?

That up-can is going to make some sad plant very happy! Love the smoking tote :thumb:.

Yea the upcan was clearly overdue, cant wait to see how they like the new digs. I noticed the mother plant that looks healthier, her roots werent anywhere near as developed as the other. Any thoughts on whats up there?
Hey Archie! So do you have 3 brix plants? The ones in white pots? What is the solo cup, non brix?

Yes you can brix, basically on any day but day of water feed and you could even do that if you were in a pinch. Best to wait til lights have been on for an hour. If you are only spraying 1 of those snall plants you will not need much at all, say 1oz of water with 1ml of brix and that would be enough for all 3 really.

Right Ween, I have one untopped cutting, BC 2.1( a cut from Mrs droopy pants) and a cut from the healthy looking mom (in the solo, BC 1.1) Then I have the Durban and Blueberry.

Of the six plants, the three white containers are the DBHBB plants. I will definitely flower them and the two mothers. The solo cup cutting is really there just to soak up the rays in the nice climate controlled tent before I flip. I will be taking more cuts prior to flip as well.

I hate to mix up Brix for just one plant. Should I wait until the other plants get a GE drench?

I agree with you, but trying to make environmental changes, cost $$, and living on a fixed income, that's a tough task. at this time, hanging wet towels, and running humidifier, 24/7 is all I can do. But some how i keep yielding more than wife & I can consume. No RO, or store bought water. My tap water is 120-175ppm, and i'm sure ro water would be better. But It takes 4 gal of water to make one gl. ro, and that just don't sound like something my landlord (or I) would want. Ha !! But even if I'm limited, I still keep trying !! I totally agree with the theory, that complete organic growing is best for human species. If organic farming was the best yielding method, farmers wouldn't be fertilizing their fields with poison. Animal shit and native dirt seemed to work just fine back in the day. Maybe a little lime. Now, we don't know what we're eating, unless we personally grow it !! Very sad !! Occasionally I smoke a little dispensary weed, and that's really sad !! they still don't understand that curing is as important as growing it !! Hope all is well in Archi's garage ?
Haha I hear ya SP and honestly if what youre doing is working, no need throwing money away. I struggle with the waste of RO as well, luckily my fancy humidifier has a 27 gallon reservoir and doesnt mind the RO waste water. Doesnt leave a white film like my tap water does from a humidifier.
Im with you on the organic aspect, Ive yet to really try organic cannabis. I cant wait. All is well in the garage at the moment yessiree!

No, those plants all have 5 nodes right, they're at least 21 days old. Brix them all then wait 10-14 days and brix again.

One other thing I noticed, it looks like your max yield is on flower mode but your plants are in veg. Am I correct? In veg mode about 1/2 the lights should be on.....

No, those plants all have 5 nodes right, they're at least 21 days old. Brix them all then wait 10-14 days and brix again.

One other thing I noticed, it looks like your max yield is on flower mode but your plants are in veg. Am I correct? In veg mode about 1/2 the lights should be on.....
Oh yea they are almost twice that age and were topped at the fifth node weeks ago...
Yes you are correct flower switch is on..hell all switches are on man! I thought I should just go full tilt with it! Tell me straight Ween!
He's a light hog!
Its true, but I tried to share with you lol!!
Hey Duggan!

I'm really no light expert, or anything for that matter but I was thinking the switches had something to do with light spectrum that is good ln veg then good ln flower so have been using the light ln that way. I'll tag @LEDRF but don't see him much on the mag anymore, maybe he'll stop by and give some input. It's certainly a lot brighter with all switches on!

Brix them all then wait 10-14 days and brix again.
I assume this is because you alternate Transplant - Regular watering - GE and that should be a week and a half or so? Otherwise the booklet that comes with the kit does not say much about the timing of foliars nor does it mention only spraying Brix once every 10 -14 days. This is where my confusion comes from, there are the directions and then there are all of the other things the directions doesnt say....

as far as the light goes, I had people tell me to use all the switches even in veg when I had my mars hydro light on my first grow or two. I suppose that was my thought process. Love to hear from Neil

Directions say to brix every 7-10 days but I've seen a lot of vet brixxers go 10-14 so that's what I do. The timing of foliars have nothing to do with the feed schedule except were not supposed to brix same day as feed/water. I hope this makes sense.
It’s certainly possible I missed the directions about the foliars but it’s not in the section on the pamphlet that talks about foliars or anywhere else I see on there.
CAAD16E7-DD56-48B3-8783-E5E4385E4FB1.png

Best time to FOLIAR is the day after a water. The girls will close off the Stomata if they think they
are in a drought so Brixing at the end of a dry cycle will still be OK but better to do after a watering
instead of just before
Thanks Gazoo :thanks:
If I understand correctly, Brix is sprayed only once. This is done after lights on for approximately an hour, and the day after a GE drench. Correct?
De-stress follows the same next day rules and after an hour lights on? Do I understand correctly that We can spray this whenever the plant doesn’t look “great” as Doc would say?

Back
Top Bottom