Crumbs To Brix: Archiweedies' Organic, 4x8

Archie and Ween...yes, there are many ways to achieve success with our kit...no doubt. I will let alone now. I'm just giving my recomendations , Archie will do as he sees fit. For me....a sure fire way to turn the health of these plants around , is to transplant right now into final pots and give a Transplant Drench w/Tea. Yes , i know they are not that developed or big yet....i'm just saying what will be a 100% cure, is all. 10 kit users will have 10 different ideas...these are mine...cheers. From now on i will stay away from journals i am not directly mentoring...like Lefty's, or at least shut my mouth. At the beginning , i told Lefty i would help him achieve a very successful first crop...but he has to listen to me...and only me...otherwise , just like u said Ween...way too many solutions to the same issue can be very confusing for some...i apologize.
Ahh I hope I didnt sound as though I am ungrateful Duggan because ts the exact opposite.
I am confused, let me state that. For a new person growing in the kit, it feels like there is the recommended way and then there are the advanced ways to utilize the kit. I set out to follow Docs advice intently, I failed that. Topping a plant Ive never grown is an example. I am interested in having a mentor where do I sign up? ;) I am also naturally a person who wonders often if I am doing a procedure correctly, which instills self-doubt. Second guessing yourself all the time will drive ya mad I tell ya. :Namaste:
If upcanning is your recommendation, Im ready and able to do it up. I have some 7 or 10 gallon and Im saving a 15 gallon just cause I know you like em' bigger. ;) Though 15 gal is but a baby in your grow lol. Whatever you decide, I'd also urge you to keep hitting me with the tough love sir! I've been on this site a couple years now and I am not going anywhere. Hopefully, I can return the favor to you and all the other amazing people that have stopped by and helped out here.

Duggan, please, please do not stop giving advice and helping the newer kit users! Your advice is solid and much appreciated by many, myself included! I was just looking for a little explanation behind your reccomendation which I got and understand now, your saying in lieu of a heavy trans drench in the 1's, up can with a regular trans drench is sure to help his plants get better. Now, as you said, Archie will pick the solution that best fits his situation or growing style. I can offer advice BUT I don't have nearly as much experience (with the kit or growing period) as you or many others here so sometimes I look to you guys to confirm or deny my instincts to not only help Archie or others but myself as well. Thanks Brother!

:passitleft:
Ween, you said it bro! I am also inquisitive and want to understand when to do what. I honestly didnt think upcanning would even be considered yet. Which is exactly why we need folks like Duggan! Thank you for helping me bro, I know its a full time job haha!

Like Duggan said there are many ways to skin this cat. The advise I gave was what I would do. I was tagged for advice so I gave my thoughts. I'm not disagreeing with Duggan's advice at all. New soil always helps but I was thinking he was trying to get them root bound in the 1's. The great thing about the kit is it is very forgiving. Most issues are due to overwatering or poor environment. I'm assuming his environment is good so then we have to look at the micro hard. A good strong TP drench won't hurt and top dressing roots powder will help colonize the soil again if it's lacking. Have patience and let them dry out. If they live with wet feet they'll droop. No problem will get corrected by over watering. Make sure they aren't on a cold floor and that a fan isn't blasting them. They'll snap out of it.
Thanks Neiko and I respect and appreciate your advice earlier as well. I was trying to get them root bound. Ill be more attentive going forward with regards to building better roots in the 1's. Its also nice to know that this is when a heavy Trans would be applied if I were to stay in 1's.
I have the plants insulated from the garage floor on some 1.5" thick foam, fan is on low and the plants kinda just 'dance', and environment is pretty spot on save for a couple growing pains with regards to automating the environmental controls. I am always working on my environment, its the one thing I feel confident about at this point.

Hypothetically speaking, if I did in fact underwater the plants between the first and second drench would that put a big hurt on the microbial life? I ask because of your comment on top dressing roots to help re-colonize.

Hypothetically speaking, if I did in fact underwater the plants between the first and second drench would that put a big hurt on the microbial life? I ask because of your comment on top dressing roots to help re-colonize.
If the microbial life is lacking then you'll never catch up. I suggested doing the top dress just to be sure we can rule that out and it sure won't hurt anything. It has saved me on more than 1 occasion.

