Crumbs To Brix: Archiweedies' Organic, 4x8

This new 'platform' is WAY better than the old one. The abrubt change pissed off a lot of members , and a few actually left because of it. I love uploading pics now...way easier and faster . The change took everyone a few weeks to get used to it but i'm sure everyone is more than happy with things now. The 420 staff worked very hard getting this up and running and deserve a big hand!:bravo:

Are you presently using the hydro house mister Archi ?? Hows that working ? Getting ready to buy the 5 head, and just wondering how yours is doing ??
I am still using it and it’s kicking butt SP! The harvest, in large part to the humidifier, was still not dry yet last night. We are currently on Day 6 of my drying which is twice as long as I’ve ever been able to dry before! This is huuuuge for me! Cheers SP!
This new 'platform' is WAY better than the old one. The abrubt change pissed off a lot of members , and a few actually left because of it. I love uploading pics now...way easier and faster . The change took everyone a few weeks to get used to it but i'm sure everyone is more than happy with things now. The 420 staff worked very hard getting this up and running and deserve a big hand!:bravo:
I agree the changes are fantastic, the bookmark feature alone :yahoo:

Cheers Duggan! I’m headed you’re way to get caught up at some point today brother.

Cheers Arch...won't take ya long to get caught up over at my place...nothin goin on , but a few crazy sativas.....:high-five:
I really like how you’re showing some training though bro. You’re training is up there where I’m trying to get. I’m doing better with my current attempts.

Thanks Arch...the thing with training is , a grower has to be vigilant in SCing , tieing down the whole way. If you get a bit lazy , then it's easy to say ,.."awe,..ya,..that leader is getting ahead of the others,..but looks so good, i'l leave it". It's a trap hard to avoid, me included...i gotta get on the training again today . With fast growing plants, it's even more of a challenge. I have that one A5 Killer that i haven't even topped yet , so i'm curious as to how that will play out. cheers bud.:passitleft:

Thanks Arch...the thing with training is , a grower has to be vigilant in SCing , tieing down the whole way. If you get a bit lazy , then it's easy to say ,.."awe,..ya,..that leader is getting ahead of the others,..but looks so good, i'l leave it". It's a trap hard to avoid, me included...i gotta get on the training again today . With fast growing plants, it's even more of a challenge. I have that one A5 Killer that i haven't even topped yet , so i'm curious as to how that will play out. cheers bud.:passitleft:
I got a couple questions for you, since you’re sharing.
One: Lately I’ve been getting down so I’m eye level with the canopy and just pulling down that one or two tips that are slightly above the rest. It’s like whack-a-mole lol. Sometimes it’s easier to pull the LST straps, other times a supercrop works a treat. This is your method too essentially, right?

Two: This one ties in sorta, I read somewhere about weaponising foliars as part of integrated pest management. Can you explain it and if it would more beneficial than leaf wash?

I got a couple questions for you, since you’re sharing.
One: Lately I’ve been getting down so I’m eye level with the canopy and just pulling down that one or two tips that are slightly above the rest. It’s like whack-a-mole lol. Sometimes it’s easier to pull the LST straps, other times a supercrop works a treat. This is your method too essentially, right?

Two: This one ties in sorta, I read somewhere about weaponising foliars as part of integrated pest management. Can you explain it and if it would more beneficial than leaf wash?

Yes, that is exactly what i do to LST Arch. My goal is always the same....get them to veg as long as possible ,..so they get 'old'. That way , branching is way more developed and the plant will simply yield a lot more. keeping a close eye on a 'level' canopy is a MUST for that to happen. We are very height restricted , so. Gotta fly....Easter dinner....cheers eh...:high-five:

Okay folks, got some real numbers in for the harvest.
07798A37-166C-4A32-8B5C-596AE35A5B88.jpeg
55E8A18B-CC4E-45EB-8069-EF85A5C925E2.jpeg
A

We hit a pound! And I’m so lucky I bought more jars! Happy Friday and Happy 4/20 weekend!!:420::yahoo::yahoo:

:woohoo: great going Archi - plenty plentiful jars!!

weaponising foliars as part of integrated pest management. Can you explain it

I can field this one a bit - cause I’ve done it :). Doc’s advice on weaponising the foliars is to mix at 1/4 strength and spray the way you spray leafwash (hard, and soak/blast the whole plant). I don’t think it’s better than leaf wash but i do know that it can be done in flower so is the alternative to leafwash in that instance (because we can’t use leafwash during flower!).

:Namaste:

I actually have these collected from when I was looking into it for myself. Some randomly occurring thoughts from Doc on the subject:
Weaponize the foliars! Mix DeStress at 1/4 strength and blast the living daylights out of every inch of that plant twice a week.
You really shouldn't need much in the way of bug sprays, especially if you "weaponize" the foliars and use them to irritate and drown the mites with each application.
If I see a web, I weaponize the foliars for the next 2 or 3 sprayings and don't worry about it.
Even with spider mites, as long as you Leaf Wash the crap out of them in veg and early bloom and "weaponize" the foliars you can weather the most serious mite infestations without much trouble, but it does take some time and attention with the spraying.

Lookin Good Archie! How did you cure the Durban Poison?
Aww man curing Durban was a nightmare of my own doing. I washed the buds and hung them to dry. Then I snipped the buds and put them in brown paper bags. They got just barely too dry, like 52%RH so I used Shed’s suggestion on rehydrating them.
Place a steaming bowl of water in a tote with the herb in a tray for around an hour.

Well, I spilled some hot water on the tray with the buds... rookie mistake. The really wet ones I just made hash oil from with Everclear.
I finally got them back to about 61%RH and called it done.

I usually harvest in brown paper bags, it’s usually perfect when I leave some sugar leaves on but I forgot to do that with Durban. The rest of the tent was harvested, for my first time, and hung to dry in the tent. Cheers Age!
:woohoo: great going Archi - plenty plentiful jars!!

I can field this one a bit - cause I’ve done it :). Doc’s advice on weaponising the foliars is to mix at 1/4 strength and spray the way you spray leafwash (hard, and soak/blast the whole plant). I don’t think it’s better than leaf wash but i do know that it can be done in flower so is the alternative to leafwash in that instance (because we can’t use leafwash during flower!).

Oh thank you AG! I get it totally, makes sense. How often can one spray leaf wash? Cause from what I understand the weaponized foliars can be sprayed every three days.

I actually have these collected from when I was looking into it for myself. Some randomly occurring thoughts from Doc on the subject:

Okay awesome I read a few of the same statements at certain points.

Did you rely on weaponizing the foliars like this for ipm AG? Or did your natural predators keep things in check well enough?

I only do it if i see a problem. The weaponised spraying is more taxing! But outside this year I had mites set in just after flower got started so I ended up using the Green Cleaner - which nuked em (and only burnt the leaves because I made a mistake wth the second application).

So I dont do it unless i spy something. The leafwash I have done a few times in late veg and early flower as the preventative IPM measure, I think you can leaf wash once a week to 10 days - its also a foliar - I have waited longer between, usually, but am still experimenting with that...

Thanks AG that gives me a good starting point. I’ll have to test some on my own. I wonder if leaf wash can be stored like destress after its mixed. I think Duggan mentioned leaf wash and destress being a lot alike as far as ingredients. Obviously the neem oil, etc. is different.

Back
Top Bottom