Crumbs To Brix: Archiweedies' Organic, 4x8

The Specifics
What strain is it? Durban Poison (Dutch Passion), Blueberry (Dutch Passion), Bedroom Cookies (Bedroom Farmer)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Yes
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? One week
If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Doc Buds High Brix Blend!
If soil... What size pot? Veg in 1's and flower in 10's
Size of light? 650W
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab? 20C - 28C
RH of Room/cab? 40-55
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? Very little at this point.
Type and strength of ferts used? Minerals and Magic!

The History

Hello, This will be my grow journal for the last part of December here and really taking off in 2019. I'd like to welcome you to jump in at any point and say hi! I know it can be overwhelming to read hours worth of posts just to get caught up. Just ask me whats going on and Ill be glad to recap where Im at.
I've been growing for a couple years now and it never amazes me how much there is to learn about this amazing plant. My focus the latter part of 2018 has been environment and researching Doc's kit. I have researched Docs kit, read Darkscotia's apprentice thread w/Doc, read many Brixxers journals and I'm ready to give it a whirl. This is all coming off the heels of me transitioning from Autos to Photos. I've got a veg space for cuttings and seedlings and young veg plants. It's a 2.5ft x 3.5ft insulated box I built for my first couple grows. It holds temps very well without too much help from me. I just setup a 4x8 tent and I plan to just use half of that space for now. My AC, dehumidifier, heater, and humidifier are all taking up room right now and that was the point of the larger tent to begin with. I grow in an uninsulated garage in SoCal so I am playing mother nature like alot of us out there. Lighting in the veg tent are three cob LEDs retrofitted to an old MarsII 400W fixture. The drivers push these COBS very nicely and is probably too much light for the space.
The Flower tent is running a 600wHPS and Three autocobs, one placed above each plant. I have a new light coming from Neil at Perfect Sun so Ill be sharing that when it happens.

Without further ado:

I also have two mother plants of Bedroom Cookies that I took cuttings from on the same day I put the seeds in soil. First clone rooted today and it was my first time rooting a clone in a peat plug and a propagation dome. & days isn't the longest I've seen some wait for roots ;).
She got roots and sprinkled some rain water on her to get things moving in the soil.

And heres where we are today. I did use Destress on this clone and I must say she rooted very fast!

Alright thats it, we're off and running! Thanks for looking all!

Good morning Archie...count me in ! first page....muhahaha...:slide:
Woop ! Pulling up and blazin out! Tagging along for this grow show! Let’s do this archi!
:passitleft:
Welcome Duggan, Neikodog, and Dutch! Stoked to have everyone here.

I know this can be a real boring part of the grow, waiting for seedlings to take off, I’ll try to keep it interesting haha.
I am working on my schedule and I’m curious how long you guys are vegging? I am estimating 6-8 weeks.

Archie...time is not the big thing....it's how they grow , and how big you want them before you flip. Some strains grow much faster than others and your pot size matters too, so... Cheers eh.

Ahh okay let me back up. The plan, is to veg in one gallon and flower in 10 gallon. I think, if I remember correctly, Doc suggests flowering once alternating nodes appear? I was going to wait to ask, but what if I’d rather top the plant? Is it up to me when that happens?

Hey Archie! Alternating nodes is a minimum but not really the point of transplant. It's when the plants are drinking every day or two but some, like Duggan transplant when it works for them, not waiting for the every day drink. As he said, different strains grow at different rates. Your general timeframe of 6-8 weeks is good but maybe try the daily drinking thing to follow Doc's directions. He flips at transplant but that is in 7's, Duggan and I will suggest vegging ipfor 2-4 more weeks in the 10's, probably closer to 2 weeks, again it depends on how big you want em!

I reccomend topping and or fimming! Probably at about 3 weeks, minimum of 5 nodes. I like topping because it gives you more tops to play with and I always do a mix of topping and fimming as I like them both. Let me know if you need to know what a FIM is.