Good morning Archie, Ween , Neiko and friends. No worriez you guys,...all is cool! Yes, when i told Lefty i would mentor him , but he had to listen to me, and me only , i simply meant it was ok to listen to other experienced growers to get ideas and learn plenty ,..but only put what i say into action. This is the ONLY way mentoring here works...otherwise way too much confusion happens and newer kit users get very confused.
Ween gives very good advise , and has been for some time now, so no concerns there....Neiko , of course knows his stuff extremely well and is a long time highly successful kit user,..not to mention a very good friend of mine too,...so.
So Archie, u can try Neikos method with the 'roots' and attempt to grow them further in those pots....or you can upcan into your finals right now and have them all looking splendid in a week to ten days. Don't worry about getting them rootbound in the lil pots before transplanting...i NEVER do this despite Doc's recommendations...i simply upcan when they are healthy and it's convenient for ME . After you gain more experience and get a better feel for things , that's when i would try Doc's method of growing them until completely rootbound, which takes considerable growing skills,...perhaps more than some have at this stage.
The bottom line Archie , and u know this from watching all of us ,is that this method is the best...i will stand by it as i am 100% sure of this , i have been at this since 1986/7 . Ween would be a great mentor for you Archie.... he is very involved and is committed to success. Of course Neiko's experience is invaluable and would also mentor extremely well.
Have a great day u guys....:circle-of-love:

Aww shucks,thanks Duggan! I am happy to help where I can but don't think I'm ready to be a mentor. I've only been growing for a few years and am good with the basics but am not great Abbott diagnosing issues and suggesting solutions with any certainty, that's why I call on you guys sometimes for back up. I agree 1000% about the kit being the best system out there but I only did 1 synth grow before I found the kit, I'll never grow any other way now.

:passitleft::passitleft:

Good morning Archie, Ween , Neiko and friends. No worriez you guys,...all is cool! Yes, when i told Lefty i would mentor him , but he had to listen to me, and me only , i simply meant it was ok to listen to other experienced growers to get ideas and learn plenty ,..but only put what i say into action. This is the ONLY way mentoring here works...otherwise way too much confusion happens and newer kit users get very confused.
Ween gives very good advise , and has been for some time now, so no concerns there....Neiko , of course knows his stuff extremely well and is a long time highly successful kit user,..not to mention a very good friend of mine too,...so.
So Archie, u can try Neikos method with the 'roots' and attempt to grow them further in those pots....or you can upcan into your finals right now and have them all looking splendid in a week to ten days. Don't worry about getting them rootbound in the lil pots before transplanting...i NEVER do this despite Doc's recommendations...i simply upcan when they are healthy and it's convenient for ME . After you gain more experience and get a better feel for things , that's when i would try Doc's method of growing them until completely rootbound, which takes considerable growing skills,...perhaps more than some have at this stage.
The bottom line Archie , and u know this from watching all of us ,is that this method is the best...i will stand by it as i am 100% sure of this , i have been at this since 1986/7 . Ween would be a great mentor for you Archie.... he is very involved and is committed to success. Of course Neiko's experience is invaluable and would also mentor extremely well.
Have a great day u guys....:circle-of-love:

Im interested in getting on the right track. I have 4 ten gallon containers and 8 seven gallon containers to choose from. I have the two larger (non kit soil) that I just upcanned to 3 gallons. They will probably start taking off fairly soon as its been a couple days since transplant. I would like to keep these plants at the same height if at all possible.

Having said all that, what would the recommendations be on:
container size?
roots and transplant for upcan?
If yes, still 15ml Transplant/gallon RO?

Here’s my answers what do you think?
10 gallon
Yes
Yes.

Aww shucks,thanks Duggan! I am happy to help where I can but don't think I'm ready to be a mentor. I've only been growing for a few years and am good with the basics but am not great Abbott diagnosing issues and suggesting solutions with any certainty, that's why I call on you guys sometimes for back up. I agree 1000% about the kit being the best system out there but I only did 1 synth grow before I found the kit, I'll never grow any other way now.

