Crumbs To Brix: Archiweedies' Organic, 4x8

Alright I’m tagging you @InTheShed so we can continue this discussion about re-hydration of the too dry buds.

I set up a tote with the buds in a Pyrex baking dish. Boiled some water and put that in a Pyrex mixing bowl. I’m not sponsored by Pyrex guys okay :rofl: I promise.

Shut the lid and set a timer so I can check them out in about ten.
I also splashed a couple nugs real good with scalding hot water. Steamed buds smell bad mmkay.
I’ll probably fish those buds out and put them in a paper bag again lol. I’ve never had this much trouble drying before but I suffer from low RH all the time where I am.

Morning to ya mr.Weedies a trick if I may......haha

So i don't have access to boveda packs cause I live in a one horse town, can order on Internet but when ya need it ya need it.
Get a small ziploc bag ( 10g size )... :snowboating: Cut a small piece of sponge to fit inside and wet it and squeeze excess out and place inside......then inside curing jar with bag open does the job of restoring moisture to dry buds wonderfully and keeps rh stable...

Oof indeed.

Update Day 53 Flower

Alright guys, we’re coming down to the harvest period for BC1 as she has shown a few ambers. Everyone else is still working on ripening.
I’m going to try my hardest to hold off on harvesting any plants until Blueberry is done. I actually haven’t checked her trichs because she has so few amber pistils and she is a 9 week strain.

If I get too much amber on the BC plants while waiting for Blueberry, I may have to harvest separately again.

The Durban turned out fantastic everyone! The RH after my little rehydration attempt that Shed suggested hit about 72%RH so I had to go into the brown paper bags again. Finally the jars are topping out at about 65%RH and burping them twice a day. The best part is the buds never lost their scent which I thought I had certainly messed up.
So Cheers Shed :high-five: Crisis averted

State of the garden:

I’m listening if you can make out the trichs better than me.
@Amy Gardner @Kingjoe83 @Duggan @InTheShed

I know the scope shot sucks...

Stunning update and beautiful garden mr.Weedies....

Morning to ya mr.Weedies a trick if I may......haha

So i don't have access to boveda packs cause I live in a one horse town, can order on Internet but when ya need it ya need it.
Get a small ziploc bag ( 10g size )... :snowboating: Cut a small piece of sponge to fit inside and wet it and squeeze excess out and place inside......then inside curing jar with bag open does the job of restoring moisture to dry buds wonderfully and keeps rh stable...

Oof indeed.

Stunning update and beautiful garden mr.Weedies....
Morning Smeegol :ciao:
That’s a great trick buddy! I’ll remember it next time. In my area we often have low RH so drying is always a challenge for me.
Yea the Durban was a bit of an oof. Hey, it all worked out and I the buds that were way too wet, they were made into hash oil and injected into vape cartridges earlier today :high-five:

Thanks for the kind words :thanks:

Based on that 2º angle view blurry loupe shot I see a bit of amber on whatever is in the background. That's about all I can tell.

It's tough based on pistils alone because foxtails will keep pushing out white pistils even when the trichs are going amber.
Yeah I posted it just in case someone could see something I don’t.

My gut tells me, based on the testers taken about 6 days ago, Bedroom is ready and Blueberry could’ve been taken but it could use more time.
I think I’m going to get my water buckets ready to wash some buds
I’ll try UA’s suggestion over on your thread and see if it works to check the trichomes.

State of the garden:

I’m listening if you can make out the trichs better than me.
@Amy Gardner @Kingjoe83 @Duggan @InTheShed

I know the scope shot sucks...
All I see is cloudy and some clear it’s a bit out of focus buddy . My plants currently are almost at end of week 9 flower which is most of what the strains call for .

Still lots of cloudy here too I took down cherry bomb as last night I saw a few traces of amber and a butt ton of of cloudyZ

Just remember more cloudy more thc.
Amber you start to lose thc and more get more sedated feel and cdn .

I know Indica dominate I want some nice sedated meds myself . Sativa dominate I’ll chop at Cousy with tad clear even m
Some sativas I’ll let go til I see signs of amber like cherry bomb and then pull I figure it’s a win win harvesting at first signs of amber .

You will know Thc is at its max more or less and amber is there so she is there too.

Yeah I posted it just in case someone could see something I don’t.

My gut tells me, based on the testers taken about 6 days ago, Bedroom is ready and Blueberry could’ve been taken but it could use more time.
I think I’m going to get my water buckets ready to wash some buds
I’ll try UA’s suggestion over on your thread and see if it works to check the trichomes.
Check the calyxs too buddy has helped me a lot when to chop

Mornin to ya Archie...yes, your plants are definitely in the 'window'. Its all personal preference now bud. That BCP is a tricky one cuz of the hard hit it has. If ya let her go TOO late she will knock u on your ass and that's not really what we want so...not a bad idea to take her/them now. You have done a very good job on this , your first DBHBB grow and have gained so much knowledge from the group here and it's been fun joining along. Cheers eh....:bravo:

Sounds like you know BC is ready Archi... chop chop! :high-five: Man, I’m sorry to hear about your buddy. Sounds like a shock. Sending best vibes across the pacific :surf:

All your buds and plants are looking beautiful! That Blueberry is gorgeous :yummy::love:
Thanks for the condolences AG. It’s helped remind me how precious life is to lose a great friend. I have fond memories of twisting a fat one with him and just being knuckleheads :confused:
Thanks for the kind words AG! Stick around cause I’ve got an update to do hopefully once I crop some pictures. Cheers!
All I see is cloudy and some clear it’s a bit out of focus buddy . My plants currently are almost at end of week 9 flower which is most of what the strains call for .