Hey Archie! Alternating nodes is a minimum but not really the point of transplant. It's when the plants are drinking every day or two but some, like Duggan transplant when it works for them, not waiting for the every day drink. As he said, different strains grow at different rates. Your general timeframe of 6-8 weeks is good but maybe try the daily drinking thing to follow Doc's directions. He flips at transplant but that is in 7's, Duggan and I will suggest vegging ipfor 2-4 more weeks in the 10's, probably closer to 2 weeks, again it depends on how big you want em!

I reccomend topping and or fimming! Probably at about 3 weeks, minimum of 5 nodes. I like topping because it gives you more tops to play with and I always do a mix of topping and fimming as I like them both. Let me know if you need to know what a FIM is.
Okay so if I wanted to #quadsquad the plant, I could do that? They top at 4th or 5th node I believe. I think I get FIM though I’ve only tried topping at this point.
I may have to rethink my vegging plan because I just realized vegging for two weeks or so more after transplant could be hard to do in my cab. I’m trying to start a perpetual more or less where I start a seed or two every three weeks. The backup plan is to veg in 1’s in my box, transplant to 10s in the 4x8, veg for a couple more weeks then flip. I, can still do that no problem.

Sorry hit post before I replied up above hehe.
For anyone interested, I noticed in @Darkscotia ’s journal w/Doc that it was recommended that seeds not be dunked in water for the usual 12/24 hour recommendation ( unless it’s an older seed). I’ve always been a dunk and paper towel guy, but I was relieved to see that my seeds did come up in three days with no water dunking. Starting seeds and and drying/curing are the two areas of growing that kinda make me nervous. I’m so relieved when the seedlings pop up out of dirt!

Ya...for me, i like to soak em for a while...helps to soften up the outer shell is all. Whatever floats your boat Archie. like ya said ..i always feel good when i see them split , in the paper towels,...once i see the smallest split, into the soil they go, in #1's.
Right on, yea and as you and I discussed in your thread, Durban has a rep for being a finicky strain. I just decided to treat it like any other seed and it came up just fine. I do feel like starting in the soil is maybe more natural but I hate not being able to see it split the shell haha.

On the subject of seeds, here’s a look at what I scored during the Seedsman Halloween promo:

Archie, you don't need to veg the extra 2 weeks, just a recommendation if you want bigger plants. It's whatever works for you brother! Yes you can quad!

:passitleft:
Hmm. I did deliberate over this in the research stages. Part of me feels like it is natural to go from 1’s and flip in 7’s after a couple days. I was intending to go to 10’s just for the reason of letting them get a little bigger.

This is why I’m happy I started this thread early-ish. I knew there would be a lot of input about these decisions. Thanks Ween!
My goal is to try and follow the kit as closely as possible so that I can get my feet underneath me and try to fully comprehend the soil and foliars. Hopefully after a run or two I’ll understand the way things work a little better.

Seedsman score! Not scary at all :).

Magoo quadlined in Doc's Kit and his looks great:
Top Secret Government Lab: High Brix Quadline: G13 Haze!
Perfect! Thanks Shed! I was knee deep in couple threads and missed his. I think @Lady G2HM and @LadyGaea did some Brix shenanigans and I’m in the middle of that one too.
I think I finally just got to the point where I had read so much it was time to do!

Re the seeds, yessir not scary! I am itching to get that GD-1 in the dirt and DP’s Nightqueen has been on my radar for quite a while. That’s one reason I want to try to work in a perpetual... so many different strains! I also am wise enough ( not wise, just wise enough ;)) to realize it might be wise to just run cycles of flowers until I get the hang of the kit.
Right now, assuming my clone takes off, I’ve got five photperiod plants.

The three in docs soil and the two BC mother plants are in roots organic one gallons. They need to be transplanted I think but are starting to look better. The plan was to flip the mother plants but they just won’t be in Docs kit. Other than making some comparisons I doubt I’ll go into too much depth on what I’m doing with them.

I’m comfortable running a max of six plants in the tent, for now. So there could be a spot for one more seed...

Back
Top Bottom