:passitleft::passitleft:

I’m thankful for all the help Ween, you know that. I can see Duggans point about how conflicting info can confuse new growers. Part of me kinda wishes I hadn’t made this journal and just grew it out on my own and asked for help in the Q and A. It’s hard to fall down publicly and pick yourself up but I will because I appreciate the help you and everyone has given and because I’m past being embarrassed at this point. I’m trying to be as transparent as I can in this journal because I want to educate myself as much as possible. Not just in Doc’s kit but as a grower in general. Thank you again buddy ok!

If the microbial life is lacking then you'll never catch up. I suggested doing the top dress just to be sure we can rule that out and it sure won't hurt anything. It has saved me on more than 1 occasion.

This is a solid piece of info to put in my toolkit as well, so to speak. This is the kind of stuff that a vet would do that us newer guys may not even think about. Thanks Neiko :high-five: If we stay in 1’s this is how I’d proceed I believe.

Evenin Archie, yup , u got it. Just as you listed. 10 gal. cuz of their endurance over the whole grow, and the fact that , 4 of them is approx. a full 'kit's' worth, making things more manageable. Yes, use Doc's 'roots' at transplant and stick to 15mls. ALL thru the grow, no matter what Drench you are applying. Makes things easy. that's how i like it. Always give at 15mls. per gal.
Get to know how much you need to mix up to completely soak the pots. Cheers

Evenin Archie, yup , u got it. Just as you listed. 10 gal. cuz of their endurance over the whole grow, and the fact that , 4 of them is approx. a full 'kit's' worth, making things more manageable. Yes, use Doc's 'roots' at transplant and stick to 15mls. ALL thru the grow, no matter what Drench you are applying. Makes things easy. that's how i like it. Always give at 15mls. per gal.
Get to know how much you need to mix up to completely soak the pots. Cheers
Cheers buddy! Ive been doing 15ml/gallon of drench and 0.5ml Tea. I let the tea bloom for five and then mix in the drench? Sound okay?

Ill upcan tomorrow if there is time.

sounds good Archie, If you are going to 10 gallon pots you'll want to up your tea to 1ml though.

If he uses Duggans method, it will still be 15ml of drench and .5ml of tea per gallon of water, correct me if I'm wrong Duggan. So it'll probably be close to 1ml if not right at 1. When I used 10's I fed about 1 1/2 gallons, sometimes 2.

Mornin Neiko, Archie, Duggan and crew. Have a hit of this tasty BCP.

If he uses Duggans method, it will still be 15ml of drench and .5ml of tea per gallon of water, correct me if I'm wrong Duggan. So it'll probably be close to 1ml if not right at 1. When I used 10's I fed about 1 1/2 gallons, sometimes 2.

Mornin Neiko, Archie, Duggan and crew. Have a hit of this tasty BCP.

Mornin Ween, Archie, Neiko, gang. Yes Ween,..a very good rule of thumb , is to always give the same amount , regardless of age, pot size or frequency!! I ALWAYS give 15mls. per gal. of water ,..always , always , always. The only thing i adjust , is the watering frequency ,...that IS ALL! So , get to know how much water it takes to fully soak your pots(any grower) and get used to mixing up that much...pretty easy eh. Cheers.... Another tip...always give Tea with any drink or Drench too and by that i mean give some with the straight water drinks as well. Cheers.

Hey thanks guys I slept rather bad last night but I’m done upcanning and holy crap I’m glad I made about five gallons of RO the other day cause it’s taking a lot to drench these 10’s. First time in a pot bigger than 5 gallon, I can cope no problem ;)

Upcan was completed by filling the containers with soil around the 1 gallon, removed the 1 gallon, sprinkled Roots!, and drenched with Transplant(15ml/gallon) and Tea (0.5ml/gallon).
You guys remember as said I refrigerated my drench and foliage bottles thinking that would be a good place to keep them? Well the transplant drench is very thick. Is this normal? Also it smells of fish guts.

I’ll have some photos and a proper update tonight as there is one other change that may have to happen in the lighting department.

Cheers everyone and thanks for stopping in!

Back
Top Bottom