Still lots of cloudy here too I took down cherry bomb as last night I saw a few traces of amber and a butt ton of of cloudyZ

Just remember more cloudy more thc.
Amber you start to lose thc and more get more sedated feel and cdn .

I know Indica dominate I want some nice sedated meds myself . Sativa dominate I’ll chop at Cousy with tad clear even m
Some sativas I’ll let go til I see signs of amber like cherry bomb and then pull I figure it’s a win win harvesting at first signs of amber .

You will know Thc is at its max more or less and amber is there so she is there too.

Thanks KJ! Sounds like you’ve confirmed what I was seeing brother I appreciate the knowledge regarding the harvest windows. I’ve necer let one go too amber, how about you?
Mornin to ya Archie...yes, your plants are definitely in the 'window'. Its all personal preference now bud. That BCP is a tricky one cuz of the hard hit it has. If ya let her go TOO late she will knock u on your ass and that's not really what we want so...not a bad idea to take her/them now. You have done a very good job on this , your first DBHBB grow and have gained so much knowledge from the group here and it's been fun joining along. Cheers eh....:bravo:

Hey Duggan, thanks for stopping by and offering me your wisdom yet again sensei! I’ll never forget the helping hand you’ve extended to me. I hope one day I can pay it forward to someone in need.
I’m being serious when I tell you... that tester I took of BC2.1... it had a little time to sit in a jar at 62%RH and I smoked a bowl out of my sherlock. I was sent man! I’ve not been that high ever. I know that’s cliche’ to say about DBHBB but I’m not kidding. I was actually concerned I might’ve had too much :passitleft: Have a hit, if you dare :party:

Thanks for the condolences AG. It’s helped remind me how precious life is to lose a great friend. I have fond memories of twisting a fat one with him and just being knuckleheads :confused:
Thanks for the kind words AG! Stick around cause I’ve got an update to do hopefully once I crop some pictures. Cheers!

Thanks KJ! Sounds like you’ve confirmed what I was seeing brother I appreciate the knowledge regarding the harvest windows. I’ve necer let one go too amber, how about you?

Hey Duggan, thanks for stopping by and offering me your wisdom yet again sensei! I’ll never forget the helping hand you’ve extended to me. I hope one day I can pay it forward to someone in need.
I’m being serious when I tell you... that tester I took of BC2.1... it had a little time to sit in a jar at 62%RH and I smoked a bowl out of my sherlock. I was sent man! I’ve not been that high ever. I know that’s cliche’ to say about DBHBB but I’m not kidding. I was actually concerned I might’ve had too much :passitleft: Have a hit, if you dare :party:
I wasn’t checking my plant properly for about two years man. Just lately I have started to get better .

But I plan on trying to do that myself right get lots of amber on a few of these remaining girls. The white cookies x atf and ducth delight and last pmb . Cherry bomb is hanging woot woot !

Update Day 64
Chop Day
Timburrrrrr! :laugh:
Alright last night with the help of @InTheShed and @UrbanAchiever I was taught that I could use my camera with the telephoto lense to take some pretty decent close ups. On my camera I can zoom in really far and see the trichomes. I’ll share the photos I used but it may not be as easy to tell.

Regardless, I made the decision around 11:30 last night, filled my buckets for the bud washing and got stuck right in!
I trim fairly lightly as I rather enjoy the sugar leaves and with humidity around 40RH just about daily, I have to keep lots of stem and stuff attached to help prolong drying. The tent is set for 60%RH and temps are between 63F and 72F.
This is the first time I’m using my tent to dry as most of my plants are harvested one at a time in brown bags.
Here we go:

I’ve got wet weights of the following
BC1- 610g
BC2 - 697g
BC 2.1 - 909
Blueberry - 1328g

I’m so tired from trimming and washing all night that I haven’t even converted the weights in my head yet lol. Cheers all, I’ll check ya later :high-five:

:woohoo: Congratulations on the big harvest! They look terrific and I LOL'd at the gonzo supercrop on that one hanging :). Not a fuck was given by that branch!

You started at 11:30 last night? If I did that with my one AK-47 I would have still been trimming this morning! Nice work. :thumb:
Haha thanks Shed!
I crawled into bed at 4:30 am :jawdropper:

I proceeded to sleep 4 hours and then woke up and made the family breakfast :headbanger:
Beautiful job and buds, :thumb:You gotta Whole lotta buds, I've been drooling:hmmmm::rofl::theband:
I gotta a whole lotta love buds mmmmrrrrrrrrrooooewwww :theband:

Thanks Dynamo!

:bravo: what a massive harvest! What will be more than a pound in the end, cut, washed and hung in one night by one guy :eek: :adore:

Looks great all hanging like that - just such a huge amount. And the photos look great :thumb: I can tell you would’ve been able to zoom in really well on those, on your computer screen. We lose that once they’re uploaded ‘cause the site compresses them to it’s max resolution. I’ll let you in on a trick I use to capture those really close on screen views - take a screenshot when you’re zoomed in to a good zone :)

Smokin’ it up! Trimmin’ it up! :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom