Crumbs To Brix: Archiweedies' Organic, 4x8

Chlorine will evap with standing...24 hours, 48 if it smells like a pool out of the tap! Chloramine doesn't evap, but vitamin C tablets will get rid of that

LADWP uses chloramine and my water comes out between 190 and 250, but none of that seems to bother my plants. Of course, I'm not in LOS, but my fruit trees seem happy!
My water company is Rancho Cal Water and their water test only shows chlorine last I checked. I suppose the question is if I evaporate properly, is it safe to assume the microbial life can survive. Hmm.:nomo:
:nerd-with-glasses::reading420magazine::nerd-with-glasses:

So maybe an inline filter would do for your water. There was convo about them in the DBHBB Q&A recently. I think it was there anyway...

Edit: yes it was. Here’s a link Mr. Krip’s post there - those ones fit a standard hose he says:). I don’t know if this would solve the PPM and/or hardne water problem, but it does filter chlorine and chloramine.
Good morning , that filter is for chloramine and solids. .chlorine must be evaporated from the water .cheers
Damn that would’ve been too easy. Though it might still be helpful for the solids.
Would be easier to collect rain in barrels if you have that option.
If I’m not mistaken, I remember reading somewhere it was illegal to catch rain water in Cali lol

My soil is a living soil... I water with my tap water which is hard and have not had any ill effects... I do try to let it stand for 24hrs... but sometimes when ya gotta water, ya gotta water lol
Yea I mean at some point all I can do is go for it and see what happens. I have collected a couple hundred gallons of rain water, though much of it has been used on this grow right here. Sadly, we may not see rain again here for months once spring has sprung and we move onto summer.
Man I dont miss that 401, then into the 400 Ugh.
Hey congratulations on MOTM nomination!

Update Day 35 Flower
Alright here we go they are officially entering week 6 and we’re starting to get some frost from the indicas. Despite some trouble with mid-bloom fade, I think we’re still looking really great. :drool:
Durban is getting heavy enough that I’m starting to think about how to keep her upright as she leans more and more. The leaves are all faded at the top, but the bottom leaves are much greener.

Blueberry is one stank plant. She smells like fruity decomposing blueberries. I’m not even sure if that makes sense. Her cola stacking has me intrigued, especially if she puts a little weight on

BC2.1 is a quiet one but when you look closely she’s putting on some nice weight and has a beautiful deep green leaf color.

Lastly here’s the two non-Brix gals. BC 1 is really building some nice flowers to my eye.

So I picked up a new microscope for this grow and I’m trying to figure out the best way to view the trichs.
@InTheShed heres my clone garden and your gift. I just think her stems seem really small. She’s in a one gallon pot and I just checked her roots and She’s far from rootbound. Drinks every 4-5 days.
If you look close at the solo cup garden, I have a brand new baby coming up. Green Doctor :snowboating:

Those flowering plants look amazing! DP especially with that sweet purple...looks fake it's so cool :).

Not sure of your question on the AK. Looks just like mine, though at this stage I'd be pinching off tops and bending it out. How big do you want it before you flip it? Or, how big a pot is the final going to be?
Thanks Shed! The Durban is really stunning but Blueberry has the potential to really pack it on. She was the biggest plant by a good measure going into flower.

I’m not sure what my deal is with the AK haha. Her stems are so tiny they’re like the diameter of tooth picks. Add to that, her nodes are super close together so supercropping really tough. I suppose close nodes are good though right?
I’m thinking maybe my little 4 bulb t5 veg light isn’t enough light for her so I’m gonna start introducing her to the sun (again lol). She got about an hour and a half of sun as it was setting tonight and I’ll give her a few more each day for a week and a half or so.

Looking good Archie! I love that Durban, I don't get any purple in mine. Your blueberry sounds very similar to the one I just harvested. It wasn't blueberry smelling but it was very fruity with a underlying dank stench. It came out very potent and the buzz is one I've been lacking in my line up, I like it a lot. I didn't clone it because it didn't smell like that blueberry muffin smell I'm chasing but it sure is good F'n weed. Yours should yield very well, the buds are deceiving, I figured I'd get about 2.5 oz from mine and it weighed in right at 4 oz. You should bust that.

So I picked up a new microscope for this grow and I’m trying to figure out the best way to view the trichs.
@InTheShed heres my clone garden and your gift. I just think her stems seem really small. She’s in a one gallon pot and I just checked her roots and She’s far from rootbound. Drinks every 4-5 days.
If you look close at the solo cup garden, I have a brand new baby coming up. Green Doctor :snowboating:

I almost bought the same Loupe the other day 60-120 x?

At that size I would think she's ready for whatever you throw at her! Full strength nutes and full strength lights.
Yeah you know I realized last night as wrote my post that she is a full blown plant that is getting light from my seedling starting lights. She’s got enough light to live obviously. I’ve not given her any mutes as she went into some Mother Earth soil which seems a lot like FFOF but with even more chunks from the “forest floor” aka big ass sticks in your soil lol
For now she’s gonna start gardening off outside, let’s see what she does with a little sunlight :thumb:
Looking good Archie! I love that Durban, I don't get any purple in mine. Your blueberry sounds very similar to the one I just harvested. It wasn't blueberry smelling but it was very fruity with a underlying dank stench. It came out very potent and the buzz is one I've been lacking in my line up, I like it a lot. I didn't clone it because it didn't smell like that blueberry muffin smell I'm chasing but it sure is good F'n weed. Yours should yield very well, the buds are deceiving, I figured I'd get about 2.5 oz from mine and it weighed in right at 4 oz. You should bust that.
You absolutely nailed the smell! I was trying to guess the weight on Durban last night and I feel like maybe 2 zips. I’d love to think that Blueberry hits even 4oz at this point. The funny thing about Blueberry is she is really all I can smell in the tent. She overpowers everyone. Durban really has little to no smell, for this pheno at least. The Bedroom Cookies trio have a great fruity smell too just not quite that dankness that Blueberry puts out. It’s almost like a humid basement with a blueberry tree that hasn’t been picked or something lol. Cheers Neiko!
I almost bought the same Loupe the other day 60-120 x?
Yep that’s the one, much clearer picture and I been practicing with it. Think I have it figured out but I don’t how I’ll ever get a pic for you guys.. Cheers Joe :ciao:
Looking mighty sweet Archie! You going to grow out all of those clones/seedlings? Wish I could grow that many!

:passitleft:
Hey Ween thanks buddy! This Max Yield is really nice eh?
Yeah I may have had more clones survive than expected lol. There’s an event happening next month where a couple of us are getting together. I hope to unload some of them on some members from here.
There are two each of BC1 and BC2, Two ak47, and four Durban’s from my purple pheno. The Durban’s have rooted but only one seems to have started growing leaves so far. The reveg takes forever! It’s all an experiment to me though.
I have a seedling in the very back that just sprouted. She is Green Doctor, a 2:1 CBD/THC. 10week strain with Super Lemon Haze as a parent. Should be interesting!

As far as future plans... I’m back and forth on what I’d like to do going forward. I do know I’ll have two plants going. AK47 cut from Shed, breeder is 420 and a Green Doctor. Outdoor grow.
I’m having a time deciding if I want to put the bags in the ground or build a raised bed. I have two thirty gallon bags at the ready.

Dibs on a DP! Never had colored buds :).
Actually, I need to re- read Beez’s journal regarding reversing sex and pollinating a bud or two. Then I could make some seeds. I know he says there hasn’t been a problem with hermies, but I need to make sure of that before going through all that effort.

He said in my thread that it hasn't been a problem for him, and I believe him enough to tell that it's worth the effort if you want to make seeds!
Right and I did see that so what the hell? I’m gonna give it a go.
Let’s say I have two cuts from the plant I want to make seeds from. I can reverse sex on one, collect pollen and pollinate cut 2? Or is it better to just reverse a branch, gather pollen, and pollinate a different part of the plant?

Said another way, do I need one cut or two? That’s where my confusion lies I suppose. The colloidal silver can reverse sex despite photoperiod or does it need to be in flower to start reversing? @beez0404 help a grower out man?

Helpful seed-making links:

If only all that info wasn’t buried in a 96 page thread more folks could find it.
I’m thankful for the links Shed. Sounds like I can take a cutting, flip to 12/12, administer CS twice daily until sacs show, collect pollen, pollinate buds , harvest seeds 6 weeks later.

Clearly, there are steps taken to prevent stray pollen from getting plants prego like the French bread bag to protect the pollinated sites and spraying the plant with water to deactivate stray pollen that might’ve escaped.

Did I miss anything? @beez0404 is there anything else you would suggest?

Before I attempt such a errand, how likely would it be if the parent exhibits certain traits like purple buds, that the offspring would inherit it?

You can expect 1/4 purple in the first generation (F1). Second generation is harder to predict unless it's crossed with another purple or selfed (S2).

Back
Top Bottom